America West Wins El Salvador/Guatemala exemptions

Jul 29, 2005
I saw this topic on aviationdaily.com but am not a subscriber. Are we going back to these countries from the West Coast you think? Anyone a subscriber to aviation.com know what this is about?

I think this was something being worked on pre-merger. Would be interesting to see if it is utilized now.

HP has been applying for all of US's authorities, so that it can codeshare on the US flights, so I wouldn't read much of anything into this. Wouldn't be surprised to see PHX-GUA or PHX-SAL, though, at some point in the future. (And US never dropped GUA, it just moved the service from FLL to CLT.)

Every one is looking East across the pond, but maybe its South where the company will expand more and continue to grow............ ?

They were talking about a Focus City in Tegulcigalpa or San Pedro Sula also.......shuttles to Managua,Panama,Havana Caracas......showing off the cheap laor, low fares and no service. :lol:

They were talking about a Focus City in Tegulcigalpa or San Pedro Sula also.......shuttles to Managua,Panama,Havana Caracas......showing off the cheap laor, low fares and no service. :lol:

Astro, welcome to my ignore list, you never have anything constructive or positive to say.

Just because some of us are proactive and positive doesn't make us kool aid drinkers. It's better than being negative all the time. Whining and complaining about everything is very draining. Negativity will breed like cancer!

Need i say more....check out this message i got from Asstro

Deleted By Moderator

**PM's are not subject to post in the public forums**

Can we get this topic back to AW/US getting El Salvador/guacamole exemptions. :)

Thanks

HP has been applying for all of US's authorities, so that it can codeshare on the US flights, so I wouldn't read much of anything into this. Wouldn't be surprised to see PHX-GUA or PHX-SAL, though, at some point in the future. (And US never dropped GUA, it just moved the service from FLL to CLT.)
ringmaruf, have you heard anything about the CLT-GUA flight? Just wondering how well it is performing operationally, load factor,etc.

ringmaruf, have you heard anything about the CLT-GUA flight? Just wondering how well it is performing operationally, load factor,etc.

No idea, you'd have to ask someone else.

I thought the FLL-GUA flight must've been doing pretty well, since it was upgraded from an A319 to an A320, but then they went and moved it to CLT, so I guess they thought it'd do better there. Or they're just morons, one or the other. ;)

Well if this move is to put codeshare numbers on the guatemala flights then they will have to adjust the schedule, because there is no way to go westbound to PHX at the time the flight returns to Charlotte. hopefully we will see a PHX based flight to GUA and SAL as the flights out of LAX run full and PHX would become the next closest hub for alternative flights.

Anyone who has ever gone to TACA check in at the bradley terminal knows exactly what I mean. :shock: :blink: :unsure:

I have never seen so many old abuelitas pack bags/duffels/boxes that weigh more than themselves. :lol:

Latest posts