Animal Rights vs. Human Rights

A police dog is NOT a pet, it is a working dog. Why would anyone think it was OK to pet a dog that is trained to take people down?

Sometimes the price of stupid is expensive.
Did you read my response? The handler said it was OK! The police use to allow people to pet the dog all the time. Even children. I don't know what your idea of a police dog is, but they are on alert when put on alert unless they sense danger.

And if anyone was stupid by your definition it would be the handler, who was a cop!

signals said:
Did you read my response? The handler said it was OK! The police use to allow people to pet the dog all the time. Even children. I don't know what your idea of a police dog is, but they are on alert when put on alert unless they sense danger.

And if anyone was stupid by your definition it would be the handler, who was a cop!
I read what you wrote. It changes nothing for me. The fact you would think it was OK for a a stranger to pet a police dog is proof enough to me you don't know a damn thing about dogs.

K9 UNITS ARE NOT PETS. THEY ARE WORKING DOGS. THEY ARE NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED LIKE A PET.

You are right about one thing though, the cop showed a serious lack of judgement when he let a stranger pet his dog.

signals said:
Actually, she was a friend of the handler, who said it was OK. Unbeknownst to her, the dog had issues. She sued, won but still scarred.

NEXT!
She probably won because the court recognized the cop used poor judgement. 

K9 UNITS ARE NOT PETS. THEY ARE WORKING DOGS. THEY ARE NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED LIKE A PET.

I read what you wrote. It changes nothing for me. The fact you would think it was OK for a a stranger to pet a police dog is proof enough to me you don't know a damn thing about dogs.

You are right about one thing though, the cop showed a serious lack of judgement when he let a stranger pet his dog.
SHE WASN'T A STRANGER TO THE DOG. And perhaps the dog wasn't on duty. Twist it to your liking, but police dogs are at the command of the handler. She worked for Northwest, and airline employees always were seen petting the dogs while they talked to the handler near their station.

You can quote the book as much as you want, but police often take their dogs home where they play with their kids. I find it laughable that your idea of police dogs makes them ruled by anarchy instead of command.

Keep twisting.

She probably won because the court recognized the cop used poor judgement. 

She won because the attack was UNPROVOKED! This particular dog was euthanized, because it wasn't an isolated incident. And btw, last I knew airport employees and the general public are allowed to pet the dog if the handler says it's OK. Dogs get downtime just like people.

My brother has a K-9 unit. Fa la Li ta TI do is clueless yet again. The dogs are treated like regular cop partners and are not "on" at all times.

The dog is not allowed to be around other dogs and is kept in a special kennel at the home while off duty. The handler determines who can interact with the animal. That can be the public or family. His dog is part of his cop and home family.

signals said:
SHE WASN'T A STRANGER TO THE DOG.
Unless you know her personally and she specifically told you so that is heresay.

signals said:
And perhaps the dog wasn't on duty.
What? Did the dog clock out? That comment is absurd. Cops work strange hours and I assume the cop spent a good portion if not all of his work day at the airport. Even if a dog has a concept of "on duty" and "off duty" (they don't) the dog was located in its work area. 

signals said:
Twist it to your liking, but police dogs are at the command of the handler.
Until they are not. Only a fool assumes an animal will always be under control. I remember when a tiger attacked Roy (Siegfried and Roy) and people were saying the tiger went crazy. The tiger did not go crazy, he did what tigers do. What is crazy is thinking a tiger would NOT do that.

signals said:
This particular dog was euthanized, because it wasn't an isolated incident.
You just lost your argument.  The cop used poor judgement when he said it was OK to pet a dog that the cop knew had a history.

Check and mate.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
:lol:
Unless you know her personally and she specifically told you so that is heresay.

What? Did the dog clock out? That comment is absurd. Cops work strange hours and I assume the cop spent a good portion if not all of his work day at the airport. Even if a dog has a concept of "on duty" and "off duty" (they don't) the dog was located in its work area. 

Until they are not. Only a fool assumes an animal will always be under control. I remember when a tiger attacked Roy (Siegfried and Roy) and people were saying the tiger went crazy. The tiger did not go crazy, he did what tigers do. What is crazy is thinking a tiger would NOT do that.

You just lost your argument.  The cop used poor judgement when he said it was OK to pet a dog that the cop knew had a history.

Check and mate.
Did I not say she worked for NWA. It was obviously a local thing as I had pointed out.

Believe it or not, regular people do mingle with cops and dogs. This is not Nazi Germany. The dog technically was not in his work area because it was an open area, not around counters baggage or such.

Again you use the argument of a fool. Siegfried & Roy? Really? I had no idea that the police used wild dogs! Hate to break this to you, animal boy, but there is a big difference between a tiger and a dog last I checked.

Lost an argument? What part of the dog had issues argument did you miss.

Yes you win! You win because from here on out, I'm gonna let you wallow in your own vomit...like a dog! :lol: :p

Reactions: 2 people
signals said:
Did I not say she worked for NWA. It was obviously a local thing as I had pointed out.
Big deal. I worked side by side with people for years and never even knew their name. These people were on the same aircraft. It does not get much more local than that. Just because you work closely with someone does not mean you know them. In some cases an event (like getting bit by a police dog) causes people to know the name of an individual they never would have known otherwise. 

signals said:
Believe it or not, regular people do mingle with cops and dogs. This is not Nazi Germany. 
Give it time the libtards are doing their best (Bloomberg soda ban, Michelle Obama school lunches). Don't tell me about public relations with police. I spent some time working at a police station. Have you? What I got for my trouble was a drunk kicking me in the mouth when I was trying to pull him out of the patrol car. 

signals said:
Again you use the argument of a fool. Siegfried & Roy? Really? I had no idea that the police used wild dogs! Hate to break this to you, animal boy, but there is a big difference between a tiger and a dog last I checked.
You obviously missed the point. People expected that animal to act a certain way. That is why they said it "went crazy". But in actuality the tiger did what tigers do. People tend to super impose what they want an animal to be instead of what it is.  Don't expect a working dog to act like a pet. It is not a pet.

signals said:
Lost an argument? What part of the dog had issues argument did you miss.
What part did I miss? Seriously? What part did you miss?

signals said:
Yes you win! You win because from here on out, I'm gonna let you wallow in your own vomit...like a dog! :lol: :p
I won the second you hit post. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

Check and mate.
There is a bit of a difference between a domesticated dog and a wild tiger. To view the two as equals is foolish

Ms Tree said:
There is a bit of a difference between a domesticated dog and a wild tiger. To view the two as equals is foolish
Don't tell me, tell people that have been attacked by domesticated dogs. 

The fact is this dog had history. He had attacked unprovoked before. He should have been "decommissioned" then but the police department chose to keep him active. I can only guess the reason was monetary. It is expensive to train a K9 unit. 

That police officer knew the dogs history and he had a responsibility to apply caution to his dogs "social" activities. Allowing a stranger to pet a dog was a foolish mistake. 

Something you are ignoring is that GOOD police dogs still have a strong hunt and fight drive. They need to because those qualities serve them in their jobs. Having a dog that has a strong hunt and fight drive as a family pet is not smart. This is the last time I will comment on this subject.