American Opposes Pilots on China Flights

Like most places, there is much of our information we deal with that is web based. Scheduling, weather, maintenance along with security info are just some of the items. Security info and company reports are best left off public hotel or internet cafes for security reasons.

One example, the company doesn't issue or permit the pilots to print our bids in operations. A 4 day trip with one's own PC makes dealing with that easier when they're issued.

Email with the company in weather events is another gain for the company. When the system goes down, the phones tend to follow.

If anything, I'd just move it up on the priority list when choosing layover hotels. It can take the place of "available shopping", which I'd move way down the list.

Hope this helped
Thanks for the cool head and the clarifications Mach. I have no doubt that there are those who just want to stir up hard feelings against pilots here. While there will always be incidents between different workers we should always keep in mind that we would all be better off if we could figure out how to work together and help each other instead of looking at each other as competitors for the crumbs the company wants to feed us. Instead of fighting over the crumbs we need to figure out how to get at the loaf.

Before AA denied the pilots their demands, this was part of the msg by the DFW Pilots' reps that they sent out to all pilots at DFW--

Deadheading Boarding Protocol seeks to regain the recognition of our position and return the boarding protocol back to what used to be a normal procedure here at American before management’s campaign to make all employees equal. If you’ve heard Bob Reding speak in the last couple of years, you most likely heard him say that it is time to put the pilots of this airline back on the pedestal where they belong and recognize their position in the company. This item in the Letter of Agreement addresses Bob’s point and gives management an opportunity to put an end to the lip service by boarding deadheading crews starting with the Captain, followed by First Officers in seniority order.

Mickey MellerskiDFW Chairman
Mike LeoneDFW Vice Chairman

Those words are going to bite APA in the ass for years to come...

Mod,

You're imagining things. The pathetic treatment of fellow employees through selective discrimination has been in force long before any statement APA has made.

In my 15+ years as an AA pilot, the selective respect/treatment would have made me a millionaire many times over if I had been a minority customer at Denny's. :blink:

Put somebody in charge, and make them hold up to a leadership standard. The way it is now is that many times no one is (maybe a cubicle resident at DFW through a memo), and the vacuum is filled by someone, common sense or not.

Take care

$crew the pilots, let CO have the route. Friggin bus drivers. Pilot, possibly the only job at AA that can't make the same or more money at another job day 1. And some wonder why we refuse to talk and socialize with you. Hummm.....

$crew the pilots, let CO have the route. Friggin bus drivers. Pilot, possibly the only job at AA that can't make the same or more money at another job day 1. And some wonder why we refuse to talk and socialize with you. Hummm.....

Well said, iorfa.

:up: :up: :up:

Classic. I wonder what a pilot doll would look like and what kind of accessories it would have. I am sure someone here could do a great job picture and description, for you.

I have one in R&D right now. It has a faded knit golf shirt, and old pair of jeans along with a pair of old white tennis shoes. Supercuts is sending me a hair design for $12.00 :p

I agree. To heck with the China flights. It's obvious that Arpey doesn't want them unless he can get the APA to subsidize it. Another victory by the crack AA management team. Give yourselves a bonus.

Thanks for the cool head and the clarifications Mach. I have no doubt that there are those who just want to stir up hard feelings against pilots here. While there will always be incidents between different workers we should always keep in mind that we would all be better off if we could figure out how to work together and help each other instead of looking at each other as competitors for the crumbs the company wants to feed us. Instead of fighting over the crumbs we need to figure out how to get at the loaf.

Good points Bob. I am opposed to pilots having deadheading priority. I do agree that pilots are in charge of the airplane as far as chain of command goes and I have zero problem with it. I am not willing to concede that pilot butts take priority over FA butts for deadheading. I don't blame them for trying, though. I just don't agree.

I am indifferent to them getting cabin jumpseat privileges. I would not care if they offered it to all employees as long as AA flight attendants had first crack at them.

I hope they do get pay at sign in, because as Bob and AA point out, that could only help other work groups.

AA doesn't want to grant the pilots any of the demands that will cost them money because they realize if they negotiate contract changes outside of real contract negotiations it could only mean having the rest of the labor groups come asking for more and probably getting it.

The FA union needs to follow the pilot's union lead instead of just sitting around and saying, " yeah, we'll do whatever you want us too as long as you let us work here".