And so it begins..

They just didn't want to get involved with this trailer mess.

The big question is, if US is a player, is the west included?

What US does have going for it is that is still a pretty significant amount of capacity, mostly secondary, that is a prime candidate to be removed. Someone may be interested just to shut it down, although major mergers between the other four would probably have the same result.
Actually, I'm hoping that the East pilots can dump ALPA before any potential merger takes place. At that point they get stapled and all hell breaks loose.

IMO, The IAM is trying to rush back, in panic mode, into negotiations because they want a US/UA merger and risks losing its members from NW or UA to Delta.

At any rate, merger talk is now out in the open and the environment is changing in this regards. To that end, it is imperative that the COC language get cleaned up if any new TA is to be accepted. The COC language, as is, is meaningless.

regards,

Hey, bud, thanks for the repeated summary of the last few posts.
:huh: ????

Gee... I didn't know you were the only one allowed to speculate and converse on this subject. :rolleyes:

And I was pretty much agreeing with you. JEEEZZZZ!

(Except for the part about DL & CO since DL is specifically interested in UA or NW.)

but we bring a whole lot of domestic and still a high percentage of east coast flying which is WHERE the money is domestically.
And it's domestic capacity that everyone says that there is too much of, which is why everyone but the lcc's are reducing domestic capacity and shifting it to international.

Jim

..... We had absolutely NO idea about the US/HP merger when it was announced. ....

Same goes for the United/USAir purchase. There was all kinds of speculation about AA or, etc. etc. etc. but virtually nothing on United. I had just one person whisper "United is buying USAir." And BAM!... it happened three days later.

Newspaper is full of distraction.

Hmmm. It seems not too long ago we all laughed at the idea of HP/US. Remember even the media picked on those who named the project bar-bell claiming it should be named project dumb-bell. Well it happened. Good or bad results depends on where you sit in the investment community. Most in the higher-ups made a ton of money. So I wouldn't discount ANY combination if the price is right... However I do think US has only two options. To either sit this out because we are the ugly girl at the dance or break up the company and sell off the pieces. Actually I have no idea... And neither does anyone else who frequents this board. But it's fun to speculate though huh? :p

Same goes for the United/USAir purchase. There was all kinds of speculation about AA or, etc. etc. etc. but virtually nothing on United. I had just one person whisper "United is buying USAir." And BAM!... it happened three days later.

Newspaper is full of distraction.

I totally agree!

What about us /Hawaiian? pick up some pacific stuff right away, and grow europe from within, I think hawaiian just ordered some big buses

Why isn't AA ever mentioned in any merger rumors? If DL-NW hook up, which causes UA-CO to merge, would AA just sit back and let it happen? Or would they try to grab up the last legacy carrier remaining which is US? That would leave 3 mega legacy carriers. Would the feds even allow that?

General consensus is that AA is too big to fully merge with another major airline.

From everything I read about the coming consolidation it is not about what can this airline bring to that airline, rather what can we cut out of the combined airlines to make more profit. It’s all about
reduction. The way I look at it we as a work force are better off left out while the big 4 go for it. With UA+DL they would have to give up some east flying mostly DCA (good for US) they would also ramp down
either SLC or DEN (good for US). I doubt there will be a DL+NW merger (not enough fat to cut) so NW+CO would probably hook-up and with that the end of CLE or MEM or both with EWR and DTW so close. With more capacity out its……(good for US). We have the most new aircraft on order and with a small purchase of say HA we could have a lot more wide body lift a way to get into the far east and the only other SYD service by a U.S. carrier + they have a large 330/350 order that would be nice. That said Parker could f%$& it all up, but I think we could do just fine without the big 4.

Latest posts

Back