American to cut 62 flights in Chicago-Merged Topics

I think I smell a schedule enhancement at WN for their STL operation.

I don't. They didn't build up St. Louis last time AA cut, and they won't this time either.

In fact, while Southwest is starting STL-RSW in November, they are ending STL-LAX. AirTran is also ending STL-MCO and not resuming seasonal STL-SRQ.

It is frustrating for those of us that actually saw the "beans" (from the bean counters) watch formally profitable flights be discuntinued. STL-SEA? We had full 757s several times a day and an all nighter. Boeing! Orange County, full 757s, good yield. Springfield Mo surprising was one of the highest yields. LGA and JFK great feeders to Intn'. But then when we were acquired, fares were jacked up by sometimes as little as $4 to keep the non stops and direct flights at the bottom of the res list. Our London passenger had to fight to be put on our flight. They were almost forced to go to ORD. ANC 3 and sometimes (weekends) 4 flights a day in the summer. Full and cargo alone kept them profitable. I understand that "full" does not always equate to profit but STL has held its own even with the slaughter. Anything to protect DFW and ORD! I hope these plans are not an example of "cut your nose off to spite your face".

...and don't forget the ridiculous sub-par catering that took place once the acquisition was consumated....they made it painful even for the TWA Elites to remain loyal to the TWA routes...

O'Hare-Portland and O'Hare-Dayton are also cut.

At MIA, in addition to the usual winter flights (i.e. 2nd daily to Detroit; +3w to Santiago de Chile; etc., etc.), AA will add new frequencies in a few markets. One daily, new year-round flight to Dallas (10x), LaGuardia (10x), Washington/DCA (9x). Extra daily each to St. Maarten (2x) and Montego Bay (3x) for the winter.

It is frustrating for those of us that actually saw the "beans" (from the bean counters) watch formally profitable flights be discuntinued. STL-SEA? We had full 757s several times a day and an all nighter. Boeing! Orange County, full 757s, good yield. Springfield Mo surprising was one of the highest yields. LGA and JFK great feeders to Intn'. But then when we were acquired, fares were jacked up by sometimes as little as $4 to keep the non stops and direct flights at the bottom of the res list. Our London passenger had to fight to be put on our flight. They were almost forced to go to ORD. ANC 3 and sometimes (weekends) 4 flights a day in the summer. Full and cargo alone kept them profitable. I understand that "full" does not always equate to profit but STL has held its own even with the slaughter. Anything to protect DFW and ORD! I hope these plans are not an example of "cut your nose off to spite your face".

NEWS FLASH !!...."CMH"- Columbus Ohio, is going ALL Eagle. AA/ Mainline jets are going to be gone. No more AA Rampers. Another station bites the dust ..... :shock:

Also, Miami-Madrid and all three daily Miami-Sao Paulo will be 777-200ERs this winter. The Miami-Madrid change is year-round (or, more cautiously put, "indefinite").

AA will also offer a fourth daily MIA-GRU during December and January. This runs on a special exemption to the U.S.-Brazil air treaty, in which AA is given a seven week period to operate one additional daily flight.

Can they out-source to eagle even with AA mainline flights still coming to CMH? The updated schedule still has 3 S80s to DFW thru December 2008. On another board they are saying that Eagle takes over in SEP 08.

Dunno. IIRC, CMH still had station protected guys, so the only option via the letter of the TWU contract would be to close it to AA, and replace mainline with Eagle.

Up to now, Eagle was so close to the ASM cap that they couldn't be replacing a lot of mainline flying. Given all the canceled flying in SJU and LGA, they probably got some wiggle room.

I thought the ORD-PDX pulldowns had already been made public. Ramp is already outsourced there.

MIA-MAD on the 777 will be nice. IB doesn't offer a F cabin (I'm not too impressed with the J product on the A340 either, but their A320 J product kicks butt), so this will provide a better premium alternative to/from MAD on oneworld.

Latest posts