American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company is lying, the ASSociation is lying.
The Association does not want to bring an inferior contract to be voted on OK.
The company states it is an ILC contract comparing to Delta and UA OK

Reduce the number of jobs on the seniority list by thousands and thousands. ASSociation explain in detail.

Eliminate bridge to retiree medical for all members and retirees left to fend for themselves.
Company says otherwise (We have proposed a cash out of your accrued sick leave, which could be used for retiree medical, to bridge to retirement, or however you so choose)
Association should request this buyout at our current/future wages including all licenses and premiums

No annual industry wage comparison reset company says otherwise (We are following the new Southwest Tentative Agreement. Delta has traditionally announced wage scale increases for their non-union employees, such as Maintenance and Fleet Service employees, in April, so we will be watching that as well. Association explain that.

Abolish the defined benefit pension plan. Replace with 5% defined contribution plan with a 4% match Association explain this one in detail to us members.

I am not on the companies side but our ASSociation lacks being truthfull with its members.
The company points as they presented them look much better than what the Association has stated. No surprise there. I wonder about this language for scope that the company did not include in their remarks. Mostly looked like the IAM people would get cut down to the LAA peoples deal. Frankly, I'd like to see an Association statement on what the company just put out.

I`m all for all work groups ge

Now that graphic would be entertaining in the comments on jetnet. Whats is the over/under on how long it would stay up?

I have to give them some credit on the Jetnet comment section. They don’t really censor much. Only what might really go beyond the limit of normal tolerance.

I have to give them some credit on the Jetnet comment section. They don’t really censor much. Only what might really go beyond the limit of normal tolerance.

IDK about that. I got censored and a slap on the wrist for posting Alaska Airlines profit sharing info.

Weez im reading on bookface that there is a special meetkng on DCA with senior management any truth to that

I don’t know if it’s Senior Management but the Company confirmed they can attend a meeting in DC for the first week of April in their Sunday posting. And I also don’t any details about it.

No I get it 27 years of concessions the twu has failed
IM A YES VOTE
You can get them next time
Lower your expectations.....

You can vote any way you’d like of course once our Negotiators accept an offer from the Company to send out or reach the point where they feel we need to make the decision on the next move.

You see my signature at the bottom. I just go on what that man said.

IDK about that. I got censored and a slap on the wrist for posting Alaska Airlines profit sharing info.

Wow really. If they did that to you the pressure must be getting to them?

“You cut him, he’s hurt. You see he’s not a machine, he’s a man”

Still waiting
Business as usual
The TWU will save us from ourselves
Same old story 27 years the same BS...
Round and round it goes
Overpaid unelected ATD got to love it....

Still waiting
Business as usual
The TWU will save us from ourselves
Same old story 27 years the same BS...
Round and round it goes
Overpaid unelected ATD got to love it....

Don’t worry. You’ll get your buyout package soon enough.

Don’t worry. You’ll get your buyout package soon enough.
Im.hearng so many LAA people are taking the buy out their outta here do youiguys have a bridged medical somewhere in your contract cause i think theres going to be rude awakening when they see the cost of medical

Last edited:
Im.hereing so many LAA people are taking the buy out their outta here do youiguys have a bridged medical somewhere in your contract cause i think theres going to be rude awakening when they see the cost of medical

Currently no we don’t have a bridge Medical Al. Remember we were prefunding for Retiree Medical and that was something that the Company took from us in the Courts.

Anyway the buyout money will have to be used for those individuals who need Medical unless we do gain a bridge gap at least similar to what already exists out there in other Airline contracts.

Currently no we don’t have a bridge Medical Al. Remember we were prefunding for Retiree Medical and that was something that the Company took from us in the Courts.

Anyway the buyout money will have to be used for those individuals who need Medical unless we do gain a bridge gap at least similar to what already exists out there in other Airline contracts.
What Cobra??

The company points as they presented them look much better than what the Association has stated. No surprise there. I wonder about this language for scope that the company did not include in their remarks. Mostly looked like the IAM people would get cut down to the LAA peoples deal. Frankly, I'd like to see an Association statement on what the company just put out.
the company did include a pretty strong scope clause in its update. It said "exclusive work in 40 stations".
Thats what I saw in the proposal myself. Weez and his handlers are saying the exact opposite, ie., that the company wants to contract out all bagroom and running work.
Both cant be true. Either the company is lying or the union.
Exclusive work is not compatible with contracting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back