Alpa Update

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE

April 9, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, April 9th, with one new item.

At its special meeting in PIT today the MEC recalled by roll call vote Negotiating Committee Chairman Phil Carey and Vice Chairman Donn Butkovic.

By a resolution that mandated a roll call ballot, the MEC elected Doug Mowery as the new Negotiating Committee Chairman, Ted Schott as Vice Chairman, and Jack Greenhall of Mid Atlantic as a new member. The term of office for the new five man team (including prior members Gerry McGuckin and Note Taker Jeff Tokash) begins immediately.

This agenda item completed the business of the second special meeting. The meeting adjourned at approximately 6:00pm.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

PITbull said:
Doug Mowery as Chair of the Neg. Committee was the best move the ALPA MEC could have made. Adding a pilot from MAA was the second best decision. :up:
Yes, Pitbull, I agree. But a certain pilot has his knickers in a knot over this.
Prepare the boards , and let us brace ourselves for dire predictions that warn of UAIR's quick demise.

I heard that at the ALPA MEC meeting, General Electric Credit came to their meeting to present in person their "hog wash" on how it was important that concessions are made in order to secure financing for the RJs.

LOL... first it was managment telling us how important it was to give the $1 billion in concessions in summer of 2002 in order to prevent BK, and then we fly into Bk...

Then, in the Winter, it was Dr. Bronner saying if we didn't give concessions, then he was pulling HIS financing.....

Now, its GE getting in on the action to hammer labor.

This is damn unbelivable!!!!

So relieved to see that the ALPA 5 know this managment's MO. The rest of the ALPA MEC is just trying to protect thier own hides and place in this company.

God Bless the ALPA MEC 5!

Love ya, mean it! :p

willyloman said:
Yes, Pitbull, I agree. But a certain pilot has his knickers in a knot over this.
Prepare the boards , and let us brace ourselves for dire predictions that warn of UAIR's quick demise.
Get ready for several paragraphs of doom and gloom. We may also see another editorial in Charlotte! Savy

savyinvestor said:
Get ready for several paragraphs of doom and gloom. We may also see another editorial in Charlotte! Savy
Oh just hang on there folks.....a certain Captain will be spinning his ALPA's hard line stance into the fall and demise of the IAM and it's members. Then again , don't forget how the AFA is going to get "Me Too'ed" into the dark beyond. :rolleyes:

savyinvestor said:
I can tell you for fact the Charlotte Observer will NEVER EVER print an op-ed piece from a certain pilot.

700UW said:
I can tell you for fact the Charlotte Observer will NEVER EVER print an op-ed piece from a certain pilot.
Wheres the facts to back up your facts? Couls we see those please?

700UW:

700UW Said: "I can tell you for fact the Charlotte Observer will NEVER EVER print an op-ed piece from a certain pilot."

USA320Pilot comments: 700UW, you're wrong.

Regards,

USA320Pilot