AMFA/SWA AMT Contract Extension Nego's begin this month

As each group (AA, UAL and SWA) comes up to bat of course you will temporarily become industry leading in wages. Next year around April Delta will likely take their mechanics over you. Then AA Mechanics will come up to bat and go past the other three including you.

THIS ISN’T ROCKET SCIENCE BUDDY.

Now why don’t you talk about your industry leading SCOPE. 😂

BTW do you also talk to yourself in your own House? Who are you talking to?

Actually here’s the link and credit where credits due Swampy you did get a small improvement to your Scope. Now did AMFA really negotiate all that though, of course not. The Company came along and gave it to you. And to be fair I’d say the same thing if it was IAM, IBT or TWU if they got something in only two or three days.

Anyway Swampy congratulations. I still don’t like you and think you’re a little unhinged but congratulations anyway.

Update to Contract Extension talks and AIP agreement: News has been released early. All Mechanics please check your emails from AMFA and Co. There has been an updated memo released today with all details and all info needed on the AIP.
In a nut shell, looks like we would go to industry leading right off the bat, by approx $4. Also appears to put use above and over FedEx's wages, but not quite UPS still. Increases in lic premiums, longevity, and another 3% bump in the contracted Aug of 2023 raises we were suppose to get for a total of over 6% increase this AUG. We WILL be INDUSTRY LEADING thru-out the entire contract at this point. There is one carrier going into nego's or at least start them in late 2024.
So far from what I have seen it looks like a no brainer to pass as long as no changes from the Email received from AMFA today.
So nice of a change to see a contract extension get done in the first 3 nego days, a first time to be activated a year earlier at the last contract date of raises in last contract, and of course INDUSTRY LEADING Once again for AMFA represented airline Mechanics!!! Enough said, enjoy the updates folks and keep working safe and getting those A/C out and back to revenue service making $$$$. Pretty happy right now.
I wanna also tip my hat to Mr. Kinder for following thru with what he said he wanted to do and get done, a true man of his words...
Your whole contract isn’t industry leading.

You still outsource more maintenance than any other major airline.

Tell the whole story.

Reactions: JimmyBop
Edit my last comment.

Reading the deal again you’ve agreed to give up even more work to El Salvador for cash? (I missed that the first time)

You did however go from a minimum (abysmal) membership ratio of 2.75 maintenance to 3.0 per Aircraft but I suspect you were already over that anyway.

Well congratulations once again for giving away even more of your work. Keep it going. El Salvador 🇸🇻 appreciates you.

So I asked a very well known TWU International Representative if AMFA was once again giving up work at SWA and this was his response.

“Yup…20-25% increase in outsourced lines…~11% increase in heads outsourced per plane. AMFA again screwing the AMT’s in America for a few $’s.”

So at least now we know that SWA didn’t come along and do this out of the kindness of their hearts. They wanted to be able to ship more work out of America 🇺🇸 and it took less than 3 days for AMFA to say to Management sure no problem, take some more of our work.

Unbelievable

Below is the new details of the AIP. For all those following the industry A big shout out to the Delta Mechanics being at Industry Leading for a new bar to be set and achieved.
Charts showing airline industries positions in comparo to each other. We will even go above FedEx Mechanics as well.
Overall, it all looks ok so far. Great to see how fast this was done within first 3 days of talks, now see what a difference is when the co really wants to get a contract done, amazing. Rock on Kinder!!! Spread the word boys and girls get everyone to vote on this, participation is key.
Look forward to the update meetings coming.
I tip my hat to the AMFA nego team and the companies nego team for keeping this professional and getting it done in a record time period for a change in SWA history. Also a first is the year early raises superseding our last raise in Aug 2023 and more than doubling it. I also like the lic, long, and % of raise increases to more compete with the rest of the industry and keep up industry leading to retain the Mechanics, good job to all involved...

AMFA-SWA AMT CBA EXTENSION AIP TERM SHEET SUMMARY
June 4, 2023 -- AMFA and Southwest Airlines have reached an agreement in principle (AIP) on an extension to the Mechanics and Related collective bargaining agreement (CBA). AMFA and Southwest will now work to convert the AIP into a tentative agreement (TA) for your review and ratification. Attached is a summary of the AIP.
Read More

Who in the World is this guy talking to? There’s no one here. There’s only two of us paying any attention to this guy and he keeps pretending he’s ignoring us. He also writes as if he has hordes of followers which is just weird.

Anyway Swamp what negotiating team did you have? You didn’t have a team. You had a few guys along with Lucas Middlebroke who answered a phone call ☎️ from the Company and took money in exchange for giving away even more of your work. SWA wanted that work to go to El Salvador and AMFA was paid off to give it to them.

After only 3 days of talks it’s obvious that AMFA is now just a tool for the Company and will do whatever the Company wants. 3 (Total) Mechanics per Aircraft isn’t anything to crow about. 1 AMT, 1 Crew Chief and 1 GSE. 3 that’s it.

796 Aircraft times 3 Mechanics equals only 2388. That’s all SWA needs to maintain. 2388 Total Mechanics at SWA

Just to highlight some improvements; AMFA was able to nego an increase in Lic prem's, longevity, as well as more than double the upcoming "last" raise of our current contract by starting this new extension a full year earlier. Impressive to say the least, never in AMFA or SWA history has this been done until now. 12% increase in wages up front and almost 22% by the end of the extension's last raises just 3 years down the road. In house work will continue to grow as the co. expedites getting to 1,000 aircraft, and yes some outsourcing will continue along the same % growth as it always has from day one at SWA. More back shop work has already taken place as the lines in Dallas has tripled the work loads coming to some back shops. And the hangars will continue to be built around the system to accommodate the increases in work coming in house as well not to mention the increases in headcount as well, however, that will get easier now that there is a new extension that puts SWA AMT's at the top of the industry @ start of new extension all the way thru to the end and beyond. Not to mention the best bennies in the airline industry as well, including retirement and profit sharing. So send in those resume's fellow AMT's SWA is still hiring and expanding in a number of cities including Dallas...

