AMFA files with NMB for representational election vote @ Spirit Airlines

Not disagreeing. As I was told by a former JB mechanic not too long ago that JB is full of a lot of X-Delta mechanics.
Probably a bit tougher to get the cards, but I have also been told the MC's are pretty much in and the card collection from Mechanics has been going well. Just not given any kind of a % guess as of yet.
Just like at Spirit Airlines the MC's will be included in the Class and Craft for the card collection efforts.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Very good choice for Spirit's Mechanics getting represented prior to combo with JetBlue. Just look how the company is trying to treat the F/A's in their first offer, and they are represented, just think about what they would have forced upon the Mechanics group if you guys didn't get represented.

Jetblue mechanics deserve more seniority in this acquisition. Does AMFA agree? What is AMFA's position?

Jetblue mechanics deserve more seniority in this acquisition. Does AMFA agree? What is AMFA's position?

It’ll probably take AMFA 7 years to get the groups integrated anyway. Seham is looking to buy a Summer House in Montana.

Yeah, we know how the TWU and other in-house unions at AA like to staple merger partners to the bottom of the seniority list. They got theirs, brother.

"A loaf of bread costs the same for everyone, but don't you dare treat us as equals when it comes to seniority..."

The hypocrisy in that is truly boggling.

My recollection is AMFA had a merger policy that required a merger involving two AMFA represented carriers to use date of hire and no other artificial expectations or stapling.

Date of hire has always seemed to be the fairest way to handle things. I've never seen a good argument for doing anything else, other than using "spoils go to the victor" which would have really screwed AA employees in the US Airways merger. Or maybe they were screwed in favor of the US Airways folks.

Yeah, we know how the TWU and other in-house unions at AA like to staple merger partners to the bottom of the seniority list. They got theirs, brother.

"A loaf of bread costs the same for everyone, but don't you dare treat us as equals when it comes to seniority..."

My recollection is AMFA had a merger policy that required a merger involving two AMFA represented carriers to use date of hire and no other artificial expectations or stapling.

Date of hire has always seemed to be the fairest way to handle things. I've never seen a good argument for doing anything else, other than using "spoils go to the victor" which would have really screwed AA employees in the US Airways merger. Or maybe they were screwed in favor of the US Airways folks.
Which is ridiculous. Spirit Mechanics will be brought up in pay and will probably be given the generous PTO Jetblue has right off the bat. TWU fought for their members in every acquisition and got their members more whenever they were the bigger, acquiring group. To think Spirit deserves equal seniority is absurd.

Wow you really don’t have any clue what you’re talking about. You’re all over the map. Let me ask you. Do you know the difference between a merger and an acquisition? Do you understand what Duty of Fair representation means? Do you know what a LPP (Labor Protection Provision) clause is? How much do you understand about Allegheny Mowhawk and McCaskill Bond?

BTW since it’s obvious you’re bringing up the 21 years old story again you do know that the TWU was the only union to take that situation to an “Independent” Arbitrator who ruled 100% Seniority in TUL and MCI, 25% in Stations where they had a 25% presence already by comparison and 4/10/01 in Stations where they had little to no presence at all.

“I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T ARBITRATION” TWU was the ONLY Union (AFL/CIO) to agree to that.

The Pilots and the FA’s stapled them to the bottom after AA forced all the TWA Unions to give up their LPP’s or they wouldn’t BUY the Airlines Debt and Assets.

Yes IF the Union represents BOTH groups since they are BOTH paying dues to that Union they can have a one for one (Classification) Seniority Integration. Otherwise you bump up against this annoying little item called Duty of Fair Representation DFR. Plenty of Lawyers out there I’m sure including old Lee Seham would love to get their slimy little hands on a good one of those.

Fair in yours or anyone else’s eyes is irrelevant when you bump up against the Laws of the United States of America 🇺🇸

Last edited:
Which is ridiculous. Spirit Mechanics will be brought up in pay and will probably be given the generous PTO Jetblue has right off the bat. TWU fought for their members in every acquisition and got their members more whenever they were the bigger, acquiring group. To think Spirit deserves equal seniority is absurd.

If the Airlines were to merge tomorrow and they could make their own moves it’s likely that at least temporarily the Company would integrate them as Date of Hire until any representation is sorted out. Meaning at this moment would AMFA win a vote to represent the entire merged Class and Craft. I’m not sure if they have to have a fence agreement though? I think they would just like we had at AA. But neither group has a contract yet so?

I find it highly unlikely because of the uncertainty of the merger itself that Spirit Airlines will sign any deal for the AMT’s with AMFA anyway until it’s finalized or it falls apart. That’s going to take at least 2 years.

Spirit management will stall the AMFA because JetBlue management will tell them too. Some of those executives are going to want to keep working for the merged carrier so they’ll do what they’re told period.