American Eagle For Sale

It doesn't matter what the share price is right now -- under the terms of the PUP, they get paid based on the three year total shareholder return.

Here's how the comparison group stands:

Code:
Symbol	 Jan 2005   29-Nov	  3-year   Rank
CAL		13.75	  27.16	   198%	 1
AMR		11.65	  20.91	   179%	 2
JBLU	   15.56	  6.81		 44%	 3
LUV		16.34	  13.35		82%	 4
NWAC	   --Delisted--			 0%	 5T
DAL		--Delisted--				0%	 5T

AMR could drop back to $12 a share and still be the second best value in the comparison group, so the timing of this announcement is irrelevant.

And yes, the whole methodology of the total shareholder return metric sucks. They'll get payouts again in 2008.

A bankruptcy AA insisted upon. As the president of TWA stated, "it wasen't my idea." TWA was not in bankruptcy and was not threatened in the near future. And who are you to tell others to shut up, playing GOD again?
TWA was going to file bankruptcy regardless due to the fact that it was OUT OF CASH, the bankruptcy judge even said as much. It was well established that TWA had only 1 or 2 days worth of cash to continue operations. If TWA's last bankruptcy filing was not necessary, then why wasn't there any complaints or lawsuits filed by the shareholders? Face it, TWA was DEAD, D-E-A-D, DEAD; so there is no way you can justify your wife (and other TWAers) going to the top of a seniority list to get the best trips.

Guys, quit beating the TWA horse. It's dead. Take it up in PM's already. Or open up another thread.

Try to keep this one focused on the spin of Eagle....

Guys, quit beating the TWA horse. It's dead. Take it up in PM's already. Or open up another thread.

Try to keep this one focused on the spin of Eagle....
I agree. But once again, an ex-TWA person takes a thread off track by wishing ill will on AA employees (see post #3).

As far as Eagle goes, I think divestiture is a mistake. Sure, AA can go with the lowest bidder, but you get what you pay for. In my opinion, AMR and AA will be better off in the long run if Eagle is kept in house.

I agree. But once again, an ex-TWA person takes a thread off track by wishing ill will on AA employees (see post #3).

As far as Eagle goes, I think divestiture is a mistake. Sure, AA can go with the lowest bidder, but you get what you pay for. In my opinion, AMR and AA will be better off in the long run if Eagle is kept in house.
I think it will remain in house and this is all talk.... Kind of sounds like the talk about UAL and DAL merging...that fizzeled out.. maybe this will too...

I am watching, and listening.. But why oh why, would anyone want to farm out more flying on a 170 - 175, to a regional.. Hopefully if they do get the 170 it is done in mainline scope, and they don't allow it to be farmed out like US and UAL and NWA and DAL... I smell something fishy going on though.. This timing is right at negotiation time and there was a very different tune not so long ago when this was being pondered..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And just when I was very close to Giving up TOTALLY on you, ...beauty, you SUBCONCIOUSLY are starting to GET IT.
Meaning,

When you say...."I smell something fishy..going on here"

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AMERICAN AIRLINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't doubt for a NY minute that "something" is "afoot" !(meaning the A/E thing)

AA has had(for a long time) a flair for the DRAMATIC.

But here's the RUB(as it pertains to AA) for NON-AAers. They should be named Houdini Airlines, because of the "gloomy situations" that they ESCAPE from.

But don't take my word for it beauty, ask an ol' timer that you DO trust, and they'll confirm what I've said..................................Most likely starting with the "event" with CRANDALL/BRANIFF, and CEO Harding Lawerence.

Some people are born with a SILVER SPOON in their mouth, AA has HAD(still HAS) a HORSESHOE up it A$$.

TWA was going to file bankruptcy regardless due to the fact that it was OUT OF CASH, the bankruptcy judge even said as much. It was well established that TWA had only 1 or 2 days worth of cash to continue operations. If TWA's last bankruptcy filing was not necessary, then why wasn't there any complaints or lawsuits filed by the shareholders? Face it, TWA was DEAD, D-E-A-D, DEAD; so there is no way you can justify your wife (and other TWAers) going to the top of a seniority list to get the best trips.

Sorry, your post is just a lot of hot air without substance. TWA had $150 million cash on Jan 10. You make things up to suite your narrow hateful view of things. Where does your bitterness come from? What do you care what my wife's wishes are? I never said anything about my wife's wishes. My wife has never posted here. I think your post is slanderous, abusive and threatening. Why would AA have any desire to want someone like you as an employee? Maybe you should leave AA as surely you cannot contribute anything to AA with your hateful attitude. Why not see if they can offer you some counseling?

Can we ever again have a thread and discuss ANYTHING on this AA forum that doesn't devolve into a AA/TWA merger/acquisition rant? What has the future of AE to do with that.

There are posters who take any possible opening to pull the scab off of this sore. I urge the Moderators of this board to tell them to Cool It!

I'm surprised AMR has not played the "EAGLE" card sooner. So they spin AMR off and they free themselves of the pilot SCOPE clause. They also free themselves of the TWU 6% flight cap clause.

What does this mean?

This means Eagle will be free to fly whatever size aircraft they can and however many flights they wish to operate. You can essentially see Eagle begin to fly more and more of AA's domestic routes as an already established low cost carrier. This will reduce the need for AA mainline employees as more of the operation will be shifted to Eagle.

This should be of great concern to all of us and not just seen as a smart corporate move on the company's part.

I'm surprised AMR has not played the "EAGLE" card sooner. So they spin AMR off and they free themselves of the pilot SCOPE clause. They also free themselves of the TWU 6% flight cap clause.

What does this mean?

This means Eagle will be free to fly whatever size aircraft they can and however many flights they wish to operate. You can essentially see Eagle begin to fly more and more of AA's domestic routes as an already established low cost carrier. This will reduce the need for AA mainline employees as more of the operation will be shifted to Eagle.

This should be of great concern to all of us and not just seen as a smart corporate move on the company's part.

If it's to our detriment, you can bet your sweet posterior Jimmy Little will agree to it.

If it's to our detriment, you can bet your sweet posterior Jimmy Little will agree to it.

Of course he will.. And this could very well be a "threat" for all unions and their ongoing negotiations that we should get ready to fold like a cheap suit.

What does this mean?

This means Eagle will be free to fly whatever size aircraft they can and however many flights they wish to operate. You can essentially see Eagle begin to fly more and more of AA's domestic routes as an already established low cost carrier.

I believe you are correct in your assessment and this would be an excellent move on the part of management....
If and only if they manage to accomplish the spin off or what ever else you call it, while maintaining control of Eagle somehow.
If they do not retain control this would be a really dumb idea.
Would this be good for the employees either way?
Probably not,but who the heck cares about the employees at AA anyway?

I believe you are correct in your assessment and this would be an excellent move on the part of management....
If and only if they manage to accomplish the spin off or what ever else you call it, while maintaining control of Eagle somehow.
If they do not retain control this would be a really dumb idea.
Would this be good for the employees either way?
Probably not,but who the heck cares about the employees at AA anyway?

Even as hard-assed as Crandall was, he realized one couldn't run a company while at war with the employees.

Arpey hasn't figured that out - yet.

What does this mean?

Eagle cannot fly any larger aircraft than 50 seats other than the 25 70 seat CRJ's currently in the fleet. Unless they are hired to feed another major air carrier, and most other major carriers have their large RJ operators locked in. AA pilot scope will not allow any other larger jets.