Another Slap At Management

how will this outfit ban a person who writes a true thing about mgmt? Is there something that the thieves of ccy would put into the wonderful world of sabre to alert the customer service agents to that? wonder if we could somehow ban the gangsters of ccy starting with the two daves

PineyBob, actually I don't think Christopher Elliott has an "agenda" against US Airways. You need to go back and read the articles. I think he's dead on about management. I haven't agreed with everything he's written. I've emailed him my thoughts and he's emailed back. From the emails I've received he's been very polite and sincere. He really likes US Airways employees, even the drunk pilot that found his number and called him at home. But, he does not like management for a good reason. This summer a US Airways vice president called USA TODAY and threatened not to advertise in the newspaper and wanted Christopher fired for writing a critical customer service story earlier this year. Not very smart of management. Then again we're used their daily stupid human tricks. If you ask me treating the press like that will never work in the company's favor. As we've been reading lately it's all coming back to haunt and hurt the company.

PineyBob said:
They edited Chris Elliot because he has a personal agenda against US Airways! When it comes to be an objective columnist Chris Elliot couldn't spell CAT if you fronted him the C and the T!

As for the banning of one Jeffrey Gitomer you would do well to have you facts regarding one Mr. Gitomer and why he was banned and his DM account closed. Ask your CLT co-workers about him and the trail of tears he left after his abusive tirades. I will tell you it had NOTHING to do with his being critical of US management.
I never said that they were wrong for doing it, if that's what you are implying. Mr. Gitomer actually sounds like a real jerk, at least in the articles I have read. As for Mr Elliott, he appears to be a rather perceptive person to me. :unsure:

Hey Piney,
Just who in management are you related to? The way you defend these "people" (to use your words, the term "people" is used grudgingly), I can only infer that either you are one, related to one, or are on the payroll of one. Which is it? This team has been given all the tools to make this airline successful. If they had done NOTHING except for the givebacks (that is, not parking almost a third of the fleet, furloughing almost 20,000 employees, gutting the already weak route network, you get the idea) this company would be making money NOW! :angry:

oldiebutgoody said:
As for Mr Elliott, he appears to be a rather perceptive person to me. :unsure:
hey Oldie,

Here's a quote from one of mr elliot's columns, "......I wish USAirways would just do everybody a favor and go out of business already......" Sure sounds like he has a personal agenda against US, doesn't it?

Easy Piney,

As you said, 2 million others invaded on D-Day, not just your uncle. They, those that came before, and those that have come since fought (and continue fighting) for your right to express an opinion. I doubt that they were saying "Let's do it for PineyBob but nobody else!".

You don't like anyone questioning the motives behind your opinion - why heap abuse on others for theirs?

PineyBob said:
Want my CP number BleepWipe!

I along with many others are the reason you're employed. Perhaps you've heard of us? We aren't AFA, IAM, ALPA, CWA or TWU. I am a CUSTOMER! Remember them? the supposed reason your position exists!

If you're so sure you are right then put in for the job! Any Jack Arse can kick over a barn, but it takes a team of carpenters to build one.

My uncle landed on D-Day, and he along with 2 million other citizen soldiers did that so i can have an opinion that differs from yours.

In Closing, I wouldn't work for US Airways, to many negative attitudes, To many people who blame everyone but themselves for their situation. So you have another glass half-empty day. Let the venom and bile fill you with bitterness, frankly I don't care even a little.
I've done my 20+ years defending your (and my) right to speak on this. How many have you done, Mr. Piney? Or are you just one who takes their freedoms for granted, while trying to deny it to others?
As for Mr. Elliott, if he can see how poorly this management is treating BOTH its employees and customers, good for him. You seem to be blind to it. I guess if I was mistreated often enough, I'd say the same thing he did about US going out of business. It doesn't mean that he was biased when this process began.
It's not the employees that are fostering the poor attitudes at U. Many of the employees are either on government subsistence or looking for new careers (that is, if they haven't left already) while the Daves can only look to rob more to make the airline work (I guess marketing is out of the question). Yea, that makes for great attitudes. It's the attitudes that are going to make or break US Airways, no matter what kind of product we offer. If only management understood that. By the way, there are MANY employees here with advanced degrees in management with many years experience in aviation who COULD run this place, and dare I say, do a MUCH BETTER JOB than this present team.
Piney, you can resort all you want to childish namecalling. I still think that this management is inept. :down:

usramperTPA said:
hey Oldie,

Here's a quote from one of mr elliot's columns, "......I wish USAirways would just do everybody a favor and go out of business already......" Sure sounds like he has a personal agenda against US, doesn't it?
Actually, I believe the quote was: "Stories like this make me wish US Airways would do us all a favor and go out of business."

See http://elliott.org/blog/