American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Do u know how many for fleet wise swamt?
No brake downs as of yet.

It looks like Sito approved a press release
So NOW the asso is asking for unity.

SWAMT asked about UAL..... As far as maint about 5450 warn notices are going out, but the vp of tech ops said the anticipated reduction is about 3200 but reduced by 700 recent retirements so 2500 reduction. This is of the teamsters on the seniority list which includes a bunch of job titles not just A&Ps, looks like there are thousands between just GSE and facility maint. The seniority list is about 9000 I think, its hard to tell exactly as its not totally up to date with the retirements. EDIT: The seniority list may be closer to 8000 active .total...I dont know its not up to date.
Thx for the info. I thought that 5500 number was a bit large at first throw out. The 2500 of 8000 sounds more like the % they have been throwing around at 30%. Still a lot of folks and hate to see it.
Now even our CEO is now saying SWA will be 30% smaller this fall. Not saying employees just the size of the co., but, I can't see them holding onto 20-30% too many employees either. Hopefully by 15th they will get even more for the voluntary leaves.
Gonna rough come Oct boys. Hope everyone has been preparing for the worse. Good luck to all of us.

So NOW the asso is asking for unity.

Unity. WTF is that with this abortion called "The Association"

They got theirs...We got ours! Epic Fail at Unionism.

Wake the F up people......Sign a card and bring UNITY back.

Unity. WTF is that with this abortion called "The Association"

They got theirs...We got ours! Epic Fail at Unionism.

Wake the F up people......Sign a card and bring UNITY back.
Unite to save union dues not jobs or concessions. My opinion based on my past experience with the TWU.
I call it as I see it.

One would hope the ASS would have the foresight to get some ironclad snap back language when the talk gets to pay concessions, and make no mistake, they'll make pay concessions.

Remember in 2003 it was "Concessions for jobs" ? They got the concessions and took the jobs anyways.

One would hope the ASS would have the foresight to get some ironclad snap back language when the talk gets to pay concessions, and make no mistake, they'll make pay concessions.

Remember in 2003 it was "Concessions for jobs" ? They got the concessions and took the jobs anyways.

The ASSociation leadership does NOT have to take the concessions you take so for them as long as they continue to collect your dues they get the $$$$
and you get the pipe.

That is why the M&R class and craft has been trying to get away from the Industrial unions for yrs. The ATD division is just a very small part of these unions.

Truck drivers (IBT) Train & Bus drivers (TWU) Manufacturing & catch all (IAM) those groups control the unions. IAM/IBT created pensions but have so many ways in which they control your retirement money. It is money for them and just a TRICK for you.

Past history is they take the money and run....
What I dont understand is why the company wouldn't put out a buy out option that would give say a 62 year old a medical bridge to 65 and yet would pay medical benefits to people on the payroll who aren't needed for the sake of not laying off.Sounds like something a union would like,doesnt it?

What I dont understand is why the company wouldn't put out a buy out option that would give say a 62 year old a medical bridge to 65 and yet would pay medical benefits to people on the payroll who aren't needed for the sake of not laying off.Sounds like something a union would like,doesnt it?

How long have you worked for this company?

Just asking

You would think, but, why haven't they done that the last 3 times? No one will trust this asso. ever again. Yes it was TWU back then at AA, but it was also the IAM at US that also agreed twice to concessions with no snap back clause as well. This is why it is utterly so important to get a class and craft in for the mechanics before this fall comes, before the end of summer, now would be better and more viable. So yes one would hope the asso. would have the foresight, BUT, they have shown that they do not and will not, it is vital that the mechanics make this happen ASAP or it will again be the exact same as it has been in the past. They have proven this over and over again, it's time to pull the trigger and get a vote done ASAP. Would you really TRUST they will change this time around???

Something they could very easily make happen and would get a bunch of more takers. When medical coverage is, usually, the most important item when retiring then change the offer to reflect so to get the more numbers you need.

Let me wager a guess here......You're 62?

Back