American & US Airways apply to transfer all Intl routes to AA

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
http://aviationblog....he-merger.html/

"The five airlines involved in the US Airways and American Airlines merger asked the U.S. Department of Transportation to transfer all the international routes of US Airways and its two regional carriers, PSA Airlines and Piedmont Airlines, to American Airlines and American Eagle."

What the hell????????

Did any know this was in the works? What about the pilots and flight attendants currently flying those routes? Do they come over immediately as part of the transfer?

It's a technicality for the DOT's purposes, not the FAA.

Won't Shouldn't affect which operating certificate serves the route.

Here's the actual somewhat complex request:
http://www.regulatio...-2013-0082-0001
Download the 1st Attachment.
It is likely more to quickly get the existing AA JVs to US hubs than anything else, especially BA. Interesting how the wording seems to downplay PHL and up-play CLT as one of the new AA trans-Atlantic Gateways. IMO, lots of vielied intent in this request., with particular focus of making every potential political adversary a happy new AA camper. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rush of DL/UA objections - but maybe not.

This AMR Group Management will do what ever it takes to make MONEY for the New Inc. and Themselves ! They will CRUSH ! US and YOU to accomplish their profits. Stay FOCUSED , INFORMED, and PREPARED ! The WORKER BEES need to stick together going forward.

Reactions: 1 person
This AMR Group Management will do what ever it takes to make MONEY for the New Inc. and Themselves ! They will CRUSH ! US and YOU to accomplish their profits. Stay FOCUSED , INFORMED, and PREPARED ! The WORKER BEES need to stick together going forward.

It's too late for that...deregulation and the internet killed this once glorified business, airfares down, wages down. Collectively, the industry hasn't made a profit in decades and has resorted to massive layoffs through mergers and bankruptcies. What the public wants, the airlines give, and giving you more in wages has not been a priority in this business in the last 25 years..

Game over....

Hmm. Are there plans to fold PSA and PDT into AE? I didn't think so. I've been assuming PSA, PDT and AE would each remain separate wholly owned subsidiaries, which makes me surprised they plan to transfer the international rights for PSA and PDT to AE.

Hmm. Are there plans to fold PSA and PDT into AE? I didn't think so. I've been assuming PSA, PDT and AE would each remain separate wholly owned subsidiaries, which makes me surprised they plan to transfer the international rights for PSA and PDT to AE.

It's not out of the question to expect a single carrier determination for the regional subs.

Why PSA and PDT unions didn't pursue that is another question altogether.

Follow The Money ! Of Course AMR Group Will. Some of the Best Yields are the Regional Monopoly markets and International markets. Single Carrier Status will reduce costs and WORKERS.

Thanks. The article did not say that, and it read as if the flying itself would be transferred.
They all do it.

Delta did the same thing with Northwest and United did the same with CO(well, flip that because I believe United is going to be using the CO operating certificate) . All it does is transfer any rights US Airways has to the American Operating certificate. (which isn't really going to much as the bulk of US's network could all be started by AA tomorrow)
In simple terms its one of the first steps to Single Operating certificate. As you guys get closer to SOC more and more things like this will pop up. Its just paper work basically. DL and UA did the same. (i looked for the NW route transfers but couldn't find it.)

Follow The Money ! Of Course AMR Group Will. Some of the Best Yields are the Regional Monopoly markets and International markets. Single Carrier Status will reduce costs and WORKERS.

Er would you rather them have two companies and just play US employees off of AA employees and vis versa? SOC has to come, or the merger becomes pointless is harmful to each group of employees.

He meant the routes. US has very little routes that aren't under some sort of open skies.