another merger

I want to know how our esteemed LGA-based pilot knows what Parker believes. Is it a oijia board or another supersecret explanation.

Frankly I question someones credibility.

Hp_fa said: "I want to know how our esteemed LGA-based pilot knows what Parker believes. Is it a oijia board or another supersecret explanation. Frankly I question someones credibility."

USA320Pilot comments: From Parker's webcasts. If you would like to hear the exact quotes please log onto Compass or the Company's website to listen for yourself.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Many people have their eyes on the big carriers when it comes to mergers. In the big scheme of things, how long can the Frontiers, Alaska's, Spirits etc stand on their own before being gobbled up by bigger airlines? This may begin to look like the 80's all over again. Regardless of what carrier I, IMO see US involved with some kind of merger or purchase of assets. I don't think a merger would even be a possibility until this one is ironed out. I'm just a cart pushing, pillow grabbin "tieless" flight attendant so what do I know? I guess it all remains to be seen. Ohhhhh the Airline World....how could we live without it? LOL

-- Parker recently indicated US Airways’ cash position is approaching $3 billion and coupled with the company’s current stock price/ability to obtain further capital the Tempe-based airline has the ability to finance a large corporate transaction.

Parker lied. Or is being deliberately obtuse with the numbers.

On 3/31/2005, US had perhaps 1 billion in cash and 600 million in short term investments. US has 3 billion in assets. Not the same thing.

-- Two Wall Street airline analysts who are friends of mine believe United did not fix its problems in bankruptcy. These respected individuals believe United must cut costs more to survive and could be involved in some sort of M&A activity.

While staying in a holiday inn express, a guy I know who owns both UAUA and LCC told me the odds of anyone not already in the left seat of the 757 ever seeing a widebody left seat in this lifetime or the next is virtually nil (thru either organic growth or acquisitions).

If my memory serves me correctly Parker indicated about 10-12% of the RASM improvement has been due to a reduction in capacity, about 10% due to merger code sharing, and additional RASM improvement due to the new company website.

I changed my belief: he's smoking crack. In large quantities.

From that article ("he" is Doogie"):

He made it clear that his priority now is the completion of the US Airways-America West union, which could wrap up in 2007. "But what we have learned so far is there is a lot of value to be had by taking two airlines and putting them together," he said.

Does he think he's fooling anyone? He took a twice bankrupt airline and merged it with another twice bankrupt airline. How much shareholder value, vendor equity, bondholder equity, and so forth was destroyed in the East bankruptcies alone? And that's before the employees took the beating.....

I've said this before and I'll say it again: this guy is in trouble once he can no longer rely on the BK courts and the airline runs out of ways to shrink/contract.....

Does he think he's fooling anyone? He took a twice bankrupt airline and merged it with another twice bankrupt airline. How much shareholder value, vendor equity, bondholder equity, and so forth was destroyed in the East bankruptcies alone? And that's before the employees took the beating.....

I've said this before and I'll say it again: this guy is in trouble once he can no longer rely on the BK courts and the airline runs out of ways to shrink/contract.....

AWA only had one pass thru BK court 15 years ago.

Sorry, PITbull, but FWAAA's right. Notice that he carefully said AWA was the surviving corporate entity, not the acquiring corporation.

SEC mumbo-jumbo or whatever, AWA did in fact merge with a division of US Group (Barbell) and then change it's name to US Airways Group, Inc.

Jim

This is typical PITBULL spewing at the mouth without ever knowing the facts. AFA is finally starting to inform us of unopionated facts, rather than alarmist gut reactions.

I thank my lucky stars every day that PITBULL no longer represents me!

Lets see, first it was UAL for years you beat that horse to death.

Then it was NWA.

Then it was UAL again.

Now you say NWA and Frontier and anyone else.

What is your track record on the above?

ZERO!

700UW:

My comments were not predictions, but instead information on what was happening inside the “executive suitesâ€￾ of different companies regarding industry consolidation. The information was obtained from Wall Street, Investment Banker, and Union sources.

Many times I would write something like, “Will a deal be completed? Maybe, maybe not.â€￾ Did you miss that too? Then again…ah never mind.

By the way did you see the articles regarding "Project Minnow" and if you did can you tell us what the code word phrase described? I bet you cannot do it!

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts