AMR Hits Yet Another 52 Week Low

" J C....ALMIGHTY" !!

I get SO F***ING FRUSTRATED at all this BULL SHET that's going on(fuel/stocks etc etc etc) when there is "Gold in them thar hills" just waiting to be plucked up, using a little Ingenuity.

MEANING, that the SMARTEST thing I've read on here, in a loooong time, was posted by FWAAA just the other day.

SIT DOWN with Doug(I'm only too happy to "lets make a DEAL") Steenland, and work out a fuuking dynamite..PREPACKAGED BK DEAL, that can "cure" ALL of NW's and AA's problems(like old shetty a/c, and anything else that needs to be jettisoned)

On paper, if someone were to combine AA's strenghts like JFK-LAX/SFO/LHR, South america, MIA hub, DFW hub......with NW's "stranglehold on MSP/DTW", and ALL the Oriental dynasty's, I fail to see if oil were $200 a Bl. that the "new" company(s) would'nt make money !!!!!!

Maybe AA should wait until "uncle Doug" hooks up with DL :down: :down:

"GET OFF the fuuking POT, and DO SOMETHING......NOW" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Friggin MORONS) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bears, can I remind you that "on paper" the TWA/AMR deal looked good, too....

And we know how well it's worked out....

Rumor has it that NW/DL talks have been going since Anderson took on the CEO job at DL. Trying to "do the deal" with AMR is suicidal, especially because all three of AMR's unions will want their pound of flesh.

If you ask me, the "friggin' morons" are the ones who fell for crocodile tears and voted for Hillary yesterday.... ;)

Maybe AA should wait until "uncle Doug" hooks up with DL :down: :down:

"GET OFF the fuuking POT, and DO SOMETHING......NOW" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Friggin MORONS) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You give me far too much credit, Bears; all I did was distill and compile the thoughts of others around here.

This morning, I'm thinking that it's over. NW and DL are gonna end up merging. I don't even see AA entering the bidding war.

Remember a couple months ago when I concluded that NW's China and NRT operations weren't as important as they used to be? I need to re-read that and re-convince myself, since it's looking likely that AA is gonna have to go it alone against a combined NW/DL.

Bears, can I remind you that "on paper" the TWA/AMR deal looked good, too....

And we know how well it's worked out....

Rumor has it that NW/DL talks have been going since Anderson took on the CEO job at DL. Trying to "do the deal" with AMR is suicidal, especially because all three of AMR's unions will want their pound of flesh.

If you ask me, the "friggin' morons" are the ones who fell for crocodile tears and voted for Hillary yesterday.... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E,

"HARDLY"

I was one who voted for HILLARY.
After that valiant(NH :up: ) win, The "COMEBACK KID--Part 2" will(now) waltz into the WH :up:

(Although you, your vote, and Mike(Alleluia) HUCKLEBERRY, will "give it your best shot to prevent it)

Maybe when the ANGER gets Sooo bad within you E, (come 1/20/09), you'll finally realize WHO was the ROOT CAUSE of it all.
I'll give you a Hint.
He's from TEX-A$$...............and looks like a Chimpanzee :blink: :blink: :blink:

"NW and DL are gonna end up merging. I don't even see AA entering the bidding war."

Well, of course they are!

Many believe that was the intent when they both filed for Chapter 11 protection at virtually the same time. It just had to wait for a while and settle so it wouldn't look so much like collusion - sorry, airlines can scheme on anything but fares.

Even though every legacy is hitting 52 week lows today, the group of airlines whose stock is actually UP on the day includes XJET, Mesa, MAIR and Great Lakes. What do they all have in common? They don't pay for a majority of their fuel - it's paid for by their legacy partners as part of the cost+ capacity purchase agreements. And the biggest one of all - Republic - is down slightly yet is still near its 52 week high.

Yet despite this, Arpey wants to divest Eagle so AA can begin paying real profit to someone else for regional feed instead of getting it for cost (as it does now).

AMR's total regional revenue is gonna be about $2.5 billion. Assuming (for purposes of illustration) that Eagle's portion is $2.3 billion of that (the other $200 million is American Connection at STL) and that Eagle's costs were $2.2 billion, a 10% margin to independent Eagle owners would mean $220 million out the door in profit to those new owners. At an 8% margin (somewhat on the low end), it would still equal $176 million.

If Arpey is still hell-bent to divest Eagle, I hope AMR realizes a big pile of money on the front end to help pay those profits to the new owners.

I'm still betting on a spin-off rather than an outright sale unless Arpey and minions do have , as you or E put it once or twice, a pre-packaged Chapter 11 filing in mind. It would suck mightily for the employees, but the BK filing would help the company and not enrich the execs through (no doubt) the additional executive additional stock grants and keeping Eaglet under the AMR umbrella with the corporation sucking up the profits you speak of rather than an outsider.

AMR stock has had an "inspirational" up tick today with a 7.18% increase or $0.85 overall. The stock at noon time has a showing of $12.69 per share vs. yesterday's drop off to $10.95

This represents an increase of just under $2.00 overall, or where it has leveled out for now at $1.74 increase. Very nice, very hopeful.

If the increase keeps up through the end of trading today, the stock could easily reach the 13.00 dollar mark again. Although this ping-pong valuation they keep going through can cause your head to spin, any increase at this point is positive and again, hopeful.

Lets just see where the paper ends up at 4:30 when trading closes. Those of you holding paper, keep your fingers crossed!

ETA:

Well, the after lunch update is in and by golly, she did it with a 16.47% jump, the stock goes into afternoon trading at $13.79 - Up 1.95 That will most likely be the high point for the day and it will begin to settle back down from there.

You give me far too much credit, Bears; all I did was distill and compile the thoughts of others around here.

This morning, I'm thinking that it's over. NW and DL are gonna end up merging. I don't even see AA entering the bidding war.

Remember a couple months ago when I concluded that NW's China and NRT operations weren't as important as they used to be? I need to re-read that and re-convince myself, since it's looking likely that AA is gonna have to go it alone against a combined NW/DL.

SADLY,...FWAAA...I agree.

With the US commercial aviation Industry virtually "drying up", in term of who moves on, and who gets fuuked, you can bet your A$$, that if CRANDALL was still around,...he wouldn't be standing Idly by, "playing pocket pool" like Arpey seems to be doing !!!!!

SADLY,...FWAAA...I agree.

With the US commercial aviation Industry virtually "drying up", in term of who moves on, and who gets fuuked, you can bet your A$$, that if CRANDALL was still around,...he wouldn't be standing Idly by, "playing pocket pool" like Arpey seems to be doing !!!!!

Not so fast, Bears - the WSJ is now saying that Delta will likely begin negotiations with both NW and UNITED and may choose between one of them:

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080110/delta_ual_northwest.html?.v=1

I may have lamented too soon. NW might still be available. B)

I was one who voted for HILLARY.

I rest my case.... ;)

After that valiant(NH :up: ) win, The "COMEBACK KID--Part 2" will(now) waltz into the WH :up:

(Although you, your vote, and Mike(Alleluia) HUCKLEBERRY, will "give it your best shot to prevent it)

Gary Hart won New Hampshire. How did he fare in that November election? Oh, that's right. He didn't even make it to the big game....

But this isn't the time or place politics. Let's meet after Super Tuesday and see how much things have changed.