American Airlines, CLT detail growth plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/06/02/4950389/american-airlines-clt-detail-growth.html#.U4z-oih_391

Terri Pope, American’s vice president for Charlotte Douglas, said the airport will remain a major hub. Details such as the international route structure are still being decided.

“Charlotte will absolutely remain a huge piece of American’s future,” said Pope. “What that looks like, we’re still planning for.”
US Airways and American Airlines merged in December. Charlotte Douglas is the combined carrier’s second-busiest hub, with about 650 daily flights – more than 90 percent of the airport’s total.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/06/02/4950389/american-airlines-clt-detail-growth.html#.U4z8yi8owY4#storylink=cpy

All hot air, there will be changes to the network. CLT will focus less international and more regional jets for connections.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
And how did I know you be the first to post and say negative things.  Stalking again? lol

Thats why they are building a new DOMESTIC Terminal for Mainline Jets, not RJs.

Charlotte Douglas officials said they plan to forge ahead with the airport’s $1.5 billion, five-year expansion plan, while maintaining a strong credit rating.

“Growth strategy is based on demand,” said Interim Aviation Director Brent Cagle. “That is absolutely the key for us.”
The airport plans to finish its new hourly and business valet parking decks, a new baggage system, entrance roads and an expansion of the west side of the terminal soon. Then, the airport will start projects such as its $30 million terminal remodeling, building more gates and expanding the road in front of the terminal to eight lanes.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/06/02/4950389/american-airlines-clt-detail-growth.html#storylink=cpy

TrollSpray.jpg

We all know AA wants a NC hub.  They all but rebuilt the RDU airport to make that happen, including a new terminal and runway.  The only thing that kept their NC hub from being successful was the competitor's hub in CLT.  Now, the get to live their dream.

nycbusdriver said:
We all know AA wants a NC hub.  They all but rebuilt the RDU airport to make that happen, including a new terminal and runway.  The only thing that kept their NC hub from being successful was the competitor's hub in CLT.  Now, the get to live their dream.
Until flights are cut and moved to MIA

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
nycbusdriver said:
RDU was killed by Miami and Nashville being so close. I expect the same demise but not as bad for Charlotte. Time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
dont bet on flights cuts at CLT to be moved to MIA.   CLT is ripe for growth. 

Ripe for domestic and regional growth, not international flying.  MIA is a far more sensible gateway. I mean seriously why would anyone want to travel through Charlotte?  Only been for meetings and I wasn't impressed.  Before the AA partnership ended I flew jetBlue and their D gates were dumpy, as is the rest of the airport. Most of the people with finance jobs in Charlotte wouldn't last in BOS or NYC, that is why they work in the laid back (and lower paid) south, which are mostly back office jobs.  The key decision makers for BofA are at 1 Federal St. Boston, and even Bryan Moynihan commutes to CLT from Wellesley.  

Josh

bos is not exactly lilly white either  and if youre a pax traveling sav to say lhr  why would they want to fly south to mia to travel up north then off the coast when they cld fly sav-clt/phl then over the water...    clt is not as dumpy as you claim.   ive been there a few times and its been the cleanest  esp compared to mia

737823 said:

Ripe for domestic and regional growth, not international flying.  MIA is a far more sensible gateway. I mean seriously why would anyone want to travel through Charlotte?  Only been for meetings and I wasn't impressed.  Before the AA partnership ended I flew jetBlue and their D gates were dumpy, as is the rest of the airport. Most of the people with finance jobs in Charlotte wouldn't last in BOS or NYC, that is why they work in the laid back (and lower paid) south, which are mostly back office jobs.  The key decision makers for BofA are at 1 Federal St. Boston, and even Bryan Moynihan commutes to CLT from Wellesley.  

Josh

The D Terminal in CLT is quite nice.  Modern and spacious.  

Please keep your seeing eye dog from pooping in the aisles when you travel.  It stinks.

Reactions: 3 people
nycbusdriver said:
The D Terminal in CLT is quite nice.  Modern and spacious.  

Please keep your seeing eye dog from pooping in the aisles when you travel.  It stinks.
Not compared to MIA.

Josh

737823 said:

Josh
TrollSpray.jpg

737823 said:
Until flights are cut and moved to MIA
Josh
That's right it makes perfect sense to fly from RIC to MIA to get to BNA

Your logic is so flawed it's sad

Let's see CLT is 600+ flights per day and MIA is 300+ so there is no comparison

I realize ecomincs is over your head based upon CLT being the most profitable hub in the combined network

Status
Not open for further replies.