American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim you hear that our dues won't go up until we get a raise.Who is going to pay for CBs raise until then?
Just another lie by GVP/700. Dues just went up last month. He is a liar. Charlie's raise will be billed in January of next year. It will represent a $3 monthly dues increase, in January 2020 for all DL141 members, on that raise alone.

Vort I’m not knocking what you want but I just need to ask this. Should the guys maybe back in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s thought the same way and then maybe AA would only have a handful of line Maintenance jobs and that’s it?

If our past peers had thought the same way maybe we wouldn’t be working here ourselves today? Besides isn’t 2200 in the Bases just an awful lot of jobs to chuck in the can?

Again I’m not knocking what you want cause you’ve been here long enough to have earned the right to your opinion. I’m just wondering if you’ve ever thought about it from the angle I think of it sometimes?
The guys in the 50s would have fired you off of the sausage truck and your company handlers. This isn't about the 1950s, it's about us. Maybe you and the IAM/TWU should have thought about things instead of going for the cash grab.
You said repeatedly that a contract is more than just money and that we should focus on a JCBA. However, your handlers did the opposite and threw all leverage under the bus by going for the wages only to boost your TWU dues. Cashed in our merger leverage.
Thanks Weez. Sheesh!

I guess I’m the only mechanic that wants a contract. I’m just concerned with people that don’t work at AA.
We ought to be concerned about the unborn if we had leverage. But we don't. They gave it all away by going for the cash only. This union is worried about future headcount and dues. But the unborn don't pay the dues, we do.

Wow! You guys really don't have a clue what's going on at the table do you?? Pathetic how in the dark you guys are left. just wait for T/A day. Sad, very sad indeed...

Why not. $13,000 is what the FTE will get in the cost positive final offer that the company put on the table.
You are so wrong! That alleged POS public offering amounts to about $3/hr pay CUT to me for to the rise in medical insurance costs. The added benefits of the new TA won't come close to making up the difference!

You are so wrong! That alleged POS public offering amounts to about $3/hr pay CUT to me for to the rise in medical insurance costs. The added benefits of the new TA won't come close to making up the difference!
for only a few hundred lus, its $6400. Thats $3. But the wages are going up $2. The retirement is going up $1.25. So you are up a bit + true double time (fte avg $2,000) extra 5 days vacation ($1400), 3 extra holidays ($750+), 3 extra sick days ($750+), shift diffee (fte 500), lead pay (FTE $300), overtime bypass ($150), Pay if you are suspended (wasnt given this cost out), profit sharing $750. Presently this is non contract), no displacement (priceless).
So you are up about $14,000 - $6500 or up about $7,000 if you are FT on 100% family (less than 500 of you).
Other lus like me would be up $12,000. TWU peeps would push $20,000.
So,all of us are being asked to forego one pay raiss and another pay raise this year for Baskett and he is asking us to fight for future headcount or future dues as his package is well over $250,000.

Are you an absolute moron?

for only a few hundred lus, its $6400. Thats $3. But the wages are going up $2. The retirement is going up $1.25. So you are up a bit + true double time (fte avg $2,000) extra 5 days vacation ($1400), 3 extra holidays ($750+), 3 extra sick days ($750+), shift diffee (fte 500), lead pay (FTE $300), overtime bypass ($150), Pay if you are suspended (wasnt given this cost out), profit sharing $750. Presently this is non contract), no displacement (priceless).
So you are up about $14,000 - $6500 or up about $7,000 if you are FT on 100% family (less than 500 of you).
Other lus like me would be up $12,000. TWU peeps would push $20,000.
So,all of us are being asked to forego one pay raiss and another pay raise this year for Baskett and he is asking us to fight for future headcount or future dues as his package is well over $250,000.

Are you an absolute moron?
Proof?

Tim you hear that our dues won't go up until we get a raise.Who is going to pay for CBs raise until then?
Just because topped out people don’t get a raise doesn’t mean the weighted hourly wage doesn’t go up, when members in your local go to the next step in pay progression, it increases the weighted hourly wage.

All these things have been presented by the company after your handlers were lying. The company did a video explaining everything. The overtime bypass was already agreed to as our AGC told all of us in the breakroom along with shift differ, paid terminations. But you can watch the company video on the offer they presented. Just because Sito and your handlers refused to show you an offer but instead build a narrative that everyone is going to lose their job so they can stall talks for future headcount doesn't mean the offer wasn't presented.

Actually, I'm losing about $12,000 a year by the fake narrative that the company wants all of our jobs "When and Where" directed just to stall for future headcounts. But TWU fleet are losing up to $20,000 a year for this fake narrative to stall for future headcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back