The Day After The Judge Ruled

North by Northwest said:
For a Judge to unilaterally toss out a Union contract that took decades to build is a dark day in the history of the American working class.

This is a DIRECT ATTACK on ALL airlines and Unions. Where are the leaders of America's Unions? This must NOT go un-challenged!
[post="236729"][/post]​
North by Northwest,

You are absolutely right. But as you can tell from these forums, the enemies of labor have sucessfully kept us busy with internal bickering.

I would encourage the Unionized members of this forurm to pause and consider your post seriously. For indeed, we seem to be hanging seperately.

PineyBob said:
Actually there is a great deal of evidence to support the notion that the financial community is behind US Airways. Want to know how you can tell?
[post="237121"][/post]​
By the "D" rating on their bonds? :rolleyes:

From my perspective, the "support" is more of a "wait and see" attitude.....

Of those "supporting" U in the financial community, who stands to lose anything so far? No one.

The ATSB - there's more than enough non-cash collateral to cover the part of the Tranche A loan that's not covered by cash collateral.

GE - They've got the airplanes as collateral, plus some pretty good financial returns if U makes it. That deal is a win-win for GE and only buys U some more time.

Embraer - same as GE.

Bombardier - They're just selling airplanes in the new deal with them (a win for them), and take the current planes back if we don't make it.

DCT Bank (or whatever it's name is) - they're providing most of the financing for the 3 new CRJ's at some very favorable (to them) terms, and have the planes as collateral.

Jim

ps - but on the thread topic, maybe I'll finally get to meet some of the FFocus folks.

Latest posts