AMFA - Yes/No?

U

UAL_TECH

So, AMFA...
After our contract has been abrogated, what is the value of an incumbent union without a contract?

Thoughts???
Take Care,
UAL_TECH

So far the IAM has shown they have no value. I hope we are done with the IAM. When the judge tosses our contract into the trashcan there will be no reason to pay the IAM or any union. BUT I would rather have AMFA in my corner when it becomes time to negotiate years down the road. All unions are a business after your dues money. For that money they are supposed to provide a service. The IAM is not providing that service. At least for the mechanics it''s not. I will be stopping my payroll deduction of union dues this week. When the judge does his thing my dues come to a screeching halt. If AMFA gets in I will pay when we have representation.

To answer the topic.
AMFA YES

Don't worry fellow mechs. The contract will not be abrogated. The company and the union knows its better to have a consensual agreement rather than a court imposed agreement. Nobody wants a hostile workforce. As far as AMFA goes, I don't think they will make a difference at this time. I used to think that the IAM was doing everything but take care of us mechanics but they are actually doing everything they can to minimize the paycuts and jobs as much as possible like the other unions in the company.

As far as I'm concern, I don't really have a preference who represent us as long as they are doing a good job. Every unions are not perfect, all have strenght and weaknesses. It's good to have AMFA around because they create competition. Would I like to have AMFA represent us someday? Sure!! especially if the incumbent union does not do their job.

"Not stuck on a specific union"

United Machinists OK Tentative Contracts

Every Machinist except the machinist???
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot..................???

"The agreement, which must be approved by the union''s executive board and 23,000 employees, leaves mechanics as the only union group not to have settled on contract terms as the company''s May 1 deadline for voiding its contracts in bankruptcy court nears"

UT

My prediction is that we will have a tentative before the week is over. I just know that it''s not going to a court hearing for abrogation. I''m basing this on history and it''s in the best interest of all parties. Get ready because we are all not going to be happy with the agreement but it''s better than having a contract abrogated and have the company unilaterally impose work rules on us.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:50:02 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

They saved the Best for Last...bend over..here it comes.
9.gif
9.gif

----------------​
Yup, here it comes, grab your ankles. I bet you'd rather have the Judge give it to you since he is going to give it to you deeper huh?
9.gif
9.gif

----------------
On 4/9/2003 12:25:24 AM ual747mech wrote:

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:50:02 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

They saved the Best for Last...bend over..here it comes.

----------------​
Yup, here it comes, grab your ankles. I bet you''d rather have the Judge give it to you since he is going to give it to you deeper huh?

----------------​

WOW

I want to know if he will use a lubricant?

----------------
WOW

I want to know if he will use a lubricant?

----------------​

"No" So be very prepared. Prep yourself.

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:37:06 PM ual747mech wrote:

My prediction is that we will have a tentative before the week is over. I just know that it''s not going to a court hearing for abrogation. I''m basing this on history and it''s in the best interest of all parties. Get ready because we are all not going to be happy with the agreement but it''s better than having a contract abrogated and have the company unilaterally impose work rules on us.

----------------​

K, my next precidtion is this thing will pass with flying colors even my friend GATEMECH will vote this in. Unless he and WILLWORKFORFREE would rather have the judge give it to them without lubricant... JK

----------------
On 4/11/2003 10:59:28 PM ual747mech wrote:

----------------
On 4/8/2003 11:37:06 PM ual747mech wrote:

----------------​

K, my next precidtion is this thing will pass with flying colors even my friend GATEMECH will vote this in. Unless he and WILLWORKFORFREE would rather have the judge give it to them without lubricant... JK

----------------​
ual747mech,
I''ll wager that this POS will be voted down, and Da''Judge will have to do his ruling without capitulation of 141M.

IMHO!!!

Take Care,
UAL_TECH

----------------
On 4/13/2003 4:58:20 AM UAL_TECH wrote:

----------------
----------------​
ual747mech,
I''ll wager that this POS will be voted down, and Da''Judge will have to do his ruling without capitulation of 141M.

IMHO!!!

Take Care,
  UAL_TECH

----------------​
K, I''ll double down on that. Of all people, I thought you''ve learned your lesson from the last take it to da Judge bravado. Oh well, you can vote "no" if you like but it will only get worse.

Btw, do you think we can improve this by voting it down? Do you think the IAM will capitulate or fight? Do you think we will accomplish anything if we struck the company after their proposal gets implemented after the contract gets abrogated? Just wanna ask your honest opinion cause you seem to be a smart fella.

Take care homy

----------------
On 4/13/2003 11:29:44 AM ual747mech wrote:

----------------
On 4/13/2003 4:58:20 AM UAL_TECH wrote:

----------------
----------------​

ual747mech,
I''ll wager that this POS will be voted down, and Da''Judge will have to do his ruling without capitulation of 141M.

IMHO!!!

Take Care,
UAL_TECH

----------------​
K, I''ll double down on that. Of all people, I thought you''ve learned your lesson from the last take it to da Judge bravado. Oh well, you can vote "no" if you like but it will only get worse.

Btw, do you think we can improve this by voting it down? Do you think the IAM will capitulate or fight? Do you think we will accomplish anything if we struck the company after their proposal gets implemented after the contract gets abrogated? Just wanna ask your honest opinion cause you seem to be a smart fella.

Take care homy

----------------​
ual747mech,
If you remember, I was ''FOR'' PEBI, PEBII, and ATSB votes.
(I was looking at this from an ''OWNERS'' perspective, much to the chagrin of my peers.)
If ''ANYONE'' believes that Da''Judge will give them a better deal, they should not be working on aircraft!!!

The choice is:
A) ''6 years'' of this contract, and the iam.
B) Da''Judge with the hope of AMFA at Chapter 11 exit.
That''s the crux of it.

It is for all of us to evaluate on an individual basis.
I can understand both sides of this issue, and will certainly not berate anyone for their decision.

Pick One!
-IMHO-
Take Care Bro,

UAL_TECH

UT,

What makes you think we''re stuck with the IAM if this gets voted in? The thing about AMFA is I don''t like their timing. Why couldn''t they have waited for everything to settle like they did at NWA. Yeah, yeah I know they''re about to lose a lot of cards from expiration. AMFA''s strategy at UAL is hurting their cause rather helping it. Also what''s happening at NWA with all their massive mechanic layoffs and base closure with AMFA not being able to stop it immediately is making people think twice.

Like I said before, I think it''s good to have AMFA around because it creates competition.

"Not stuck on a specific union."

Take Care,

Ual747mech