AMR to Invest Up to $100 Million in AA Maintenance Services

not to worry you know as well as I do there will never be a strike at AA
and what did they do to fight enlighten me
So you call others cowards but can't even speak of how long you would be willing to strike. I'm willing to bet you'd scab day one and say, "I'm just happy to have this job."

Tell us what was cowardly at UAL, or do you have to wait till Monday to get some advice from your "lucky to have a job" club?

Let's get this thread back on topic. The only reason AA is putting 100 million into it's MRO facilities is so AMR can offload these facilities later. The maintenance bases are fixin to be "DALFORTED". AA is in the business of FLYING airplanes, not fixing them.

Let's get this thread back on topic.

Amen. Take the pissing contest to PM's...

The only reason AA is putting 100 million into it's MRO facilities is so AMR can offload these facilities later. The maintenance bases are fixin to be "DALFORTED". AA is in the business of FLYING airplanes, not fixing them.

Totally agree, as I said on the 29th (before this became just another scudfest). Air Canada just did it with ACE, and with the unions' blessing. My guess is that they're the model to be watching.

<_< --- Didn't Delta just cancel their 767 contract with ACE? Should tell you something! ;)

It wasn't ACE's performance. My guess is that ACE underbid the DL contract, or they grossly underestimated the impact, which is why AC 767's were sub'd out to AA last year. There's another rumor that ACE dropped it because they were also a shareholder in US, and DL fought the takeover bid. For whatever reason, ACE was able to get out of the contract when it came up for a cost review.

<_< ---- Whatever it was, it may be a positive for AA. I hear AA may have put in a bid for some of those 767's.

Latest posts

Back