Southwest sends out WARN letters to 42 employees.

Flag on that post for early celebration!
Looks like Trump is demanding too big of changes for the direct payments and other stuff to throw a big enough monkey wrench into the whole PSP aid.
Buckle up boys and girls, come Jan 25th it may start to get ugly. Thanks a lot Trump for being a part of SWA's first time in history to furlough or layoff. You had both sides agreeing to a final/part package and he had to go screw all that up, so much for helping the working Americans...

"YOUR" Dear Leader
Congress had months to get things done, and rushed a bad deal thru hoping nobody had the balls to challenge it.

But now it's Trump's fault?

Shove your comment up your tailpipe. Country before company.

Ya RIIIIIIGHT, mister ' ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANICA ' !

NOTHING IS EVERY THE FAULT of the 'ORANGE BUFOON'.
(proud boys, KISSING Putins ASSSS, Mohammed Bin SALMAN, Kim JUNG FOOL, Disrespecting NATO, the list goes on for Eternity).

We've had TWO horrible plauges in the country. Covid-19 which the 'Buffon' did S**T about, and Donald L O S E R T-Rump !

After reading some of the bills' appropriations, seems as though a majority of Americans agree that a large percentage of the $900B is going overseas instead of helping millions of our citizens in this country get back on their feet. Unless we all put our foot down NOTHING will ever change. If that foot means WN has a temporary layoff, I believe a majority of the voters will tell you it's worth it.

Congress had months to get things done, and rushed a bad deal thru hoping nobody had the balls to challenge it.

But now it's Trump's fault?

Shove your comment up your tailpipe. Country before company.

Admittedly I have not read any of the bill at all. Been rather busy coming into Christmas.
On JR's post, why would we send any money overseas with COVID-19 aid packages? I agree 100% of that money should stay here to help Americans.
E., Just so you know I wasn't putting my co. before Country although my post may have indicated that, I did not mean to sound that way. Thx for pointing it out.
No, not Trumps fault, just disappointed that they still can't get this done. Like it has been pointed out before by congress leaders, the biggest % of this bill is the same as the republicans were trying to get thru before, a long time ago, only NOW we have a newly elected president from their side that may get to be President, and all of a sudden----POOF!! They have a deal that yes, you may be very correct that they were trying to rush something out without any time to be able to read thru it.
Pretty sure our Union and co. talks will pick up about concessions after Christmas is past.

"YOUR" Dear Leader
At least he is trying to get more $$$ to the American people. And I do believe E is correct, I am sure the dems used this very, very short couple of hours for folks to read upon thousands and thousands of pages of the bill, to insert some hidden agendas to slide by, so maybe Trump just did a very good thing challenging what was handed down as the bill.

So last night President Trump signed the aid package into law. Hopefully Southwest will put out a memo soon regarding putting off the furloughs and layoffs for now. This will get us thru March 2021, after that will be totally up to passengers coming back to the air unless Biden does do another package on his own at a later date. Not so sure if they will continue to help the airlines but they may.

Trump Signs Stimulus Package—Here’s What It Means For You

Good news, as promised, SWA is halting all pay cut request and furloughs for next year. This is sweet!!!

To be clear, we are halting all efforts to furlough or reduce Employees’ pay, and officially rescinding the WARN notices, furlough notices, notices of potential impact, and notices of pay reduction for Noncontract Employees that were previously sent.

We therefore do not anticipate the need to conduct any furloughs or pay cuts next year. Finally! 2020 brings us some good news.

Going thru my work emails this morning I ran across a memo from GK that says; "A Message From Gary, PSP Passes: No Layoffs or pay cuts in 2021."
Now does that mean all employees are covered for the entire year in 2021 for no layoffs or pay cuts? I ask this because the PSP is only covering until March 31st 2021. I do think if we can stick with the full year that in the second half we can slowly work our way back. Won't say we will be normal by end of 2021, but we should at least see some good improvements by end of 2021.
Thanks to all who put in an effort to get the PSP passed by congress. Hopefully it is enough to get all the airlines as well as small businesses back on their feet...

So I guess we are covered until end of 2021 after all. Just read this update from locals website; Hopefully it will never have to be addressed again...

AMFA ALR Update – January 2
January 2, 2021
To All AMFA Members at Southwest Airlines:
As you know on December 18th, we had completed the hearings for all three Expedited Arbitrations (AMT, App Tech, and FMT) for furlough protection. AMFA was to the point where briefs were due to the arbitrators starting next week.
We are pleased to communicate that all three cases are now officially history. The Arbitrators have been noticed of what is called a post-hearing stipulation which confirms that the cases are now moot because the RIF (reduction in force) has been canceled.
So, what that means is that AMFA members keep its contracts intact with no concessions through 2021. There will be no RIF, no job loss, and there will be no ruling issued and the grievances have been withdrawn without prejudice.
This is all good news for AMFA members and good news for Southwest Airlines. Your dedication to our craft has been nothing less than exceptional. We are proud to serve as your Airline Representatives.

In Solidarity,

Your AMFA–SWA Airline Representatives