AMFA/SWA AMT Contract Extension Nego's begin this month

I will say that people came thru with what they said they would do a long time ago when it came to this time. Agree with you on getting it done and back to work as keep everything running smoothly. Now it's time to just move on. Very nice not having to worry about anything.

You’re obviously a shill for SWA Management if you say giving away work as your in-house union is doing means you have nothing to worry about.

Explain how the guaranteed 3.0 heads per aircraft is a guarantee when today.... MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Attachments

• Mechanic Numbers.jpg
    Mechanic Numbers.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
Since you hate unions and never been a member your bias clearly shows.

Like the unsubstantiated claim you made saying the TWU tried to get you fired. Clearly shows how you feel about unions.
You have no idea if I've ever been a member of a union or not.

I can't prove that Jim Little didn't call Carmine Romano about me, or that there's probably still a letter in my file about it, or that I did see and sign that I'd read that letter when I was still on payroll.

But it happened. The PlaneBusiness forums shut down as a result. It's the reason these forums survived (PlaneBusiness was a much better place to hang out because the trolls and shills were booted equally).

Let's see you prove that didn't happen, Skippy.

Let's also see you prove I didn't belong to a union at any time in my 40+ years of working. You'll have to go back quite a bit to find that.

I'll wait.

If nothing else, I have to give credit for AMFA choosing expediency and disposing with the theatrics and chest thumping that you hear during everyone else's negotiations. Get an agreement before there's a recession, and go back to work. Nobody has time to hate on each other and create a toxic management-labor culture.

The other unions can play their games, engage in the typical negotiations saber rattling rhetoric, and drive bigger wedges between employees and the company, and while they might protect a little bit more work here and there or maybe get 25 cents an hour more, I'm not sure it's worth it if you have to be browbeaten and brainwashed into hating your employer to get there.

E I’m still waiting to read your response on why you’re giving credit to AMFA for rushing ahead to get more money by paying for it with more of their work? Yes I know you wrote “If nothing else” but do you really think this is the best solution to have labor peace?

Do you really think all AMFA members at SWA are going to sing Kumbaya with Management knowing they had to give a lot in return for their increased wages? Is the plan for AMFA to do this every time they come up for contract negotiations? What are they going to give up next?

You have no idea if I've ever been a member of a union or not.

I can't prove that Jim Little didn't call Carmine Romano about me, or that there's probably still a letter in my file about it, or that I did see and sign that I'd read that letter when I was still on payroll.

But it happened. The PlaneBusiness forums shut down as a result. It's the reason these forums survived (PlaneBusiness was a much better place to hang out because the trolls and shills were booted equally).

Let's see you prove that didn't happen, Skippy.

Let's also see you prove I didn't belong to a union at any time in my 40+ years of working. You'll have to go back quite a bit to find that.

I'll wait.
Prove it did happen all we have is hearsay.

You're the accuser. Burden of proof is all on you.

I find it unlikely that Jim Little himself would have placed a call to AA about you. Perhaps whatever it was you did or were doing caused enough concern that whoever was the ATD Director at the time made a call?

I’ll admit if I felt someone tried to get me fired I wouldn’t exactly be too kind with my words either. I might also not look in a mirror to figure out if I bore at least a little responsibility for the situation.

Revisited the AIP this morning a little bit, and overall I see this offer as being industry leading yes, but it is also right in line with all the inflation rates of the past, and if it continues to keep growing it won't be long before we start to fall behind a little bit, so hopefully it will all even out or even drop a little in near future.
It was a nice difference in nego's by the co this time around to actually get an increase in our final and last raise of last contract on Aug 2023. Increasing said raises from the average 3% up to nearly 12%, now that's 4 times larger than what we were suppose to get and yes, very well needed to keep up. And getting 21% increase over current at amendable date is also nice to see in order to keep up and surpass industry.
Good to see the company actually recognize the real industry leading pay and surpassing it right off bat in Aug 2023 as well as thru-out the contract all the way to amendable date in 2026. Now, yes and of course there will be new contracts amended between now and then, as noted UAL in 2025, AS is in nego now, and AA I think will open up in 2024 or 2025?? Not sure here. And we will probably see Delta do the usual and keep the unions out by giving yearly or at least every other year increases as they do well going forward.
With this AIP we are even closer to UPS, but as usual they will stay the leaders of aviation as they always have, however, we did surpass FedEx with this new AIP when it gets ratified by membership.
Link below to the new AIP, shouldn't be long before it turns into T/A and sent out for a month's long voting period...

