Alpa Merger Policy -- A Reminder

Just a reminder for those who were silently hoping that a certain Airbus Captain would get slotted all the way back to 737-200 F/O.

Note that there is NO MENTION of DOH.

Here are the ALPA list integration goals from the ALPA Administrative Manual

SECTION 45 – MERGER AND FRAGMENTATION POLICY 10/31/02

5. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre-merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre-merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

I wonder how the AWA pilots will view U ALPA in regards to career expectations . . . . fairly good for survival at AWA and virtually zero at U (like TWA). A merging of lists would be an AA/TWA deal all over again . . .maybe worse. If I were an AWA guy, I'd be extremely worried about getting screwed over.

Furloughedagain said:
Just a reminder for those who were silently hoping that a certain Airbus Captain would get slotted all the way back to 737-200 F/O.

Note that there is NO MENTION of DOH.

Here are the ALPA list integration goals from the ALPA Administrative Manual

SECTION 45 – MERGER AND FRAGMENTATION POLICY 10/31/02

5. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre-merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre-merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.
[post="263369"][/post]​

Thanks for cutting and pasting my note from the AWA board. :rolleyes:

Winglet said:
I wonder how the AWA pilots will view U ALPA in regards to career expectations . . . . fairly good for survival at AWA and virtually zero at U (like TWA). A merging of lists would be an AA/TWA deal all over again . . .maybe worse. If I were an AWA guy, I'd be extremely worried about getting screwed over.
[post="263387"][/post]​

I don't know how you could state an AWA pilot has a fairly good chance for survival. Unless I'm mistaken, except for WN, every carrier is in some form of financial peril and everyone's "career expectations" are in jeopardy.

There are ways seniority lists can be merged other than DOH. Will it be fair and equitable to everyone? The short answer is NO. There has never been a seniority list integration that was perceived that way. Someone will feel they got screwed.

At UAL they still talk about the Capital merger from the '60's. At NWA, they still talk about the Republic Merger, and on and on...

Probably premature to even get this thread rolling don't you think? Someone in the money world still has to ponie up about half a BILLION bucks to get this to happen. Put that on your "fat chance meter" and see what reading you get!

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I've never heard of the Capital merger before, and I've been here for quite some time.

Won't make any difference anyways with this fractionized pilot group---hasnt yet in 20 yrs I been paying dues---just go straight DOH and forget it.

Wasn't fragmentation waived while in BK? Man, just think if they lopped off U's Airbus fleet and sent it back to GE, and took delivery of the new 320's HP has on order. A certain airbus captain would have all day every day to post on usaviation.

Ewwww.

AAviator:

The company's September 6 proposal contained fragmentation and other scope items, but the RC4 prevented the proposal from going out for membership ratification by a 4-8 vote after a 13-day special MEC meeting. Then on September 10 the company's next proposal eliminated fragmentation, minimum fleet count, scope and other rights, prior to the September 12 bankruptcy filing, which could cause you to lose your job.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

All:

It would appear that if in fact there is a merger, it would be the USAirways name/brand surviving.....however, since the money is coming from somewhere else and not U or AWA, they hold all the cards.

Since this will be a merger, there is no fragging going on. However, that could change. Again, it just depends on who is holding the CASH.

Boomer

CaptianBoomer:

I agree with your thoughts. Neither company has the money to acquire anything and a third party will be required to fund the transaction. It could be RSA, GECAS, TPG, and/or a private investor. We will have to see how it unfolds with fluid on-going negotiations yet to be completed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
CaptianBoomer:

I agree with your thoughts. Neither company has the money to acquire anything and a third party will be required to fund the transaction. It could be RSA, GECAS, TPG, and/or a private investor. We will have to see how it unfolds with fluid on-going negotiations yet to be completed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="263465"][/post]​
Did you read the link you posted in the other thread?

<snip>
"An outright merger would be the toughest deal to accomplish, analysts said, so the companies could decide to form a holding company and operate under a code-share agreement."

A holding company. Wouldn't that be a new entity to roll the good parts into, leaving the unwanted parts behind?

The problem with you pilots is you don't have a real union, national seniority list or national pay scale like other MORE effective unions.
you guys need to do that RIGHT NOW. But with the attitude that the majority of you take by "screw the other group" i think hell would freeze over first.

Your only salvation is national list with national pay scale.
:shock:

Latest posts