Horizon Mechanics Get The Shaft From Amfa

James T. Kirk

Senior
Apr 9, 2003
Welcome to AMFA Watch Dogs - The truth is out there!!

AMFA Watch Dogs bring you the truth about AMFA dispelling the lies and half-truths and exposing their misrepresentation.

Horizon Air Contract Negotiations Update

News Flash - Read the March 19th 2004 Company Heads Up!!!

AMFA ran out of steam, they took the easy way out without a vote of the membership again!!!

Mediation next step in contract negotiations

Here's the quote from the company newsletter

"Horizon Air and the union representing its mechanics today agreed to request the services of a federal mediator to assist them in reaching agreement on a first contract. Talks between Horizon and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) have been under way since March 2003, and the two parties already have tentative agreement on several key contract items. The hope is now to find common ground on the remaining issues.

"In our industry, mediation is not uncommon -- it's often helpful in resolving outstanding issues, especially with first contracts," said Celia Sherbeck, Horizon's vice president, Maintenance and Engineering. "Our philosophy remains that our contract should be competitive with those at other regional carriers, keeping in mind our own marketplace particulars. I'm confident we can work together to reach an agreement and continue building the best regional airline in the country."

Mediation will be provided by the National Mediation Board (NMB), which was established as part of the Railway Labor Act. The NMB's goal is to foster the prompt and orderly resolution of collective bargaining issues in the railroad and airline industries. It is not unusual for parties to request mediation at a point in negotiations to help reach an agreement."

Thanks AMFA this is democracy AMFA style!!!

February 22nd, 2003

James T. Kirk said:
Welcome to AMFA Watch Dogs - The truth is out there!!

AMFA Watch Dogs bring you the truth about AMFA dispelling the lies and half-truths and exposing their misrepresentation.

Horizon Air Contract Negotiations Update

News Flash - Read the March 19th 2004 Company Heads Up!!!

AMFA ran out of steam, they took the easy way out without a vote of the membership again!!!

Mediation next step in contract negotiations

Here's the quote from the company newsletter

"Horizon Air and the union representing its mechanics today agreed to request the services of a federal mediator to assist them in reaching agreement on a first contract. Talks between Horizon and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) have been under way since March 2003, and the two parties already have tentative agreement on several key contract items. The hope is now to find common ground on the remaining issues.

"In our industry, mediation is not uncommon -- it's often helpful in resolving outstanding issues, especially with first contracts," said Celia Sherbeck, Horizon's vice president, Maintenance and Engineering. "Our philosophy remains that our contract should be competitive with those at other regional carriers, keeping in mind our own marketplace particulars. I'm confident we can work together to reach an agreement and continue building the best regional airline in the country."

Mediation will be provided by the National Mediation Board (NMB), which was established as part of the Railway Labor Act. The NMB's goal is to foster the prompt and orderly resolution of collective bargaining issues in the railroad and airline industries. It is not unusual for parties to request mediation at a point in negotiations to help reach an agreement."

Thanks AMFA this is democracy AMFA style!!!

February 22nd, 2003
OK,
So you used the Company,(Horizon Letter) from AMFAwatchdogs.com!
Now read the Actual AMFA letter.AMFA at Horizon
and AMFA Horizon update
The twu rolls over, AMFA fights. :D

Just happened to look at the TWU Local 556 website. Right there on the front page it says this:

It's been 663 days since our contract became amendable!

Raptor said:
I don't get it :huh: What doe's that mean ?
Kirk seems to think that the lack of progress at Horizon is due to AMFA. However the TWU represented Flight attendants at SWA, working for the most profitable airline in the industry, have been unable to secure a contract for nearly 2 years!

The most profitable airline in the industry and the twu has negotiated this for the flight attendants at their last negotiations????????????????????????

"She said the median flight-attendant salary is $24,500 a year at
Southwest and beginning flight attendants make $14,000 a year."

Now that is a travesty if there ever was one!!! They clean the planes between flights for Christs sake!!! The twu needs to be booted out of the entire airline industry!!!

Ken MacTiernan said:
jim little will not explain anything because he doesn't have too.
I think Jim Little pretty well answered all of your questions! Don't you think Ken?

--------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
I think Jim Little pretty well answered all of your questions! Don't you think Ken?

Ken didn't accept Mr. Little's answers because they were not what he wanted to hear. . .the TRUTH!!!!! He listens to Delle because Delle tells "fabricated truths"!!

Hey Ken, did Delle try to sell you some swamp land in Arizona yet?? I hear he has some. Or was that in New Hampshire?? :shock:

twuer said:
High Speed Steel said:

Ken didn't accept Mr. Little's answers because they were not what he wanted to hear. . .the TRUTH!!!!! He listens to Delle because Delle tells "fabricated truths"!!

Hey Ken, did Delle try to sell you some swamp land in Arizona yet?? I hear he has some. Or was that in New Hampshire?? :shock:
twuer, the only thing Dell has tried to sell me is democracy and accountability in a craft union for our profession. And I am buying.

hss, the answer is no.

The twu smells fear... a it is their own! :up:

Hey Ken, May I suggest that you find a nice quiet place and review the e-mail responce from Jim Little to you and read it again. If this will not work, there are other alternitives available that may be of some assistance to you such as a Narrator, or a Theoropist to translate to you....... See below.....!

What part of UNION don't you understand....?

AMFA: The YUGO of the labor maovement
Where bargaining means YOU GO.....!