Just to highlight some improvements; AMFA was able to nego an increase in Lic prem's, longevity, as well as more than double the upcoming "last" raise of our current contract by starting this new extension a full year earlier. Impressive to say the least, never in AMFA or SWA history has this been done until now. 12% increase in wages up front and almost 22% by the end of the extension's last raises just 3 years down the road. In house work will continue to grow as the co. expedites getting to 1,000 aircraft, and yes some outsourcing will continue along the same % growth as it always has from day one at SWA. More back shop work has already taken place as the lines in Dallas has tripled the work loads coming to some back shops. And the hangars will continue to be built around the system to accommodate the increases in work coming in house as well not to mention the increases in
IMG_6733.jpeg
headcount as well, however, that will get easier now that there is a new extension that puts SWA AMT's at the top of the industry @ start of new extension all the way thru to the end and beyond. Not to mention the best bennies in the airline industry as well, including retirement and profit sharing. So send in those resume's fellow AMT's SWA is still hiring and expanding in a number of cities including Dallas...

And yet you gave up two more heavy lines to Aeroman. Once again paying for your own raises with allowing more foreign outsourcing, nothing to be proud of.
IMG_6733.jpeg

Reactions: JimmyBop
If nothing else, I have to give credit for AMFA choosing expediency and disposing with the theatrics and chest thumping that you hear during everyone else's negotiations. Get an agreement before there's a recession, and go back to work. Nobody has time to hate on each other and create a toxic management-labor culture.

The other unions can play their games, engage in the typical negotiations saber rattling rhetoric, and drive bigger wedges between employees and the company, and while they might protect a little bit more work here and there or maybe get 25 cents an hour more, I'm not sure it's worth it if you have to be browbeaten and brainwashed into hating your employer to get there.

If nothing else, I have to give credit for AMFA choosing expediency and disposing with the theatrics and chest thumping that you hear during everyone else's negotiations. Get an agreement before there's a recession, and go back to work. Nobody has time to hate on each other and create a toxic management-labor culture.

The other unions can play their games, engage in the typical negotiations saber rattling rhetoric, and drive bigger wedges between employees and the company, and while they might protect a little bit more work here and there or maybe get 25 cents an hour more, I'm not sure it's worth it if you have to be browbeaten and brainwashed into hating your employer to get there.
Three days isn’t negotiations. It’s taking what the company offered. And once again. They sell out the Junior guys by allowing two more lines to foreign outsourcing.

Show me where any airline union got 25 cents. AMFA went seven years last time and got zero new work, allowed eight lines to be outsourced to Aeroman in San Salvador, that’s how they paid for their raise last time and now this time.

Since you hate unions and never been a member your bias clearly shows.

Like the unsubstantiated claim you made saying the TWU tried to get you fired. Clearly shows how you feel about unions.

And companies abuse the RLA and drag out negotiations all the time, they aren’t saints.

Last edited:

Just wait for the details of the rampers and flight attendants CBA's at Southwest before you praise AMFA. You're in for a rude awakening as you give props to those who, once again, continue to give away work for a raise. Oh wait...its the Teamsters fault! 🤣

Why can’t they at least gain raises without having to give up more work? And more work going out of the Country too.

So you give them credit that obviously SWA Management made a simple phone call to get together and said we want to make a deal to give your guys more money but you need to give up more of your work in exchange?

BTW the chest thumping is unfortunately sometimes the only way to fight to keep or gain work. I don’t want to have to sell my work for more cash.

And the expansion of going from 2.75 per Aircraft to 3.0 per Aircraft is nothing but smoke and mirrors since the current ratio is already over 3.5. This deal guarantees SWA can get that 3.5 down now to 3.0.

Just to highlight some improvements; AMFA was able to nego an increase in Lic prem's, longevity, as well as more than double the upcoming "last" raise of our current contract by starting this new extension a full year earlier. Impressive to say the least, never in AMFA or SWA history has this been done until now. 12% increase in wages up front and almost 22% by the end of the extension's last raises just 3 years down the road. In house work will continue to grow as the co. expedites getting to 1,000 aircraft, and yes some outsourcing will continue along the same % growth as it always has from day one at SWA. More back shop work has already taken place as the lines in Dallas has tripled the work loads coming to some back shops. And the hangars will continue to be built around the system to accommodate the increases in work coming in house as well not to mention the increases in headcount as well, however, that will get easier now that there is a new extension that puts SWA AMT's at the top of the industry @ start of new extension all the way thru to the end and beyond. Not to mention the best bennies in the airline industry as well, including retirement and profit sharing. So send in those resume's fellow AMT's SWA is still hiring and expanding in a number of cities including Dallas...

Any expanded work past 3.0 M&R per Aircraft is because SWA “Management” wants you to have that work. Not because AMFA negotiated it into your contract that you own that work.

For those of you who work there I’m glad that Management is being kind and generous to give you more work. Let’s hope they keep giving you work even though they don’t have to.

I will say that people came thru with what they said they would do a long time ago when it came to this time. Agree with you on getting it done and back to work as keep everything running smoothly. Now it's time to just move on. Very nice not having to worry about anything.