ALPA Stock - 1 million shares

Fatherknowsbest

Advanced
Sep 19, 2003
I am told that the pilots were able to sell LCC stock today. Probable reason for stock price drop today - guess it was too good of a deal for them to pass on (hold the stock).

Did any other Union negotiate new LCC stock for their members?
CWA?
CWA FA?
IAM?
TWU?

Thanks!

While still in BK, the company told AFA that the investors would not permit any other group to choose stock over a reduced profit sharing that was in our contract agreement.

Instead of challenging the POR over the ability to choose stock over profit sharing, we exchanged this for 90 days more medical at active rate for a medical leave bringing this up to 9 months, as well as no sick charge of 30% for the first sick call of the year commencing on Jan. 2006.

Actually the stock price opened at 32.08 due to oil rising to 60 bbl in overnight trading.
Day's Range: 31.38 - 32.64
Volume: 1,124,400
Avg Vol (3mo.): 947,902

176,498 shares over the average were traded today.
Shares Outstanding: 81.63M

My guess is that not all pilots sold their shares today, and that 1.2 million shares are easily absorbed by the market and did not affect the stock price today. Rather, other factors, such as oil prices, consumer spending outlooks, and the performance of the transportation group stocks as a whole were the determining factors driving the stock price.

That being said: SOLD!

quick 9 grand for any pilot today all taxes paid doen't replace the pension but some of us haven't had a pension anyway (not bitter) just saying.

Be nice to of had 9 grand today in my pocket........

Actually the stock price opened at 32.08 due to oil rising to 60 bbl in overnight trading.
Day's Range: 31.38 - 32.64
Volume: 1,124,400
Avg Vol (3mo.): 947,902

176,498 shares over the average were traded today.
Shares Outstanding: 81.63M

My guess is that not all pilots sold their shares today, and that 1.2 million shares are easily absorbed by the market and did not affect the stock price today. Rather, other factors, such as oil prices, consumer spending outlooks, and the performance of the transportation group stocks as a whole were the determining factors driving the stock price.

That being said: SOLD!

Stock market overall..........down today so no big surprise.

Latest posts

Back