AMFA Files at Horizon

The Teamsters have approached the mechanics at Republic, so I was wondering what their track record was. They came to my house with promises of the moon.

FAIR WARNING!!! Run like hell from the teamsters. They will promice you the moon, and in fact they will garrentee you the moon, then once you all vote them in, you'll never see them again, and all those promices never come to light. Do youself a favor, save 20% on your union dues and get better representation. When you start to have IBT and teamster union members showing up at your house to talk shop, something is wrong, just wrong. That should have been a red flag. They tried doing that here at SWA to remove the AMFA. Everysingle one of them sent the teamsters packing sand, so they finally gave up. I would also recomend AMFA, if not, then someone other than the teamsters. Too many lies and promices, too many back door deals with the company, too many decisions being made by non-aircraft union members that do not have the airline industry in it's bast interest.

Reactions: 1 person
Fixindaplane,

The teamsters are good door to door salesmen. They will and have promised not just the moon, but the whole universe to get elected. Once in, they give you nothing. Actually, they take from you. You pay them and they help the company work against you.

The teamsters are the worst thing you guys can do.

I agree with AMFA, if and when you guys unionize, AMFA is the ONLY choice. You guys run it and control all aspects of it. AMFA will be what you guys make it.
Thanks for the info! The whole thing leaves me with a soiled feeling.

FAIR WARNING!!! Run like hell from the teamsters. They will promice you the moon, and in fact they will garrentee you the moon, then once you all vote them in, you'll never see them again, and all those promices never come to light. Do youself a favor, save 20% on your union dues and get better representation. When you start to have IBT and teamster union members showing up at your house to talk shop, something is wrong, just wrong. That should have been a red flag. They tried doing that here at SWA to remove the AMFA. Everysingle one of them sent the teamsters packing sand, so they finally gave up. I would also recomend AMFA, if not, then someone other than the teamsters. Too many lies and promices, too many back door deals with the company, too many decisions being made by non-aircraft union members that do not have the airline industry in it's bast interest.
The response seems to be overwhelming. I have not gotten one good comment about the IBT. I think they are going door to door because of declining membership. They are losing power.

The response seems to be overwhelming. I have not gotten one good comment about the IBT. I think they are going door to door because of declining membership. They are losing power.

The teamsters are a truckers union. You need an aircraft mechanics union.

Reactions: 2 people

You can also ask for input from the UAL/CAL guys. They can tell you first hand, and most recently how they make all the promices and never deliver. Horizon Air mechanics are currently voting to get rid of the teamsters and bring in AMFA. Whatever you do, do some research, look through the history online of the teamsters, and you will be shocked. We got so fed up with them, we removed them from SWA in a record 2 week card drive. Just to let you know, card drives takes months and months if not years normally. We are extremely happy with AMFA. If you all choose not to go with AMFA then so be it, however, strongly suggest you stay completely away from the teamsters. We warned the UAL guys and now they are regretting bringing in the teamsters. Whatever you do, do your homework and you will see, and pls don't just take our words, look deep into the teamsters, you will in fact regret bringing them in.

Those who are going door to door are in it for personal gain. All of them will move up the union and off the floor. They
will roll their toolboxes out and make twice what you do. They will produce ZERO results!!!!!!!!! At this time I don't know
who is screwing me more. The union or company. Either way by backside is getting sore from both.

wonder if the IBT was able to resolve the 300+ grievances dumped on AMFA when they assumed representation from the IAM, during bankruptcy, with UAL management being less that helpfull.... No wonder they werent able to proceed at an "acceptable" pace for the San Fran IBT card drivers.

Reactions: 1 person
wonder if the IBT was able to resolve the 300+ grievances dumped on AMFA when they assumed representation from the IAM, during bankruptcy, with UAL management being less that helpfull.... No wonder they werent able to proceed at an "acceptable" pace for the San Fran IBT card drivers.

The ibt in SFO actually had more grievances on file after 2 years than AMFA did after almost 5.

The only reason the ibt was eventually able to reduce that number was that they cut a deal with management on a new point attendance system.

Just one more reason the ibt will be removed at UAL.