AMR $2.70 / Share !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWAFA007

Advanced
Sep 2, 2002
Aloha,
Another 007 downward AMR call. Now that AMR has hit my $3 call. Im calling for at least another 10% drop. The 3Q report out 10/16 is not going to be good. It will be followed by a bad 4Q too. AMR will lose another Billion dollars in the 3 & 4Q. Then there is the war factor. Add some pension fund questions and you have a lot of downward pressure.
AMR, I believe, for the first time will have to come to the employees for money. It wont have much choice as other airlines reduce their employee costs. Look for more lay offs too in the 4Q and early 1Q. Just IMHO.
ALOHA, 007

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/11/2002 9:36:05 AM TWAFA007 wrote:

Another 007 downward AMR call. Now that AMR has hit my $3 call. Im calling for at least another 10% drop.

----------------
[/blockquote]

AMR never hit $3 -- it hit $3.01

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/11/2002 9:36:05 AM TWAFA007 wrote:
[P]Aloha,[BR][BR]Another 007 downward AMR call.[/P]
[P][STRONG]wow, for a guy hoping for recall you sure are a negativce sum***** aint ya?[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P] Now that AMR has hit my $3 call. Im calling for at least another 10% drop. [/P]
[P][STRONG]best check the numbers,amr is up 7.25% as of 1010am[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]The 3Q report out 10/16 is not going to be good.[/P]
[P][STRONG]duhhhh[/STRONG][/P]
[P] It will be followed by a bad 4Q too.[/P]
[P][STRONG]duhhhhhh[/STRONG][/P]
[P] AMR will lose another Billion dollars in the 3 & 4Q.[/P]
[P][STRONG]well better update youer resume and become an analyst[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P] Then there is the war factor.[/P]
[P][STRONG]which will kick just about every airline in the ass[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P] Add some pension fund questions and you have a lot of downward pressure.[/P]
[P][STRONG]read that all of the airlines are having pension issues,so i suppeose they arent gonna experience that same pressure?[/STRONG][BR][BR]AMR, I believe, for the first time will have to come to the employees for money.[/P]
[P][STRONG]hell carty should hire you,you got all the answers[/STRONG][/P]
[P] It wont have much choice as other airlines reduce their employee costs. [/P]
[P][STRONG]like usair? in bankruptcy court?[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]ALOHA, 007[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

Black Wind, nice handle, very macho. You should get spell-check though.

TWA007, naughty, naughty, enough gloom and doom already.

Relax everyone Uncle Carl is just around the corner.

Looks like the market behaved the exact opposite of what you wanted, 007. AMR closed up almost 18% today at $3.70 (still down from about $9 a month ago...). Then again, all of the airlines bounced back today, except for ATA and UAL -- both fell slightly today.

I'm sure AMR will have another downward spike when earnings come out, but it will probably be nowhere near as bad as it would have been had they not already gone public with the $990M writedown this past Tuesday.

My guess is that we're going to see it hovering in the $3.50-$5.00 range for another few weeks.

$2.70? That's way to high, it will be nearly zero as we follow UAL into bankruptcy.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]007,[/P]
[P]Well, two weeks later and the stock price is nearly double what you predicted. I hope the rest of your portfolio is doing better than your speculations on AMR. Let me know the next time you think it's going to drop, and I'll buy some! No offense intended, as my broker told me a similar thing after my plunge into the tech funds ended badly. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/14.gif'] [/P]
[P]Seriously, though, AMR hasn't had much time to take advantage of the savings from the cutbacks (although many employees are feeling the pain already). It will take some time for the company to fully take advantage of this, but it's starting to happen and costs will continue to decline over the next several months. This should start to bring some much needed stability. [/P]
[P]Personally, I think this stock has seen the bottom (barring any future accidents/terrorist acts of course). We'll probably have the usual seasonal peaks and dips, but I'm hopeful that these painful cuts will set us up for much better times in the not-too-distant-future. [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

How 'bout that close on the ticker today!

Above $7,...anyone esle got any hot tips?

[P][FONT size=1]I grabbed 2,000 shares at $3.18, I've realized a 100% profit on my investment and cashed out.I am still underwater on all of the shares I own via the employee stock purchase plan, but I am happy with my short term gains.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]If you bought on the open market, this is a time to trim your position.I'd expect to see some serious profit taking when the market opens this morning.[/FONT][/P]

I got into UA when it was $1.14 per share and I do believe I'm going to sit on it for a while - it has more than quadrupled in value. Provided they are able to avoid a BK filing, they should be one of the strongest transportation stocks 8-12 months from now.

USAirways looks promising at 0.54 - and when they emerge from bankruptcy...and they will, I see that 0.54 jumping to $9-$12 within six months of emerging from BK.

I snapped up a minimal amount of AA when they rock bottomed at 2.71, but I don't have enough confidence in current management to go hog wild with investing in them, since you've got a doddering old fool as CEO and a middle-aged backstabber chomping at his heels for his job.

There is some money to be made on the heels of the industry's depressed state....if you have the extra cash and the balls to ride it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.