AMP....What a joke!

strikeforce

Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
I get the feeling that AMP doesn't care about the Line stations. Sure, you can go on the AMP website and read all about their expectations and how they're going to be different than the TWU, but unless we actually hear it out of the AMP Steering Committees mouth and meet the guys personally.....I'm teetering on sticking with the TWU. I don't believe AMP is the answer. Professional negotiators? Fine, but unless you change the structure of negotiations.....TWU all over again. People can argue about Int'l presidents and appointments, but let's get to the meat and potatoes regarding negotiations......as long as TUL, and the bases control the process, we ALL don't have an equal say regarding pay, benefits, and work rules. So far I haven't heard one AMP organizer tell me it's going to be different. So, one would have to assume it's no different than the TWU.

I get the feeling that AMP doesn't care about the Line stations. Sure, you can go on the AMP website and read all about their expectations and how they're going to be different than the TWU, but unless we actually hear it out of the AMP Steering Committees mouth and meet the guys personally.....I'm teetering on sticking with the TWU. I don't believe AMP is the answer. Professional negotiators? Fine, but unless you change the structure of negotiations.....TWU all over again. People can argue about Int'l presidents and appointments, but let's get to the meat and potatoes regarding negotiations......as long as TUL, and the bases control the process, we ALL don't have an equal say regarding pay, benefits, and work rules. So far I haven't heard one AMP organizer tell me it's going to be different. So, one would have to assume it's no different than the TWU.
Hey Strikeforce, have you contacted any AMP organizers at your line station or emailed any questions or concerns to the AMP website?

Hey Strikeforce, have you contacted any AMP organizers at your line station or emailed any questions or concerns to the AMP website?
I have talked to the organizers @ ORD, and they too have questions regarding many issues. I would like to meet the steering committee members to get a better idea of their thought process. I just don't understand why the steering members won't go to the line stations? Please enlighten me.

I have talked to the organizers @ ORD, and they too have questions regarding many issues. I would like to meet the steering committee members to get a better idea of their thought process. I just don't understand why the steering members won't go to the line stations? Please enlighten me.

Well as one of the steering committee members I can tell you that one of the reasons we have not traveled to the line stations is money we would have to rent a hotel room to meet in and attempt tp get enough peo[ple interested in coming' that said a group of us are willing to come to ord to meet with you and anyone else who have questios. send me a message of when and where AND WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO MAKE IT!

One more thing you should bare in mind AMP was created to give you a choice you say you might just stick with the TWU well when we are gone that will be your only choice something to think about. Of course at that time you could start a drive yourself and put thousands of your own money into it and be called a joke by someone who does not know you or take the time to set up a meeting to get their questions answered.

For those who ar are reading this that may not understand who or what AMP is let me say this AMP was a idea that was put together by a group of guys back in 2005 it never got off the ground because of funding and burnout of the men and women who had just spent the last 6 years pushing AMFA at AA only to have the company and the goverment steal or election, that idea set lifeless until the TWU brought back the concessionary T/A last year.

At that time we felt we could no longer standby and do nothing so we formed a steering committee and once again started pushing for the removal of the TWU from the property, there is no national group funding or push we have only donations and our own bank accounts to drive AMP to say the least it is going to be difficiult and we do not have the resources to show up at every station to convince those there to sign a card we believe it should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention at all over the last 20 years that the TWU is corrupt and we have a duty to remove them as our leadership and put in place a democratic union run by the members for the members. if you have read the constitution you will see that is the idea we strive fo,r the constitution is based on that of our pilots so we know it works, I ask you what else would you have us do, the choice is yours make it!

AMP a joke? What makes you say that? The fact that the twu international did not sponsor a team doesn't strike your funny bone yet 5 AMTs who represent AMP and spend their own money and time to stand up for our craft is hilarious?

AMP takes 1st Place in the MRO/OEM Category and in turn raises the bar for the level of competition competition wide and you make sarcastic comments? Where were you and 4 other AMTs? Why didn't you enter and stand up for the craft? Better yet, where was twu international?

AMP will become certified at AA and the fact that they showed the industry that they represent some of the finest AMTs in the industry is no joke.

Congratulations to Team AMP and all the teams the stood up for our craft.

GO AMP!

Well as one of the steering committee members I can tell you that one of the reasons we have not traveled to the line stations is money we would have to rent a hotel room to meet in and attempt tp get enough peo[ple interested in coming' that said a group of us are willing to come to ord to meet with you and anyone else who have questios. send me a message of when and where AND WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO MAKE IT!

One more thing you should bare in mind AMP was created to give you a choice you say you might just stick with the TWU well when we are gone that will be your only choice something to think about. Of course at that time you could start a drive yourself and put thousands of your own money into it and be called a joke by someone who does not know you or take the time to set up a meeting to get their questions answered.
First, I'm not calling you or your organizers a joke, instead I'm calling the selling or marketing process AMP has employed in order to win the business of the membership, a joke. It's quite obvious that a financially stable organization will benefit the membership more than a start-up organization, especially if you intend on hiring professional negotiators and other professional consultants during negotiations. The membership is going on 8 years without real wages, and the last thing the membership wants to hear from an organization trying to displace the current agent on the field is that it doesn't have the resources to finance negotiations, let alone making a trip to ORD.
With that said, I don't have a problem displacing the TWU with AMP. However, AMP must be able to persuade a group of disgruntled, money hungry, and yet passive, individuals called AA mechanics that AMP will do a better job at the table representing ALL parties. I say passive because many are sympathetic to the TWU for providing stable employment and keeping jobs, that perhaps would get farmed out, in TUL and the bases, in exchange for lower wages and benefits, as compared to their counterparts at SWA and UPS. Look, the membership has been beaten so bad that people just don't care anymore. They have lost interest in negotiations, and don't even attend union meetings. To be frank, if the membership really cared about displacing the TWU, AMP probably would have had 10,000 cards in the first week. AMP must portray itself as the savior, and I just don't see it. Probably because most don't know who you are, and want to see a face behind the name.

