Alpa Negotiator Speaks Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: the company will be able to seek out of seniority furloughs riding them self of bad employees who up to know have been protected by a union. Thsi can now occur in any union.

In regard to good news, I do not believe people who vioate rules, abuse the sick policy, or are irresponsible should be employed. In my father's business he fired people for these type of employees, by if a union is involved, poor employees are protected. It does not matter where the employee sits on a list, they can now be furloughed without the union's ability to stop it with bankruptcy court approval.

That is a risk of not having an agreement going into bankruptcy. In fact, it would not surpirse me to see the RC4 and NC furloughed.

Furthermore, there is reason to believe this will occur.

In regard to the NC, Doug Mowrey went a 3-day trip today and Jack Greenhall and Ted Schott are off enjoying the weekend.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Some folks just dont get it! Regardless of what contract is settled on with any of the labor groups, this company is going into BK for one reason...to void all the contracts and plead poverty and try to set their own rules. We can all see thru the "show" that they are currently presenting...just to plead before a judge about how "hard" they tried to get the labor groups to understand. But labor just would not cooperate. What a very sad tale indeed.

Okay, pot, kettle, black, don't you think it's hypocritical of you to talk about a "low" sick bank? Lastly, while I may take cheap shots at your self-professed bravado on the Internet, not once, have I even entertained the idea that I wish you unemployment. I find it beyond comprehension that you gleefully hope many of your fellow pilots get furloughed out of seniority. Do us a favor, turn in your ALPA card. Because you certainly do not deserve the priviledge.

USA32OPILOT,
I personally believe, based on talking to several of my AAA friends, that the above would lead to a strike. This is an ALPA union issue beyond the context of AAA. As they say, believe it or not.

Denver,CO

name edited by moderator

USA320,

RC4 and neg. com. furloughed????

Stop already...you're making me laugh.... :lol:

I never heard this in any BK airline filing. Stop fabricating. You know that just isn't true.

Our contracts are in place if and until there is an abrogation. And then we will be released to "self help" actions.

If the company should go there ......self help will occur, rest assured.

ua767fo said:
I personally believe, based on talking to several of my AAA friends, that the above would lead to a strike. This is an ALPA union issue beyond the context of AAA. As they say, believe it or not.

Denver,CO
[post="178632"][/post]​

That's why I think it is imperative to keep the self help option open as they are doing.
Otherwise they really have sacrificed all possible leverage to get a decent deal out of the judge and/or the company.

javaboy said:
i think now people can see why (for DECADES)i have advocated hiring professional negotiators to do professional negotiations just like professional pilots are employed for professional piloting.
[post="178566"][/post]​

Your not the only one. Negotiations are a skill, not just something you try every 4 years. ALPA needs to get its head out of its butt and HIRE PROFESSIONAL NEGOTIATORS TO NEGOTIATE! I am willing to pay higher dues to buy good competant help.

DENVER, CO

USA320Pilot said:
Finally, I believe the company has a better chance of surviving today than yesterday. Why? The employee cuts will be deeper (which ALPA's advisors predicted and they're happening with every new company proposal) and the company will be able to seek out of seniority furloughs riding them self of bad employees who up to know have been protected by a union.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="178545"][/post]​

Might I ask how you would feel if the fleet that they furloughed out of seniority was the Airbus? As a regular trouble maker in the mix of things perhaps those other three fingers pointing back at you when you are pointing might just get you.

I wish nothing on anyone, but you my friend are wishing bad things on people and out of seniority furloughs. I think I see why you were a 570 at UAL. :angry:

Just received a PM.

Bankruptcy will be filed tomorrow with more furloughs in managment coming....brace ourselves for this ride into darkness.

All of the union leaders need to prepare their membership for possible abrogation of our agreements and self help actions and put this bad boy to rest.

ITS ALSO IMPERATIVE FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT OUR ANYALYST FORCASTED APPROX 30% REDUCTION IN THE LABOR FORCE WITH THESE NEW AGREEMENTS.

So that you all understand, that BK didn't cause furloughs; was management's plan for labor to work more, harder for less wages and less personnel.

That's the plan.

May the lord watch over all of labor at U.

Got a phone call from a "Eurofriend" seems a certain European airline is "sniffing around." This particular airline has a vested interest in US Airways survival through the Star Alliance. What the implication and meaning of this "sniffing around" can only lead me to quess this is more than acquiring aircraft.

That's the plan.
May the lord watch over all of labor at U.
[post="178639"][/post]​
[/quote]

For the record: The Lord Watches Over HIS, whether union or nonunion matters not.

ua767fo said:
USA32OPILOT,

Denver,CO
name edited by moderator
[post="178632"][/post]​

ua767fo, ALPA national needs to step up here. The problem within US Airways' ALPA is two fold:

1.) You have a group of pilots that are negotiating on behalf of ALPA represented pilots.

2.) You have a group of pilots that are negotiationg on behalf of the company.

Do you see the problem? There are those following the rules and those that are trying to change the rules in the middle of the game. I agree, the stakes could not be higher.

EyeInTheSky said:
Got a phone call from a "Eurofriend" seems a certain European airline is "sniffing around." This particular airline has a vested interest in US Airways survival through the Star Alliance. What the implication and meaning of this "sniffing around" can only lead me to quess this is more than acquiring aircraft.
[post="178641"][/post]​
You mean Lufthansa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back