American Eagle Stanby At The Airport

jetdryvr said:
The peety bickering does not help.
[post="231966"][/post]​

Ok, I didn't realize that assaulting someone because you don't like them was classified as petty bickering. Must be a more robust union ethos over at AE ALPA. I guess the flowback pilots started it in the first place by exercising their contractural flowback priveleges.

I did not say anything about the Flowback exercising his or her right. I have no problem with that. The agreement is what it is. What I said is that you assumed that the AE pilot started any conflict and that the flowback had to of course be innocent. well That may not be the case. While some AE pilots may have acted wrong in some of the conflicts we have also had as many issues with flowbacks also being the aggressor and not acting professional. You have always had a very distorted view of AE and will always have one but do not make false statements that you can not back up. AE pilots have taken the brunt of the screwups with the flowback agreement. We also ended up with TWA pilots back here that did not provide any slots for AE pilots going up nor where they here when the letter was signed. We have seen APA violate the agreement by making multiple calls to guys even guys who have passed on the opportunity to flowback when the agreement does not allow for this. The letter waas poorly written lop sided and should have never been signed.

Jetdryvr

I don't know any details or even if said 'assaults' even happened. I do know there is a lot of tension over the issue right now.
Eagle was on the sidelines prior to 9/11, while thousands of pilots were hired or merged to AA. TWA was bought and a certain prior CEO told AE ALPA the purchase "does not include Eagle".
We had 125 flowthrough in an agreement that had been promised to let 50% of AA newhires be flowthroughs from Eagle. Now, we are having 600+ flowbacks come here, a 5:1 ratio. The flowthrough did not affect the livelihoods of AA employees. Now, the flowback is definitely affecting Eagle and keeping FO's on that payscale for 8-10 years. We now have 7 year Captains being displaced to FO to fly with the very flowbacks who displaced them.

Latest posts