For those who ar are reading this that may not understand who or what AMP is let me say this AMP was a idea that was put together by a group of guys back in 2005 it never got off the ground because of funding and burnout of the men and women who had just spent the last 6 years pushing AMFA at AA only to have the company and the goverment steal or election, that idea set lifeless until the TWU brought back the concessionary T/A last year.

At that time we felt we could no longer standby and do nothing so we formed a steering committee and once again started pushing for the removal of the TWU from the property, there is no national group funding or push we have only donations and our own bank accounts to drive AMP to say the least it is going to be difficiult and we do not have the resources to show up at every station to convince those there to sign a card we believe it should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention at all over the last 20 years that the TWU is corrupt and we have a duty to remove them as our leadership and put in place a democratic union run by the members for the members. if you have read the constitution you will see that is the idea we strive fo,r the constitution is based on that of our pilots so we know it works, I ask you what else would you have us do, the choice is yours make it!

So they pushed AMFA, yet voted to put TWA at the bottom! When I vote years before not to put AMFA/Ozark at the bottom! I still remember when AMFA came to KC, ( I was AMFA surporter at the time) I ask them point blank if they vote for us! He wouldn't even look me in the eye, just said, we could work something out! And I should trust them!! Have not seen one flyer about AMP at Dallas!

So they pushed AMFA, yet voted to put TWA at the bottom! When I vote years before not to put AMFA/Ozark at the bottom! I still remember when AMFA came to KC, ( I was AMFA surporter at the time) I ask them point blank if they vote for us! He wouldn't even look me in the eye, just said, we could work something out! And I should trust them!! Have not seen one flyer about AMP at Dallas!
It's rare to see one in TUL also. TWU has shop stewards removing them when ever one is spotted.

It's rare to see one in TUL also. TWU has shop stewards removing them when ever one is spotted.
I use to have fliers stay up for weeks at AFW, now they are being removed the same day. Cards keep coming in, and shirts still selling, the AMP bashing has also picked up. I love it!!

I use to have fliers stay up for weeks at AFW, now they are being removed the same day. Cards keep coming in, and shirts still selling, the AMP bashing has also picked up. I love it!!
very difficult to displace a long lasting incumbant organization with an unknown. AMFA was well known throughout the airline industry, and they had a hard time getting rid of the TWU. TWU & AA in bed together, and they will do whatever it takes to kill AMP's movement.

very difficult to displace a long lasting incumbant organization with an unknown. AMFA was well known throughout the airline industry, and they had a hard time getting rid of the TWU. TWU & AA in bed together, and they will do whatever it takes to kill AMP's movement.
With that being said, why would you even consider a union that favors the company and not the worker? We are closer than you think with this card drive, we are focused, and we will get it done.

You are right about it being hard to dump an incumbent union but it can be done. When we finally had enough of the IAM at NWA the IAM had always beat back any threats from AMFA but this time the IAM knew we were serious about dumping them. So the IAM spent millions sent TWA flight attendants to the airport to ambush us on our way into work with propaganda as well as setting up a separate district ( too little too late) and sent video tapes to every members house. Also the IAM had house advantage as AMFA was not allowed on the property. AMFA for the most part succeeded in winning over the IAM mostly because of Dennis Sandersons "The Mechanic" website. Where the IAM's miserable record in representing the mechanics was made public to the masses. Even after we won the vote the IAM filed a protest and the NMB (having former IAM members on it) made sure it took well over a year after that before we finally rid ourselves of the IAM.

With that being said, why would you even consider a union that favors the company and not the worker? We are closer than you think with this card drive, we are focused, and we will get it done.
The day the next contract proposal comes out,we will know if the twu is done.
If they drag it out much longer we need to get rid of them and MOVE ON!

You are right about it being hard to dump an incumbent union but it can be done. When we finally had enough of the IAM at NWA the IAM had always beat back any threats from AMFA but this time the IAM knew we were serious about dumping them. So the IAM spent millions sent TWA flight attendants to the airport to ambush us on our way into work with propaganda as well as setting up a separate district ( too little too late) and sent video tapes to every members house. Also the IAM had house advantage as AMFA was not allowed on the property. AMFA for the most part succeeded in winning over the IAM mostly because of Dennis Sandersons "The Mechanic" website. Where the IAM's miserable record in representing the mechanics was made public to the masses. Even after we won the vote the IAM filed a protest and the NMB (having former IAM members on it) made sure it took well over a year after that before we finally rid ourselves of the IAM.
How did that work out for you?

And who were the former IAM on the three person NMB?

And if they had dealing with the IAM they would have to recluse themselves from a vote.