Read More

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Revisited the AIP this morning a little bit, and overall I see this offer as being industry leading yes, but it is also right in line with all the inflation rates of the past, and if it continues to keep growing it won't be long before we start to fall behind a little bit, so hopefully it will all even out or even drop a little in near future.
It was a nice difference in nego's by the co this time around to actually get an increase in our final and last raise of last contract on Aug 2023. Increasing said raises from the average 3% up to nearly 12%, now that's 4 times larger than what we were suppose to get and yes, very well needed to keep up. And getting 21% increase over current at amendable date is also nice to see in order to keep up and surpass industry.
Good to see the company actually recognize the real industry leading pay and surpassing it right off bat in Aug 2023 as well as thru-out the contract all the way to amendable date in 2026. Now, yes and of course there will be new contracts amended between now and then, as noted UAL in 2025, AS is in nego now, and AA I think will open up in 2024 or 2025?? Not sure here. And we will probably see Delta do the usual and keep the unions out by giving yearly or at least every other year increases as they do well going forward.
With this AIP we are even closer to UPS, but as usual they will stay the leaders of aviation as they always have, however, we did surpass FedEx with this new AIP when it gets ratified by membership.
Link below to the new AIP, shouldn't be long before it turns into T/A and sent out for a month's long voting period...

Read More

AMFA at SWA in this agreement gave away more work for money. And it took them only 3 days to do it.

FACTS.

Read More
***UPDATE***

And there you have it, same day I posted that it shouldn't be long before we get a TA finalized and BAM there it is posted already. Let the voting begin...

AMFA and SWA finalize AIP into T/A and send out to membership for a vote., vote tally will be July 27th.

JOINT MEMO: CBA EXTENSION TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED
June 22, 2023 -- On June 3, 2023, we communicated that Southwest and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) had reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) to extend the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for our Mechanics and Related Employees through August 16, 2027.
Read More

• Haha
And you gave up two more lines to Aeroman to pay for your own raise once again. Funny you keep ignoring those facts.

Really shouldn't call the Mechanics new agreement a done deal just yet. As in the case of our F/A we are simply only at the level of an AIP turning into a T/A, it still has to be sent to the entire membership for a ratification vote or a rejection vote. As just seen in our F/A's agreement, theirs was also in a T/A form, but the membership decided to vote it down (rejection) so they will have to go back to the table and discuss their next moves. Big difference when your in full nego's and the Mechanics were simply offered an extension.

It was simply announced as a T/A, members still have to vote on it. So not quite a done deal as of yet. Here's where it was announced just 2 days ago as a T/A and no vote yet...

• Haha
And you gave up two more lines to Aeroman to pay for your own raise once again. Funny you keep ignoring those facts.

Really shouldn't call the Mechanics new agreement a done deal just yet. As in the case of our F/A we are simply only at the level of an AIP turning into a T/A, it still has to be sent to the entire membership for a ratification vote or a rejection vote. As just seen in our F/A's agreement, theirs was also in a T/A form, but the membership decided to vote it down (rejection) so they will have to go back to the table and discuss their next moves. Big difference when your in full nego's and the Mechanics were simply offered an extension.

It was simply announced as a T/A, members still have to vote on it. So not quite a done deal as of yet. Here's where it was announced just 2 days ago as a T/A and no vote yet...

The TWU FAs didn’t vote it down. There was no vote. The FA board of the WN TWU voted it down and didn’t send it out for a vote to the members.

The article headline clearly states it. Might want to actually learn what happened.