Alpa Negotiator Speaks Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
PineyBob said:
I'm at my wits end everytime you agree with me it's like guilt by association and I cringe.
[post="178692"][/post]​

As you should Piney !!!

You have meddled in other peoples business for far too long in my opinion.

All you have at stake is a choice of whom to fly with?...and a few FF miles that by your own admission can be rebuilt with another carrier.

Hopefully your need to switch won't be coming...but if it does? Who's business will you be minding beyond your own next? God help whatever board area you slide into next.

USA320,

Funny thing...Our AFA International advisors and attorneys never said that to us. I don't believe IAM advisors and attorneys told the IAM members this either.

Is this something new and created by ALPA International and assoc.? Is ALPA International in cohorts with the company mangement to keep securing dues dollars? Or is this something they told you knowing you would come on these boards and spread some fodder?

It’s my understanding, the company has sufficient liquidity to enter the formal reorganization and will meet the ATSB requirements by filing for bankruptcy and not paying the ALPA, AFA, and IAM pension payments.

ALPA attorney’s believe the company will file a S.1113(e) emergency motion to immediately set aside certain portions of each contract to obtain cash relief, which could include items like pay, retirement payments, benefit payments, and even out of seniority furloughs. The attorney’s believe this motion will be granted.

Then the statute requires the parties to enter into negotiations to obtain final agreements under S.1113 and S.1114 of the code. A hearing will then be scheduled for the court to rule on new the agreements or elect to impose a contract.

If a contract is imposed, then the union can accept the deal or strike. If a union does not accept the deal the company could then “lock outâ€￾ employees and use replacements workers.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

His post impies others will be furloughed out of seniority and not him. Others will feel the pain{IAM},Others with less seniority will be bumped{UAL} so more senior {him} pilots can fly their equipment after his UCT takes place. Always someone else getting the shaft , but he is only the messenger. OP Ed pieces dressing down fellow employees, but that is his First Amendment right to do so. Does anyone beside me see a pattern here? I hope so! Savy

USA320,

Tell management to BRING IT ON BROTHER!!! B)

If we go out on strike...there won't be a passenger on this big, green wide planet that will fly USAirways. You'll be able to take bookings by hand. LOL..... :lol:

Country wide will boycott this company starting with PA.

They'll have to hire a huge department just for media control damage.

PB--I sure dont want some dude I dont know holding me and my family hostage---just because he thinks I dont have a right to vote and he knows whats better for me---thats the drift I get coming from you. He might be the PIT rep but I'am sure he doesnt have the 100 % support of all his local folks---little touched in the head if he knows better for 3000 +---of course this is only my opinion. Two

TWo,

He has the support of the majority of PIT. That's all you need from your local.

I can tell you this, PIT AFA Pres conducted a scientific poll sent out by International to the membership for opeing the contract. Results: A resounding NO, even under BK threat.

The winter 2002 restruc. agreement FAILED in PIT with liquidation threat.

You will have an oportunity to vote on a proposal, rest assured. Just wasn't going to be the peice of $%%# the co. was jamming down your throats.

Whether the co. present proposal is an abrogation agreement or they proopose it in BK, its still abrogation.

Your members may vote "FOR" anything sent out by majority, but I can tell you...we send out the proposal the co. just gave us..AND IT WILL FAIL. Don't need to test those waters, we know from all the mailing we get.

The co. only offered you 60 days of 1113 protection. Why do you think that is?

Do you really believe if you had agreed collectively to some T/A or agreement out of BK, that it will stay that way in BK till amedable date? If so, I want alot of what you've been drinking.

I'm certain the company may furlough out of seniority if the judge finally sees it that way. But to say that the company will do it to rid themselves of troublesome reps and negotiating committee members is laughable. The company can't use that authority from the judge to pick and choose which which employees they can boot. And I doubt that they will choose which fleets to park just to get rid of a few targeted employees. Besides, it's a federal crime to target union employees for legal union activities. And given the cross section of the "troublemakers," they would have to park the 757/767/737/and A320 fleets to get the PIT and PHl reps and the NC chairman.

The company does have enough cash to operate without immediate DIP financing as was said. But what USA320 failed to mention in his ever so smug post is that the cash is the ATSB's cash. At the meeting I attended Friday, Glanzer made it quite clear that the ATSB will call the shots and may, or may not, allow USAirways to play out a Chapter 11 with their (the ATSB's) cash. (Or were you out in the lobby kissing up to the media when he said that?)

I will admit I am no CH11 expert. But if I understand what was written previously, that the company, when they go before the judge, will at that point ask for certain items of the contract to be throw out. A hearing will be scheduled sometime later. And during that time in between I have no choice but to work under the new imposed contract provisions?

If the company elects out of seniority furloughs they can pick and choose who they want to lay off. Furthermore, the creditors could care less whose “butt is in the seatâ€￾.

Separately, nobody truly knows what the ATSB will do and the company and its employees are entering uncharted waters. It’s my understanding the ATSB is willing to participate with the company and it's the government is requiring the union’s meet the cost cut targets because of fuel prices.

There is more to the story, but I cannot comment further.

The "hardliners" have been calling for "full pay to the last day" and the "concession stand is closed" and they got their wish. Now it's in the hands of the judge.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Well, if I need to go to the patch, so be it, but in this business anyone who even seems vaguely pleased or threatens about furloughing out of seniority, pretty much has deserved whatever might come his way. Like scabbing, it is taking advantage, or hoping to take advantage, of other peoples misfortune or resolve.

You may call that bashing, but I doubt many, if any, airline seniority employees would bat an eye.

This is your board, do what you wish, but like other have said, some people get a tremendous amount of latitude and is quickly defended by the Mods. Perhaps I should end my posts by saying respectfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts