AMR chief says...

That would be stock clerk and should i go through my education and experience level?

I think you are wrong, never was on an MSN Blog.

Local Lodge Trustee, Local Lodge Recording Secretary, Shop Steward, Organizer, Bylaw Committee, Editor (Won numerous awards), District Lodge Rep and Communicator.

Trained by the man who organized the IAM at US in 1949.

Leadership I, II, II, Train the Trainer, Basic Editor, Advanced Editor, Web Training.

Negotiating Committee Member.

Numerous other training and committee work.

Reactions: 1 person
This.

Doug Parker cannot carry Willie's jockstrap.

Walsh has had AA in his cross-hairs for years now, BA/AA would have been completed long ago and AA would never have had to go into bankruptcy. But US law and our government politicos, don't really want the US airlines to get too big, and certainly not be a turned into a strong foreign global conglomerate.

Mayhem is what our government wants in the airlines so that your jobs can never be secure and fares continue to spiral downward.

As long as the US bankruptcy laws permit failing air carriers to recycle themselves, airfares and your wages will continue to drop.

Local Lodge Trustee, Local Lodge Recording Secretary, Shop Steward, Organizer, Bylaw Committee, Editor (Won numerous awards), District Lodge Rep and Communicator.

Leadership I, II, II, Train the Trainer, Basic Editor, Advanced Editor, Web Training.

Yet with all your training, you attempt to belittle someone for their class and craft just because they don't agree with you.
Is that what they taught you in union school?
Yes, I know some AMFA members have been less than kind to other job skills but does 2 wrongs make a right?
I have never agreed to the division of labor and I believe my posts reflect that.
Try it, you might like it.
B) xUT

Reactions: 3 people
It is because the Unsecured Creditors Committee requires the agreements to approve a POR, not because the LAW requires it. Why are there so many uninformed and thick skulled humans in this profession?

Doesn't really matter who or what requires it, the point is the requirement normally will exist.
Unifnformed and thick skulled?? When did you become the expert?
Now you're a bankruptcy lawyer? How many companies have your represented in bankruptcy court?

Show documentation where it says the uCC requires the consenual agreements.

Unifnformed and thick skulled?? When did you become the expert?
Now you're a bankruptcy lawyer? How many companies have your represented in bankruptcy court?

Show documentation where it says the uCC requires the consenual agreements.
Now you did it. Now he's going to be whining that you're picking on him.

Wow, You would qualify to be Local 514 President.
Move to Tulsa

Now you did it. Now he's going to be whining that you're picking on him.

Your contributions to the discussion keep getting less on topic and are becoming more child like.

After you spent your first weeks here trying to get the discussion more adult like, you now contribute like a child.

Are you a sheep follower or a leader?

Your contributions to the discussion keep getting less on topic and are becoming more child like.

After you spent your first weeks here trying to get the discussion more adult like, you now contribute like a child.

Are you a sheep follower or a leader?
See what I mean

REFOCUSING on the topic.

He hasn't gotten his own unions signed on that end...good luck in him promising (and signing) the US employees what he promised AA.. <_<
Any sane person will be more inclined to believe what one has DONE rather than just what one SAYS.
US might promise AA employees huge improvements over what they have - but the question will always be why that hasn't happened for his own people already... and if he can do it once AA is part of US for AA people, then it would seem that AA people will be subsidizing US people's salary increases... I'm not sure that many AA employees are in the "giving" mode right now.
Walsh has had AA in his cross-hairs for years now, BA/AA would have been completed long ago and AA would never have had to go into bankruptcy. But US law and our government politicos, don't really want the US airlines to get too big, and certainly not be a turned into a strong foreign global conglomerate.

Mayhem is what our government wants in the airlines so that your jobs can never be secure and fares continue to spiral downward.

As long as the US bankruptcy laws permit failing air carriers to recycle themselves, airfares and your wages will continue to drop.

The world from the perspective of AA employees certainly looks darker and grimmer than ever yet the evidence is that the the US airline is in better shape financially and operationally than it has been in a very long time.
All of the remaining airlines are larger than they were before deregulation and have larger market shares than the top airlines had pre-deregulation.

With the exception of AA and F9 (who is making significant improvements in its own finances), the US airline industry is financially stable and relatively healthy.
With the exception of UA, US airlines are flying fuller planes with a better operation than has ever existed before.

Depending on what actually takes place with the UA contracts, more than half of the US network carrier employees are seeing improvements in their salaries after years of stagnation, esp. when you factor in profit sharing which has boosted DL and UA employee salaries together more than $1B over the past couple of years.

The industry will never be what it was for employees pre-deregulation but then neither will alot of jobs in the US... but the US airlines are better off than they have been in decades and their employees are starting to benefit from it.

Reactions: 2 people
What I know is that former Pan Am, Braniff, Eastern and TWA flight attendants with whom I work all are saying the same thing..."We have heard and sung all the verses of this song before. The steps they are taking to "reorganize" have been taken before to no avail. Brace yourselves for impact."

What we've seen so far is that the POR is pretty much warmed over "Cornerstone" strategy. Difference is that we will be expected to try harder for less money/benefits. Does anyone see success in this approach?

REFOCUSING on the topic.

Any sane person will be more inclined to believe what one has DONE rather than just what one SAYS.
US might promise AA employees huge improvements over what they have - but the question will always be why that hasn't happened for his own people already... and if he can do it once AA is part of US for AA people, then it would seem that AA people will be subsidizing US people's salary increases... I'm not sure that many AA employees are in the "giving" mode right now.

The world from the perspective of AA employees certainly looks darker and grimmer than ever yet the evidence is that the the US airline is in better shape financially and operationally than it has been in a very long time.
All of the remaining airlines are larger than they were before deregulation and have larger market shares than the top airlines had pre-deregulation.

With the exception of AA and F9 (who is making significant improvements in its own finances), the US airline industry is financially stable and relatively healthy.
With the exception of UA, US airlines are flying fuller planes with a better operation than has ever existed before.

Depending on what actually takes place with the UA contracts, more than half of the US network carrier employees are seeing improvements in their salaries after years of stagnation, esp. when you factor in profit sharing which has boosted DL and UA employee salaries together more than $1B over the past couple of years.

The industry will never be what it was for employees pre-deregulation but then neither will alot of jobs in the US... but the US airlines are better off than they have been in decades and their employees are starting to benefit from it.
From someone who has lived, and worked, both sides of deregulation, what you say about the Airlines may be true, but it's employees? ------ I don't think so!!! ------Their jobs, and livelyhoods, have been outsourced along with the jobs of thousands of other Americans in the name of a "global economy!" If ever, God forbid,------ if ever we have to defend ourself, we will be in a world of hurt!!!

I have never said nor ever would say that deregulation has benefitted airline employees. I'm not sure that will ever be true.
But while the world from the perspective of airline employees has looked pretty dark, there are plenty of other American industries that have suffered as much if not more than what has happened in the US airline industry. Steel, heavy consumer goods manufacturing (automobile, appliances etc) took big hits and probably will never be what it once was either.
I'm not sugar-coating what airline employees have suffered but what they have suffered in the context of other American industries is not any worse and perhaps alot better than other industries.
The airline industry is a service industry in which a large part of the jobs cannot be shipped overseas so jobs must be done by Americans. Regional flying that was outsourced is not near as profitable as it once was but also outsourcing is not as necessary for carriers that achieve enough mass and efficiency that mainline employees can do the jobs, even if with a subset of employees that make less than some of their peers did in the past or even today - by virtue of B scale type wage structures.

yes, TW, PA, and EA employees experienced all of this a long time ago - but they also didn't adapt and figure out how to win. Look at AA, DL, UA,US, and WN - all of which were smaller relative to the industry 35 years ago than they are today.
The US airline industry is more about "trading places" than outright elimination of the industry as happened w/ some US industries. US companies as a whole are much more efficient than they were 30 years ago - even 10 years ago, and that has certainly been true for airlines. Wages have fallen and benefits have diminished - but that is not exclusive to the airline industry.
But there are companies that have succeeded and their employees have fared better than the average and if UA employees follow DL employees in recapturing big chunks of what was lost in BK, then you have 3 large US airlines - DL, UA, and WN - with above average compensation and others with below average compensation.

AA's position in that ranking is very much in the balance - and alot depends on how successfully it can restructure.

The difficulty is that AA is trying to cut salaries and positions at the time when other carriers are beginning to reinstate alot of the losses that those employees incurred 5-10 years ago.
But AA has also not regained its financial strength, something those other carriers have regained over the past several years.

While airline employees still bear alot of wounds from deregulation and restructuring, the trend is toward finally maintaining the status quo if not slowly recouping rather than cutting which is what has defined most of the past 35 years for airline employees.

I have never said nor ever would say that deregulation has benefitted airline employees.

finally maintaining the status quo if not slowly recouping rather than cutting which is what has defined most of the past 35 years for airline employees.

Finally? there is no finality when the US Bankruptcy courts permit financially crippled carriers to reimerge as whole again.

So what's the sense in giving concession after concession when in the end, there is no end.?

Latest posts