Layoffs

I just saw $400 RT to MAN. At those prices, you're better off buying confirmed space than non-revving.

They've extended the fleet service bid for another 4-6 weeks at LGA because of course management hasn't quite distilled their numbers yet.Apparently they don't know what they're doing at EWR and how it'll affect the rest of the one station complex.

They've extended the fleet service bid for another 4-6 weeks at LGA because of course management hasn't quite distilled their numbers yet.Apparently they don't know what they're doing at EWR and how it'll affect the rest of the one station complex.

DFW/ Fleet Service bid..., pushed back, and will now be effective ...June 7, 2009. Crew Chiefs start bidding...4/27/09. Now layoff number(s) released from HDQ as of yet. I don't think they know what they are doing.

DFW/ Fleet Service bid..., pushed back, and will now be effective ...June 7, 2009. Crew Chiefs start bidding...4/27/09. Now layoff number(s) released from HDQ as of yet. I don't think they know what they are doing.

4/16/2009- No layoffs at DFW, atleast not yet. American has stated- " The company holds off on some layoffs in hopes travel demand will soon pick up". "The cuts in capacity, as well as jobs, could accelerate if travel demand continues to soften". Read between the lines, if nothing changes, say by the end of summer. Probably cuts in September- Stay tuned...

Sounds like a win-win... people get to keep working for a few months, and the company gets time to issue the WARN letters with proper notice.

4/16/2009- No layoffs at DFW, atleast not yet. American has stated- " The company holds off on some layoffs in hopes travel demand will soon pick up". "The cuts in capacity, as well as jobs, could accelerate if travel demand continues to soften". Read between the lines, if nothing changes, say by the end of summer. Probably cuts in September- Stay tuned...

A co-worker who's wife works for AAvacations said bookings, not just inquiries, for the summer have them swamped.

A co-worker who's wife works for AAvacations said bookings, not just inquiries, for the summer have them swamped.
Like I've been saying, and I've averaged at least one trip-2 flights a week since Jan 1, the planes are flying at or near capacity. I've flown to DFW, SFO, BOS,ORD, STL and SJU, couldnt get on a flight to DCA so I drove. So its several markets, I've flown midweek as well. We keep hearing from the company (and its pundits) that RASMs are down but they leave out the fact that ASMs are down as well. So in other words while the number of seats sold may be less there are less seats available to sell.

Given how cheap some of the fares are right now, it's no wonder people are buying them... $500RT to Europe? No problem.

Must sell seats at a loss, Must sell seats at a loss!!!

Forget must grind axe

Must sell seats at a loss,

Must get Bonus Award, sell seats for less.

In one of our Upper JLT meetings here in Tulsa the word is 2200 in maint. and related, 1200 from Tulsa, 1000 in the system.. Now they did say that the were going to offer a package like a 5&5 to get a lot of these old timers out.....Never now, but since AA has stopped seeking outside work to bring in, and the Pulse line is nearing its end, few more months, what then???Hell, they have guys sitting for months now in hng 6 with nothing to do

captianamerica what area do you work in? Is it even aircraft related? Where do you get your info, just from a JLT meeting?