Alpa Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
CBS MarketWatch wrote an article yesterday titled “Airlines target labor for more cost-cuts -- with survival at stake, both sides seek common ground.â€￾ In the article US Airways ALPA Communications Committee chairman Jack Stephen acknowledged the shortcomings in the company's latest quarterly (earnings) report. "We know the big picture. We're looking for some sustained profitability." US Airways is demanding $295 million in cuts from its pilots, which made some $4 billion in concessions through 2008 when the company was bankrupt. Both sides have swapped proposals within recent weeks and a tentative agreement might be reached soon, Stephan said.

Complete Story

Separately, I believe management is sincere about the benefits of its new business plan, which can transform the company into a profitable LCC/network carrier hybrid similar in scope to America West. Yesterday ALPA MEC chairman Bill Pollock recorded a chairman’s message, which can be heard at 800-FOR-ALPA (prompt 2). Pollock indicated the Grievance Committee has been very successful, the company has offered to change the current sick policy back to the old policy, and the company provided space positive travel to a pilot in need. These are all examples of a “changing cultureâ€￾ that I believe will rebuild trust, which bodes well for our future.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

You are not te be believed! While CWA and others will be put on foodstamps, you see a change in Company culture! You are the sorriest sun of a gun I have never met!

I will NEVER read another post from you!

Piney Bob, why is it that you are the only one on the boards (threads) that give out PM mesages?? I thought PM's were a private thing, yet you continue to tell the world. :shock:

4 replies and nothing about the ALPA Update which is the title of the thread. Please get back on topic. If you wish to continue any other discussion here, maybe you can try out that neat PM thingy ya'll been talking about! :p