another merger

Dude, it did not happen, there was never a merger, get over it all ready, you are bringing up things that are two years old, are you that desperate for attention?

And no insider is going to risk an SEC investigation or charges to tell you things.

How are things in your own little world today?

Here is something from another thread that sums it all up:

USA320Pilot:

I've tried to stay out of this "debate" but your one-sided view of events demands a response.

1.) Did Bronner and Siegel want to purchase United assets? According to press reports, yes.

2.) Was that desire reported in the media under the so-called "Project Minnow" name? Yes.

3.) Did United ever sell any of its assets to US Airways? No.

4.) Did United ever seriously entertain the idea of selling any of its assets to US Airways? No.

5.) Have you EVER offered any REAL proof whatsoever that United was contemplating the sale of any assets to US Airways? The answer to this is a resounding NO!

To summarize: Yes, the leaders of US Airways were apparently interested in acquiring some or all of United's assets, but United simply wasn't selling. No amount of newspaper articles or your repeated ad nauseum references to a UCT/ICT changes that fact!

700UW:

I was right...you cannot directly answer my question. What's wrong...the cat got your tongue?

Let's try this again. Do you know what program US Airways and United code worded "Project Minnow"? If you need help do you know how to use Google and if not, it might be helpful to find out.

I bet again you cannot answer my question. Can you prove me wrong?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. How do you know the size of my world?

Did it happen?

US had no money for anything, were there talks?

Maybe, but all airline CEOs talk all the time.

Your track record speaks for itself, US/UAL, did not happen, US buying UAL's assets, did not happen, US/NWA did not happen.

Airbus Arbitration, won by the IAM, you said the company would win.

Your track record speaks for itself, and frankly who cares about something that happened two years ago?

You do, to feed your ego and have everybody think you are something that you are not.

Stick to flying planes, but I bet you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, didn't you?

700UW:

It is difficult for most people to admit they're wrong because they have to admit to them self they were wrong.

Interestingly you cannot do it, which explains why if I had made a bet I would have been right...so far.

let's try again.

Ddid you see the articles regarding "Project Minnow" and if you did can you tell us what the code word phrase described? I bet you cannot do it...again! :D

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Lets try this again, when are you going to admit you are not an airline CEO nor a Wall Street Analyst?

When are you going to admit you are king of misinformation and being wrong?

Who cares about a far-fetched reaching plan about a smaller airline with no money trying to buy a bigger one?

It is water under the bridge a pipe dream.

You need to seek some help about your disorder.

Surviving corporation? This is almost too funny...what cash of AWA was used for this acuisition? Let me guess? Its the AWA Executive retention that constitutes acqusition???? Who do you think hires these fellows and gives them contracts? And who, pray tell, approves it?

The funds came from investors that bought into the franchise of U and AWA. If one will take notice, the majority routes. a/c, employees are from East.

FWAAA, if you could please inform everyone on this board where in any of the documentation that it states AWA acquired USAirways...please do.

AWA didn't have the money to stay in business let alone buy a major legacy, my friend.

Very true PitBull. But...remember who runs the catering? who runs the finances? who runs crew accomodations? which admin and office personnel still remain employed? It's so clear that America West has taken this show on the road...but the truth is..it doesn't really matter. What matters is that US Airways line employees have survived...they are still working and so is America West...in the end thats all that matters.

Sounds to me like these two are in a pissing match and from what I see both are not in the loop anymore. Lots of good infomation and know there stuff but changes are coming and it's all good for all who have stuck around.

US taking over/merging with NWA?

That's just too freaking hilarious. :D

US had $1.6 billion of unrestricted cash plus short term investments (cash equivalents) as of 3/31/06.

AMR, on the other hand, had over $4.2 billion of unrestricted cash and cash equivalents on that date, and has already reported that it expected to have over $5.0 billion of unrestricted cash (and cash equivalents) on 6/30/06.

Anybody really think that US would be able to outbid AA for the lucrative China and NRT assets owned by NWA?

Only way I see US joining with NWA is if AMR takes over both and jettisons the domestic junk it doesn't see as valuable - keeping the valuable rights to Asia and the Shuttle. What's left (MEM, MSP, PHL, PIT, LAS and PHX) would be the new NW+US. Good luck with that.

Sounds to me like a certain Airbus captain is already salivating over flying 747s to China and Tokyo again, and we all know that's not gonna happen.

US couldn't win a bidding war with AA, but you're assuming NW would be broken up. Would AA be willing to merge with NW if they had to take the whole airline? After the difficulties with TW, I'd guess not. Parker made a lot of money for the investors in the HP/US merger. I don't think he'd have any difficulty in rounding up more cash. I also don't think he'd have any interest in NW without Asia, so it's likely an all or nothing proposition.

US couldn't win a bidding war with AA, but you're assuming NW would be broken up. Would AA be willing to merge with NW if they had to take the whole airline? After the difficulties with TW, I'd guess not. Parker made a lot of money for the investors in the HP/US merger. I don't think he'd have any difficulty in rounding up more cash. I also don't think he'd have any interest in NW without Asia, so it's likely an all or nothing proposition.

It's a matter of who produces the most return for the creditors. If that's intact, so be it. If it's in pieces, so be it. Nobody has any interest in NW without Asia.

It's a matter of who produces the most return for the creditors. If that's intact, so be it. If it's in pieces, so be it. Nobody has any interest in NW without Asia.
During liquidation, it's simple arithmetic. Which combination of bids gets the most cash for creditors. In Ch 11, other variables will be considered. Creditors can receive equity in the new company, which makes valuation difficult. The NW case is further complicated by the fact that one of NW's largest unsecured creditors is employees.

It's certainly not a cut-and-dried issue unless NW is in liquidation.

I question whether an AA/NW merger would be approved by the government for competitive reasns.

I question whether an AA/NW merger would be approved by the government for competitive reasns.

If the DoJ staffers assigned to analyze a potential combination think we still need six different full-service airlines all trying to offer First Class seats between many east coast cities and LAX or SFO, then you're probably correct.

But it isn't 2001 anymore. And as the market share of the true LCCs grows (US is not a true LCC), then it's pretty obvious that the market share of the legacies is bound to shrink. And until this quarter, they have all been showing loss after loss after loss. All but CO and AA are now in BK or have recently emerged from Ch 11.

Problem continues to be too many legacy hubs. Cut a few of them and perhaps the legacies will see more profits for a sustained period. UA and DL makes sense - as UA courted DL years ago. AA and NW makes sense to give AA a presense in Asia as large as at UA.

I miss you two goons (700UW and 320Pilot) fighting. It used to be so entertaining over the years. BTW, I thought we were speculating, not spreading rumors that can't be colaborated.