American Is Rated Top 2015 Airline Pick by JPMorgan as Oil Prices Fall

no, actually, FWAAA wants to fixate on details which are absolutely important but his goal is clearly to try to deflect from the primary message.

what he really wants you to believe is that a statistic here or there will ensure that AA really has an advantage from its lack of fuel hedging.

In fact, I will go on record here and FWAAA or you or anyone else can fact check the result - but I believe that AA's advantage from not having fuel hedges will be offset by currency losses and by reduced revenue.

check those facts a year from let me know if I was accurate or not.

If AA really has a fuel cost advantage which is not offset by anything else, AA should have at least a 3 margin point advantage over DL - which would be pushing their margin close to or above 20%.

let me know if those things happen.

WorldTraveler said:
no, actually, FWAAA wants to fixate on details which are absolutely important but his goal is clearly to try to deflect from the primary message.

Isn't it strange that you're the only person who sees it this way?
Oh, and speaking of deflections, who was it that brought in Venezuela/Latin America into the discussion?  Not only that, used fraudulent numbers to sell a narrative? 
Well at least you're consistent.

Reactions: 6 people
how many people besides me were talking about AA's position in NYC 7-8 years ago?

not many.

but I was as right as the day is long in July on Lake Michigan.

Feel free to call my numbers fraudulent.

I challenge you here and now to be willing to come back a year from now and show that AA had a $1.5B advantage over DL that were related to these items.

I don't believe they will - specifically because of currency and revenue issues which will easily offset the fuel cost advantage.

Are you going to throw around inflammatory accusations or are you willing to submit yourself to the judgment of facts that will show whether you or I were right a year from?

internet-serious-business.jpg

Reactions: 1 person