AMFA Suspends Negotiations - How do you feel about that?

Anomaly

Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
http://amfa32.com/in...m&HomeID=292987

AMT Negotiations: May 30, 2013
Currently AMFA has determined, based on several higher priority issues, to suspend negotiations for the time being to try and resolve these other issues. We are still committed to resolve these issues and reconvene negotiations soon as possible. Our last session was March 8th 2013, the following Articles have been T/A’d.

Article 1- Purpose of Agreement- No changes
Article 12- Leaves of Absence, changing language for every 30 day written request to extend a leave to longer period on a case- by case- basis.
Article 17- Safety & Health, changes to the payout benefits for Death to $500,000, Loss of sight and 2 members to $500,000 & Total loss of one member & sight in 1 eye to $250,000 & any single incident to $2 million.
Article 26- Union Security- No changes
Article 27- Saving Clause- No changes
Articles in Work
Article 8- Field Service- Discussions focused on rules around International field service and clarification on domestic down lines
Article 21- Grievance Procedure- Working on the process for filing a grievance into actual steps in order and time lines for a more efficient process. Also, upon request of an Employee on OJI to receive the State & Federal Laws pertaining to the Employee’s domicile.
Article 22- Arbitration- Working toward discovery language for actions taken by the Company against an Employee.
Article 23- No Strike No Lockout- AMFA proposed language for the Company while in negotiations to not seek or hire replacement workers or lock members out.

Facilities Maintenance Negotiations:
As of the present time, we have dates set for a day and a half on June 6th & 7th 2013 to begin openers for our Facilities maintenance mechanics. The Committee will be utilizing Danny York as our subject matter expert for negotiations. We have proposals submitted by these members and they are under the Corporate Facilities umbrella. Updates will be forth coming once the sessions begin.
Station Closures- PHL & SMF:

And over three years of negotiations at UAL/CAL and yet no agreement in place?
Throwing stones I see.

What are you talking about??? We just negotiated an agreement at UA and it expires this July 2013.

Reactions: 1 person
And CBAs in the airline industry dont expire, they become amendable.

Why are they UA mechanics not being offered jobs on the CO side?

http://amfa32.com/in...m&HomeID=292987

AMT Negotiations: May 30, 2013
Currently AMFA has determined, based on several higher priority issues, to suspend negotiations for the time being to try and resolve these other issues. We are still committed to resolve these issues and reconvene negotiations soon as possible. Our last session was March 8th 2013, the following Articles have been T/A’d.

Article 1- Purpose of Agreement- No changes
Article 12- Leaves of Absence, changing language for every 30 day written request to extend a leave to longer period on a case- by case- basis.
Article 17- Safety & Health, changes to the payout benefits for Death to $500,000, Loss of sight and 2 members to $500,000 & Total loss of one member & sight in 1 eye to $250,000 & any single incident to $2 million.
Article 26- Union Security- No changes
Article 27- Saving Clause- No changes
Articles in Work
Article 8- Field Service- Discussions focused on rules around International field service and clarification on domestic down lines
Article 21- Grievance Procedure- Working on the process for filing a grievance into actual steps in order and time lines for a more efficient process. Also, upon request of an Employee on OJI to receive the State & Federal Laws pertaining to the Employee’s domicile.
Article 22- Arbitration- Working toward discovery language for actions taken by the Company against an Employee.
Article 23- No Strike No Lockout- AMFA proposed language for the Company while in negotiations to not seek or hire replacement workers or lock members out.

Facilities Maintenance Negotiations:
As of the present time, we have dates set for a day and a half on June 6th & 7th 2013 to begin openers for our Facilities maintenance mechanics. The Committee will be utilizing Danny York as our subject matter expert for negotiations. We have proposals submitted by these members and they are under the Corporate Facilities umbrella. Updates will be forth coming once the sessions begin.
Station Closures- PHL & SMF:
Like we have said before, we are in no hurry for a new contract. Like the above posting stated; " based on several higher priority issues, to suspend negotiations for the time being to try and resolve these other issues." "priority issues" Enough said...

Like we have said before, we are in no hurry for a new contract. Like the above posting stated; " based on several higher priority issues, to suspend negotiations for the time being to try and resolve these other issues." "priority issues" Enough said...

What priority issue is more important than a collective bargaining agreement? The industry as a whole is improving and even while Southwest has been replaced by Alaska as the "darlings of Wall Street", SWA is still poised to make a great deal of cash in the near future. Why would your committee and union send the message to the company that members wages and benefits are a less important issue?

You say you are OK with waiting for changes around the corner, I get that. But I have news for you pal; at the pace your union was moving, you did not need to suspend negotiations to see those delays. I think it was a bad idea for the union to show the company a sign of weakness in the situation your airline is in. Like it or not, weakness is the message I read. What does the company think?

