American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the IAM union brothers and sisters should sue the International for false representation and holding the members hostage. Give the contract out for a vote. If it passed so be it!
They should sue them for FTR (Failure To Represent). And they should full bore run the AMFA card drive, fire them, and get AMFA to represent the mechanics and the TWU can have the rest.
And remembers guys all mechanics fall under AMFA including GSE/facilities/plant maint., even the junior mechanics or mechanics helpers would fall into AMFA.

Peterson used his position and Local to build leverage to get a big intl job.
It worked.
Now, we learn yesterday that the NMB has no intentions, at this time, to schedule any future dates. In simplest terms, its now over.

Not sure why the Arse continues to lie and say more dates are being worked on. Its not.
My understanding is that the company is completely finished with the madness. Scope for mx and fleet was apparently already agreed to but facilities was left out. The union simply wont sign or allow a vote even though the whole damn proposals are almost totally agreed.
It was reported that the union is concerned about the lawsuit, and wants the company to settle it, and thus it seems fairly obvious that the main hangup is an informal quid pro quo that must include a drop of the court case. Peterson claims this is not true but you all can believe this hearsay or Petersons agenda.
Regardless, my understanding is that the company believes it has the case locked up and will be using the arse as an example for the pilots and stews. Peterson and others dispute this and say this is a lie and that the company isnt concerned about the pilots according to all the bs reports.
Bottom line, the company doesnt want to go soft on the case because it doesnt want the thought of a slowdown to enter the mind of pilots.
Consider all of the above hearsay but i personally believe its moztly true and that only 2 things can change this madness.
1. Amfa election
2. Expedited court case.

Otherwise, im not interested in any more dopey repeating updates from the arse.

We need to all find a way to remove the Ass, and vote for separate groups.
The NMB and the AFLCIO are totally to blame here and the company is also complicit in this knowing full well this was how this would go. We are being screwed over on both sides and it’s time to find some good lawyers and remove this BS
It’s time to make sure we are heard no matter what it takes

NMB decision.
Wrong! The NMB had no jurisdiction over the asso being formed or forced upon the membership. Myself and other AA mechs have called the NMB and were told this from the get go by the Lead Supervisor in the NMB. It was NOT an NMB ruling. What it was, was a total lie that there would be a vote and then all of a sudden the asso/TWU and IAM filed with the NMB and the NMB simply certified them. No ruling by the NMB and all parties involved knew this from the start. It was a scam from the very start to keep AMFA out and the co was in on it too...

I'm hearing from my union rep on the floor is that we have medical, scope and title 2 still to deal with. The title 2 issue is to get rid of them over time. Medical might be over the IAM medical or TWU medical caps or both. Some ends to tie up on pensions and overtime. The frustration is lack of solid detailed information. It seems bits and pieces are intentionally being released. So we can only take what we know and speculate. Not good.
The lawsuit issue keeps being pushed by the association and the company doesn't want to discuss it during negotiations. The association is concerned about the monetary issues of the lawsuit and fines. This is irrelevant to negotiations and the association won't let it go. All three groups have to have a complete agreement in place before anyone can vote on a T/A. This holds one group hostage over the others. Not good. Next week the official start of the holiday season and not much will be done until 2020. Unless both sides decide to continue to negotiate through the rest of the year I don't see anything to be excited about in regards to a JCBA vote. Again information is very limited and speculative at this point.
Unfortunately nothing can be done by the membership to change this.
We are held hostage by our own unions. I suggest hammer your union officers that are closest to the negotiations. Floor talk is rumor and speculation at best. So sad that we pay these clowns over $1,000 a year per member for this treatment.

Wrong! The NMB had no jurisdiction over the asso being formed or forced upon the membership. Myself and other AA mechs have called the NMB and were told this from the get go by the Lead Supervisor in the NMB. It was NOT an NMB ruling. What it was, was a total lie that there would be a vote and then all of a sudden the asso/TWU and IAM filed with the NMB and the NMB simply certified them. No ruling by the NMB and all parties involved knew this from the start. It was a scam from the very start to keep AMFA out and the co was in on it too...
You mean question #5 was a lie?
How shocking!!

