American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering what the thoughts are on this? This was an update that my Local President put out on Thursday with this disclaimer attached.

A38D70BE-4D43-45E0-86D0-B29A81487370.png

You are basing all of that monetary gain on TOP OUT wages. The numbers aren’t the same throughout the pay scale.
Not EVERYONE is topped out.
The medical cost IS FOR EVERYONE!!! It is NOT BASED ON HOURLY WAGE.
Speaking of DELTA +3%......
The company is offering that at DOS...their offer is NOT to keep us at Top of Industry throughout the agreement...How long do you think it will take before the NC would hear...” We are getting paid less than UA or Less than DELTA” if we don’t secure language to prevent that?
The Association proposal is to be at TOS on DOS AND KEEP US THERE THROUGHOUT.
The 401k is 5%....not 9%. The other 4% only comes if the employee contributes their own 4%
How many agents that are not topped out can afford to put in an extra 4 % of their pay with increases to their medical of up to $6,564.00 more per year?
The extra week of vacation WOULD NOT be for EVERYONE either. Just for those with the years of service to get 6 weeks.
T FORG DO NOET the issue of the company wanting to ELIMINATE between 5,000-7,000 association related JOBS!!
Please tell me THE PRICE YOU PUT ON THAT!!!!!!!
Not to mention the outstanding issue of PROFIT SHARING!
Now tell me what sense it makes.

Quote"
"Not EVERYONE is topped out."

The overwhelming majority of AMT's have 25 years or more of seniority . Look at the System wide Javits Combined List.
Herein lies one of the problems with different works groups lumped together

Guess what, We ALL have been paying the high Health Care Cost at LAA for at least 20 years or longer when we all were making a lot less money.
No sympathy here.Go cry on somebody else's shoulder.

Quote:
"T FORG DO NOET the issue of the company wanting to ELIMINATE between 5,000-7,000 association related JOBS!!"

Guess what, We have Already lost that many TWU jobs at TULE the last 15 years and continue to lose Title 1 JOBS EVERY MONTH at TULE WITHOUT A JCBA. TELL ME THE PRICE YOU PUT ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go cry somewhere else.

Profit Sharing will become a moog point when AAL stops making a profit. They can easily cook the books and show losses when all the debt and pension payments come due at the same time.

Quote"
"Not EVERYONE is topped out."

The overwhelming majority of AMT's have 25 years or more of seniority . Look at the System wide Javits Combined List.
Herein lies one of the problems with different works groups lumped together

Guess what, We ALL have been paying the high Health Care Cost at LAA for at least 20 years or longer when we all were making a lot less money.
No sympathy here.Go cry on somebody else's shoulder.

Quote:
"T FORG DO NOET the issue of the company wanting to ELIMINATE between 5,000-7,000 association related JOBS!!"

Guess what, We have Already lost that many TWU jobs at TULE the last 15 years and continue to lose Title 1 JOBS EVERY MONTH at TULE WITHOUT A JCBA. TELL ME THE PRICE YOU PUT ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go cry somewhere else.

Profit Sharing will become a moog point when AAL stops making a profit. They can easily cook the books and show losses when all the debt and pension payments come due at the same time.
Crying???? Lol...please stop ....you should re read your own post and take a good long look at who is crying.
There are fleet And Mtc in the association and neither group is moving fwd without the other.....whether you like it or not. Losing MORE jobs.... IF YOU CARED ABOUT LOSING THE PAST ONES YOU WOULD CARE NOW!! ( obviously you are senior enough that you just don’t give a damn )
Paying the higher cost....why should you continue to pay it?
Profit sharing is an important piece to many....
( personally I’d be ok if we got extra in our wage, but not a deal breaker for me either way)
Again.....not ME crying............but someone is.
I think I just Figured out how you got the name...RUSTY!

Crying???? Lol...please stop ....you should re read your own post and take a good long look at who is crying.
There are fleet And Mtc in the association and neither group is moving fwd without the other.....whether you like it or not. Losing MORE jobs.... IF YOU CARED ABOUT LOSING THE PAST ONES YOU WOULD CARE NOW!! ( obviously you are senior enough that you just don’t give a damn )
Paying the higher cost....why should you continue to pay it?
Profit sharing is an important piece to many....
( personally I’d be ok if we got extra in our wage, but not a deal breaker for me either way)
Again.....not ME crying............but someone is.
I think I just Figured out how you got the name...RUSTY!

Company plant came onboard on May 21, 2018. He’s been trying to scare us to death since the second he joined.

Company plant came onboard on May 21, 2018. He’s been trying to scare us to death since the second he joined.
I doubt hes a plant and hes not scaring anyone with that bankruptcy foolishness
Company's buy back their own stock when they have more money than they know what to do with

You know I'm LUS but I picked up how concerned the people in TUL are about their jobs,I could imagine the breakroom Rusty is just one of them he doesn't see the huge amount of people the company is hiring probably sees nothing positive although I think TUL is a lot more secure than it was 5 years ago

I doubt the company would use resourses to try to sway the 10 or so people on here.10 opinionated people at that
10 people, you're IAM , so if the mechanics do a card drive, minus the IAM guys, throw in the Tulsa TWU, that's 4 votes for AMFA, Weazzz!!!! :)

10 people, you're IAM , so if the mechanics do a card drive, minus the IAM guys, throw in the Tulsa TWU, that's 4 votes for AMFA, Weazzz!!!! :)
The people who post are probably more outspoken than the majority who sit in the breakroom and would want to keep status quo especially if they got a pretty good contract...my opinion of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back