AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
My senator is a very conservative Republican .... but even he realizes that not bailing it out is not an option.

Well, with the GOP candidate of the week stating in public that he thinks poor, black children should be put to work so they can learn how to get up in the morning and go to work on a regular basis--all the while millions of middle-class Americans are out of jobs sent overseas "to enhance shareholder value"--I don't think the Grand Old Party is going to look favorably on bailing out a government entity that can not donate to their re-election campaigns, and would only benefit middle class folks.

As the late, lamented Herman Cain might say, "if you are retired and broke because the PBGC collapsed, it's your own fault."

Well, with the GOP candidate of the week stating in public that he thinks poor, black children should be put to work so they can learn how to get up in the morning and go to work on a regular basis--all the while millions of middle-class Americans are out of jobs sent overseas "to enhance shareholder value"--I don't think the Grand Old Party is going to look favorably on bailing out a government entity that can not donate to their re-election campaigns, and would only benefit middle class folks.

As the late, lamented Herman Cain might say, "if you are retired and broke because the PBGC collapsed, it's your own fault."

Here is the actual quote with no mention of race. You are a race baiter! Shame on you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10771396 I am not defending Gingrich, only the truth. Now back to AMR please.

Last I read, the bailouts accounted for at least 8 trillion (some say as high as 17 trillion), which the institutions then lent back at higher interest rates making hundreds of billions in profit.
1319513190039a.jpg

Your poster is misleading. It is because capitalism was not state controlled or regulated that we are in this financial mess of an economy. We went several years with "there is no need for government to watch over the banks and Wall Street. They will self-regulate." Look what that got us.

Here is the actual quote with no mention of race. You are a race baiter! Shame on you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10771396 I am not defending Gingrich, only the truth. Now back to AMR please.

[edited I SAW Gingrich on tv with his announcement of his recommendation to Donald Trump that he start several apprenticeships in New York's worst black schools to teach the kids to get up in the morning and go to work. And, the only link you could find was to a website in New Zealand? Give me a break.

Your poster is misleading. It is because capitalism was not state controlled or regulated that we are in this financial mess of an economy. We went several years with "there is no need for government to watch over the banks and Wall Street. They will self-regulate." Look what that got us.

They did self-regulate in a fashion: they imploded just as they should have given their actions.

Gee, you are just a font of old news these days aren't you? Maybe you need to start getting up earlier in the morning. Once again, you've posted something that has a whole thread devoted to it that was started HOURS ago.

Don't criticize Scoop. He is convinced that everybody depends on him for all our aviation news, and that he's the only one with a connection to the internet.

Gee, you are just a font of old news these days aren't you? Maybe you need to start getting up earlier in the morning. Once again, you've posted something that has a whole thread devoted to it that was started HOURS ago.

Welcome to our world, we've been living with him for years................

I won't read through all 19 pages here but from what I have read I can get this: Most at AA are in for a RUDE awakening and many at US are delusional. NOBODY here from the armchair CEO pilot to the nitwits that write for the papers have a clue. As with when US went through the first bankruptcy, employees had no clue what to expect. AA employees are no different in that they feel many things are safe, off limits and sacred. Cash on hand and assets WILL NOT have any affect on what the company wants from you and WILL GET via the judge. So all of this "AA wants no part of US" and "My company is better/bigger than yours" means absolutely nothing. Be ready to be cut by the judge or shot by your management. If a merger between AA and US comes to fruition there is nothing anyone will do about it. I for one am all about job security and working for a strong carrier. If that means a merger has to happen so be it. Direct the attitude toward management not toward each other as employees or casual observers because you don't like someone's viewpoint. Nobody here is any the wiser unless you're in the room with Doug. ;)
Love it .. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back