American Phx-Mia nonrev info ?

Black Magic

Veteran
Jan 4, 2008
Hi, was wondering if an American employee could pm me the amount of seats open for the nonstop phx-mia flight on Feb. 18th. The generic nonrev sites just give a "smiley" face and was looking for more detailed pbt's as I'm trying to plan a cruise around that time. Thanx!

Hi, was wondering if an American employee could pm me the amount of seats open for the nonstop phx-mia flight on Feb. 18th. The generic nonrev sites just give a "smiley" face and was looking for more detailed pbt's as I'm trying to plan a cruise around that time. Thanx!
It's too far out for a reliable guesstimate. I have seen flights go from wide open to overbooked in a considerably shorter period of time. In addition, many AA pass riders do not list utill the last minute.

Anything NR to Florida is usually bad in the winter.
Anything on a weekend, especially Friday, tends to be worse.
You're looking at Presidents Day Weekend, I've written off Non Rev with family on that weekend for over a decade.
PHX in general is just as bad as MIA in the winter.
As a D3, your boarding priority is less than the toliet paper on the plane.

If you're planning a cruise, my guess is you are expecting to be on the ship when it departs. Sorry, I think you need to buy a ticket.

A cheaper option may be to find a reasonably priced (translated into the English: NOT f/c) hotel in MIA/FLL area, and go a day or two ahead of the cruise departure date. Unless it's one of those 3-day Bahamas cruises, you will not be back until the President's Day rush is over; so, the trip home might not be a problem.

However, as has been pointed out, the nonstop is going to be difficult at anytime--particularly in the winter. You might want to investigate PHX-DFW-MIA routing. We have lots of flights on both legs increasing your chances of getting on.

P.S. The load on the nonstop for 18FEB...at this point there are only 19 seats left on a 148 seat a/c. And, all 129 currently booked are revenue passengers. I wouldn't count on traveling on that flight as a non-rev.

Thanks for the info and help guys. My first plan is to fly to miami on the 17th on my own airline (us airways). If that doesn't work out always like to know the last chance for aa phx-mia flight. The cruise boat leaves fri evening and it would be better to get there a day early anyway. Thanks again!