Another dumb idea

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/6/2003 9:10:44 AM skyflyr69 wrote:

Looks like the other airlines are following Usairways LEAD concerning big spenders. Continental, Delta, UAL now put big spenders ahead of the frequent fliers says the Wall street Journal!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually DL started it some time ago with with "LUSER" fares and a bunch of other bad ideas. They continue to lead the pack in "innovations" of this sort. As usual Ben managed to take the worst aspects of several external ideas and combine them into something even worse.

Big Ben didn't propose to do a damn thing to put big spenders ahead of anyone -- all he did was use a trumped up claim regarding the opinions of big spenders to justify trying to take away benefits. None of his brilliant moves would have had an impact until March of 2004 when the cockroaches infesting his FF program would have presumably been flushed out of the system.

AA has had the insight to implement [i]incentives[/i] that reward big spenders without punishing ordinary frequent fliers -- recognizing the key point the Ben doesn't get. Namely that today's big spender will be on vacation with the family next week and won't appreciate being treated like pond scum just because ths weeks ticket is the wrong sort to buy the airline's love with.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/6/2003 6:57:47 AM Light Years wrote:

tvlr64- despite what you might think from this board, the majority of our employees have a great pride in ourselves and our company- because it is OUR company, not mgmts. if it was up to us, we would differentiate ourseleves from the others by offering a consisient, superior service. we strive for this every day, but mgmt makes it hard for us by taking away valuable tools. please use your comment card in the attache and make your opinions known!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

OH I DO Light Years and I have no problem sending an email to the management of U when I have to. I know the employees of U are the best in the business. I love flying U and do not enjoy my experiences with the other airlines when I have to fly them. But U management has to start taking measures to keep it's base flyers coming back. It's a shame to see the low fare carriers doing more to obtain business while U stands around waiting for the coffin lid to shut. ATTRACT PASSENGERS any way you can. Get our butts in your seats. The recent low airfares to Europe were nice but with the possibly war who the hell wants to go overseas? Oh yeah I'm going...oops wrong example!!

But let's face it. U has a strong group of loyal flyers that want to see this airline succeed. But U keeps making it more difficult for us to want to help you out.

As for my comment about the loud F/A. As someone who lives on your airline I know exactly what is going on. But what about that person sitting near me that doesn't know? They got an earful. Do you think they will want to fly U again after listening to the F/A's remarks are her company? Probably not.

Oh, if U does disappear the impact to the local community will suffer. And maybe the Pittsburgh and Allegheny County Commissioners will get their heads out of their azzes. And with the reduction of flights out of PIT, I am connecting more and more, which just helps to get me to US1 level a lot faster. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/16.gif']

You guys got to know that we (us US1's) really do want U to survive. Your airline does shine compared to the others. It's a shame that management doesn't see this.