Another deadline, another extension....? Maybe not...

D

delta777

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...rtran_0811.html

Come on Joe, stick to your guns for once, or are you gonna extend the extended extension yet again? What will this one make extension #3, or would it b 4? The deadline came and went this past Friday at midnight and i swear you could hear a mouse piss on cotton at Airtran's miniscule MCO headquarters. :lol:

And secondly, stop trying to fudge your revenue numbers you moron. :shock:

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...n_0810_web.html
If you don't like the man because he's done something to you, personally or otherwise, I can understand that. Or, if you don't like AirTran because you feel that our existance threatens your job, I can understand that (although I would disagree), too. What I don't understand is how deadline extensions or yearly reported revenue of $1,801,000,000 (versus $1,800,000,000) negatively affects your life. Or, what your "Our headquarters is bigger than your headquarters" has to do with it.

If I didn't have much of a life, and actually wanted to, I could research and find times that Delta (and other airlines) have restated revenue. I'd just be hard pressed to tell you how all that affects me. Perhaps you care to explain? :rolleyes:

Just read on our website that the offer to acquire Midwest has expired. Does this mean that delta777 has newfound respect for Joe Leonard and/or that he can get on with his life? Now all we have to do is take care of the 0.0006% revenue error, and all will be well.

If you don't like the man because he's done something to you, personally or otherwise, I can understand that. Or, if you don't like AirTran because you feel that our existance threatens your job, I can understand that (although I would disagree), too. What I don't understand is how deadline extensions or yearly reported revenue of $1,801,000,000 (versus $1,800,000,000) negatively affects your life. Or, what your "Our headquarters is bigger than your headquarters" has to do with it.

If I didn't have much of a life, and actually wanted to, I could research and find times that Delta (and other airlines) have restated revenue. I'd just be hard pressed to tell you how all that affects me. Perhaps you care to explain? :rolleyes:

Perhaps my disdain with Airtran has to do with the fact that your President and COO Bo Fornaro, under the guidance of Joe Leonard no doubt, told the DOJ/DOT that his company, Airtran would help "facilitate" a potential US Airways/Delta merger by acquiring assets, namely Delta's, if it would help move the process forward. Other than that, i love your cute little 717's.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=7300

They don't call your CEO low-blow Joe for nothin. :lol:

I see. Being the astute reader of between the lines that I am, I'm guessing that you were against that merger. Would a US Airways/Delta merger have been bad for Delta employees? Probably. For US Airways employees? Probably not. Would it have been bad/good for the companies themselves? Who knows?

If you think that Leonard/Fornaro are the first in this industry to attempt, or actually make a move to improve their own company at the expense of another, you either just joined this profession (which I doubt) or you have a very selective memory (which I know, considering your rants against AirTran for extending deadlines, while silent at Delta's numerous deadline extensions while in bankruptcy). A prime example is when we announced service to Mobile. Within hours of the announcement (not commencement of service, but the announcement of intention to serve), Delta matched our fares. I'm not complaining (nor did I then), despite the fact that considering costs, we could make money at those fares and Delta couldn't. Delta drove us out, and we moved on to bigger and better markets. Mere hours after the announcement that we were pulling out, Delta raised their fares back to their original level. The only losers were the citizens of Mobile, who had the opportunity to enjoy $39 fares, but ultimately opted for $200 fares.

That's just one example of what one airline chose to do to another. Having been here during that time, my view is that we didn't have our stuff together (if you know what I mean), and the good people of Mobile made their choice. Had we had a better operation at that time, things might have been different. But the bottom line is that management at Delta made decisions (lower fares, increased frequency) to hurt us/protect their market share/look out for Mobilians, however one wants to spin it. Despite applicable laws to the contrary, it's just business. And, when all of that was going on, I could still go to sleep at night without thinking about hating Ron Allen. I wish the same for you.

Latest posts