American Airlines adding nonstop flight from Tulsa to New York City

How would adding just one flight, and directly tied to the NAA between JB and AA, have to do with triggering a recall? Unless you are being a bit sarcastic LuLu??
I also read the article this morning about the added 6 flights being added do to the agreement.

These won't be mainline flights, so this new service won't move the needle on flight thresholds. Shame, really. I'm sure you're right that there are people that would love to come back.

These won't be mainline flights, so this new service won't move the needle on flight thresholds. Shame, really. I'm sure you're right that there are people that would love to come back.
Could they be holding back from making mainline until approval gets walked thru? Maybe a temp move until approved?? IDK just thinking out loud.

Smart move, so not spend too much $$ at the start to test the waters. Makes sense.
There was an article in one of the Biz Journals about the CEO of American bragging of how much "better" the North Alliance is working over their expectations. Just another way of taunting the gov for an approval vote. Not a bad tactic, but definitely a strategic move in the media to get positive news out so quickly.
Maybe both Frontier and JetBlue will win out. Frontier by merging with Spirit and JB by getting approval of the Alliance, but I would still expect some sort of concessions, wouldn't you Kev.?

How would adding just one flight, and directly tied to the NAA between JB and AA, have to do with triggering a recall? Unless you are being a bit sarcastic LuLu??
I also read the article this morning about the added 6 flights being added do to the agreement.
There are contractual agreements that state if they have so many main flights a day they have to use "association" labor. Or at least there used to be. I am not sure how many main flights Tulsa has and was hoping adding this one would push it over that threshold. I'm not interested in going back myself but I know there are probably a lot of people that would be interested in a recall even 9+ years later. Unless they got rid of the 10 year recall rights. I am not sure what is in the new FS contract.

Last edited:
There are contractual agreements that state if they have so many main flights a day they have to use "association" labor. Or at least there used to be. I am not sure how many main flights Tulsa has and was hoping adding this one would push it over that threshold. I'm not interested in going back myself but I know there are probably a lot of people that would be interested in a recall even 9+ years later. Unless they got rid of the 10 year recall rights. I am not sure what is in the new FS contract.
I can guarantee you that AA knows what that threshold is. I wouldn't think they would add just one flight to trigger said threshold, but instead, they would get the best bang for the buck, and if one added flight did trigger said threshold I would imagine that AA would take full advantage and add as many as they could at once to get a better return on their investment of adding more flights to cover the manpower cost that would go with adding one or more flights that "trigger" that threshold.

It’s likely that you and many others never read the new contract regarding stations that were outsourced and not among the 45 stations recognized as in house staffed.

You will never be returning to AA unless you apply as a new hire somewhere else.

You should try BOS. They’re currently looking for 75 Part Time Ramp Agents. Good luck 🍀 with your application.

86BAD194-13A1-4B40-B4EF-02066839D957.jpeg

Will this cause a recall to those who lost their jobs at TUL and TULE. I am sure many people would like the opportunity to return to the airport.

Coming back one more time I double checked and the same exact language exists in both the Fleet Service and M&R Contracts. What that means is both TUL and TULE recall lists have been scrubbed and are no longer active.

Any Station opened or reopened now will go out to the system to be staffed by anyone who has the highest seniority.

F1FEDFCD-4B48-48F7-9728-AE77FB55A7A8.jpeg

Maybe AA is using this route to get aircraft to and from Tulsa for heavies or other maintenance checks.
It's a RJ, so no...

Surprised AA can manage to add RJ routes with the shortage of pilots at the AA* carriers.