I'm hearing from my union rep on the floor is that we have medical, scope and title 2 still to deal with. The title 2 issue is to get rid of them over time. Medical might be over the IAM medical or TWU medical caps or both. Some ends to tie up on pensions and overtime. The frustration is lack of solid detailed information. It seems bits and pieces are intentionally being released. So we can only take what we know and speculate. Not good.
The lawsuit issue keeps being pushed by the association and the company doesn't want to discuss it during negotiations. The association is concerned about the monetary issues of the lawsuit and fines. This is irrelevant to negotiations and the association won't let it go. All three groups have to have a complete agreement in place before anyone can vote on a T/A. This holds one group hostage over the others. Not good. Next week the official start of the holiday season and not much will be done until 2020. Unless both sides decide to continue to negotiate through the rest of the year I don't see anything to be excited about in regards to a JCBA vote. Again information is very limited and speculative at this point.
We are held hostage by our own unions. I suggest hammer your union officers that are closest to the negotiations. Floor talk is rumor and speculation at best. So sad that we pay these clowns over $1,000 a year per member for this treatment.
Yes. It appears the details are starting to get released due to the card drive picking up with AMFA.
It also appears that not only are they holding groups hostage by other groups, it is obvious they are now holding the contract hostage by trying to get rid of the lawsuits first. You see, the asso wants the suits dropped before agreeing to a new contract so that they know it's dropped. They don't want to agree to a contract and then have nothing for leverage against the co., BUT the co. does not care to drop the suits. If they keep this crap up it will go longer than ours did 7 years plus.
Time to step up ladies and gentlemen. get rid of this pathetic asso. and get a C&C mechanics union in there. Good luck to all...

All of this is total BS we are being completely misrepresented and to say we have to just sit here and take it is BS
It takes Organization but we need to throw these guys out on the streets.
This BS needs to go public big time.
They are screwing with our livelihood I’m sick of hearing we just have to wait this out. Screw that it’s time for action

Yes. It appears the details are starting to get released due to the card drive picking up with AMFA.
It also appears that not only are they holding groups hostage by other groups, it is obvious they are now holding the contract hostage by trying to get rid of the lawsuits first. You see, the asso wants the suits dropped before agreeing to a new contract so that they know it's dropped. They don't want to agree to a contract and then have nothing for leverage against the co., BUT the co. does not care to drop the suits. If they keep this crap up it will go longer than ours did 7 years plus.
Time to step up ladies and gentlemen. get rid of this pathetic asso. and get a C&C mechanics union in there. Good luck to all...
What card drive? Must be one of those drives again where group A at station A are pissed and group B at station B are not interested. Here we go again.

All of this is total BS we are being completely misrepresented and to say we have to just sit here and take it is BS
It takes Organization but we need to throw these guys out on the streets.
This BS needs to go public big time.
They are screwing with our livelihood I’m sick of hearing we just have to wait this out. Screw that it’s time for action
Uhhh, we tried many times to make a change and throw these bums out. Guess what? Our own membership continues to screw the membership over and over. First it's Tulsa. Then it's the line stations. Then it's title 2. Then it's the IAM side. Then its line versus overhaul. It never stops.
No unity. Then come the stupid excuses not to sign. I don't have enough time to list them. Trust me they are real duesies.

NMB decision.
That is BS and you know it! I realized a long time ago the Union's (leaderships not members) support the Dems with our $ is not because they have consistently supported legislation that helps union members, its because they consistently support the Unions by help keeping their memberships inline. This decision was a classic example.

NMB decision.
wrong. it was collusion by the iam and the twu to use a little known rule using the membership dues checkoff cards signed when used when hired on as a sign of interest in the association. perfectly deceivingly legal. a rule jim little was PROBABLY not aware of or he never would have promised a vote.

Last edited:
That is BS and you know it! I realized a long time ago the Union's (leaderships not members) support the Dems with our $ is not because they have consistently supported legislation that helps union members, its because they consistently support the Unions by help keeping their memberships inline. This decision was a classic example.

You have the perfect avatar.

It’s against the law to give union dues to candidates or parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back