Time will tell who is right.

What priority issue is more important than a collective bargaining agreement? The industry as a whole is improving and even while Southwest has been replaced by Alaska as the "darlings of Wall Street", SWA is still poised to make a great deal of cash in the near future. Why would your committee and union send the message to the company that members wages and benefits are a less important issue?

You say you are OK with waiting for changes around the corner, I get that. But I have news for you pal; at the pace your union was moving, you did not need to suspend negotiations to see those delays. I think it was a bad idea for the union to show the company a sign of weakness in the situation your airline is in. Like it or not, weakness is the message I read. What does the company think?

Why don't YOU go ask the Company? "you did not need to suspend negotiations to see those delays" The poster did not day this, the Union did. I think it was a bad idea for the union to show the company a sign of weakness in the situation your airline is in..
Oh lookie at who's airline has been in BK and the Mouth, from where-ever speaks up! I think it's a bad idea when you run your yap! I get better responses on FB from Grocery cart handlers...

You do not work at SWA and are the only one upset with the way we are negotiating.

If you did work at SWA then you would have access to that information.

Instead you come here to talk about things you have no knowledge of and throw stones.

We can handle our own negotiations thank you.

Reactions: 2 people

Dude, you really need to get more info prior to posting. So you as an outsider, not SWA employee, not SWA mechanic, not an AMFA officer involved with nego's at SWA, are suggesting that "it was a bad idea"? Ge thx I'm sure our nego cmte will now reverse their decision and head into expedited nego's just because Anomaly thought it was a bad idea. BTW Anomaly, we will continue fwd with our industry leading contract, while they continue nego's. As we can all see where your thoughts are as far as what takes president over other issues. Your all about "wages and benefits" as you posted above. We are already there, so they can focus their efforts on more important things like, job positions, station closings, and starting the 4th line of maint, as well as making more positions for new hires. It's not all about the money Anomaly, as we all see where you come from. No wonder you support the industrial unions. Get a clue man, get a clue...

Dude, you really need to get more info prior to posting. So you as an outsider, not SWA employee, not SWA mechanic, not an AMFA officer involved with nego's at SWA, are suggesting that "it was a bad idea"? Ge thx I'm sure our nego cmte will now reverse their decision and head into expedited nego's just because Anomaly thought it was a bad idea. BTW Anomaly, we will continue fwd with our industry leading contract, while they continue nego's. As we can all see where your thoughts are as far as what takes president over other issues. Your all about "wages and benefits" as you posted above. We are already there, so they can focus their efforts on more important things like, job positions, station closings, and starting the 4th line of maint, as well as making more positions for new hires. It's not all about the money Anomaly, as we all see where you come from. No wonder you support the industrial unions. Get a clue man, get a clue...

I admit to wanting more information about what is going on at SWA, which is EXACTLY WHY I POSED THIS QUESTION...NIM ROD.

I wanted to know what other SWA members thought about it. The fact that very few, 3 (maybe) have answered and only with criticism to my question tells me something. Either nobody but amfa lovers are reading this site, or you all are realy in the dark? Which do you think it is??

You are quick to say I know nothing about anything....but do you really know what is going on at your company? Do you all really belive Babbit will allow you to take advantage of SWA? He was hired for a very specific reason. Maybe you all should look in to who he is and what he might be able to do? You are on a cliff but just do not know it. While you look him up, your suggestion to tell the organizing team that they made a foolish decision would be a very good idea.

You can thank me later.

I admit to wanting more information about what is going on at SWA, which is EXACTLY WHY I POSED THIS QUESTION...NIM ROD.

I wanted to know what other SWA members thought about it. The fact that very few, 3 (maybe) have answered and only with criticism to my question tells me something. Either nobody but amfa lovers are reading this site, or you all are realy in the dark? Which do you think it is??

You are quick to say I know nothing about anything....but do you really know what is going on at your company? Do you all really belive Babbit will allow you to take advantage of SWA? He was hired for a very specific reason. Maybe you all should look in to who he is and what he might be able to do? You are on a cliff but just do not know it. While you look him up, your suggestion to tell the organizing team that they made a foolish decision would be a very good idea.

You can thank me later.
I repeat; Get a clue man, get a clue...

In other words you have no idea what Babbit has in store for you??

You really should make an attempt to learn.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Babbitt

So?

Why don't you tell us what he has in store since you claim to know.

Disingenuous BS!

You started this thread
08 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

You started another thread on the American Boards
08 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

So FOUR MINUTES after starting a thread entitled :
Example of an inept association

You come here ... "wanting for more information"?

I don't know what more pathetic....you actually thinking you can peddle this duplicitous crap .... or the fact that after all this time, you're not even good at it.