Answering Us Airways At Rez

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
How do I phrase this properly without someone giving me a typical BS answer? OK. Here goes.

Rez for HP? Answering phones as US Airways in a week or so. Starting salary still at $7.65 p/hr. After 5 years on sale floor, they make a whole $8.95 an hour! Pathetic!!!!!!!! Starting salary at US. $8.72 p/hr. AFter 5 years on sale floor, they make $12.89 per hour!

OK..With that said...why can't we get a firm answer from HP management or even the TEAMSTERS as to why noone has seemed to fight for us to be given an incentive to get us excited about our jobs again and being US Airways by giving HP rez agents a raise to match US Airways rez? It seems it's ok to give millions of dollars to execs to stick thru this time, but not $1-$4 an hour more to rez agents for having to learn a h..of a lot more than they've had to to begin with.

Used to be if you were an international agent you got incentive for that training. Now, general rez has to know international (and will have to now learn a hell of a lot more w US Airways) and they are paid the same as regular General Sales agent was paid prior.

The Reservation Assistance dept agents (formerly Quality Management) still work for pennies and must have knowledge of every department in the rez center including Flightfund, WEB, More Care, ETKT, SRD, and yet are paid less than a regular reservations agent at US Airways! Again...is anyone going to listen to our requests for fairness starting on DAY 1? Would be a nice surprise that's for sure!

Teamsters hasn't mentioned a thing about REZ. All we hear about is mechanics. or we get those damn flyers that are worthless.

Bambi said:
How do I phrase this properly without someone giving me a typical BS answer? OK. Here goes.

Rez for HP? Answering phones as US Airways in a week or so. Starting salary still at $7.65 p/hr. After 5 years on sale floor, they make a whole $8.95 an hour! Pathetic!!!!!!!! Starting salary at US. $8.72 p/hr. AFter 5 years on sale floor, they make $12.89 per hour!

OK..With that said...why can't we get a firm answer from HP management or even the TEAMSTERS as to why noone has seemed to fight for us to be given an incentive to get us excited about our jobs again and being US Airways by giving HP rez agents a raise to match US Airways rez? It seems it's ok to give millions of dollars to execs to stick thru this time, but not $1-$4 an hour more to rez agents for having to learn a h..of a lot more than they've had to to begin with.

Used to be if you were an international agent you got incentive for that training. Now, general rez has to know international (and will have to now learn a hell of a lot more w US Airways) and they are paid the same as regular General Sales agent was paid prior.

The Reservation Assistance dept agents (formerly Quality Management) still work for pennies and must have knowledge of every department in the rez center including Flightfund, WEB, More Care, ETKT, SRD, and yet are paid less than a regular reservations agent at US Airways! Again...is anyone going to listen to our requests for fairness starting on DAY 1? Would be a nice surprise that's for sure!

Teamsters hasn't mentioned a thing about REZ. All we hear about is mechanics. or we get those damn flyers that are worthless.
[post="302226"][/post]​

I thought drifterreno said everything was just ducky at res and res agents wanted to vote the unions out. :huh:

The CSRs and res agents didn't want a union for years. Everyone said they got paid well enough with annual bonuses. Those went away and everyone then said Doug Parker would do the right thing and look out for yuns. Doug is a good and simple man who drinks his Budweiser out of a can. That's what they said. :rant:

Bambi said:

[post="302226"][/post]​

What's pathetic is CSRs and for the most part Reservations that rejected the Union over and over again. And now they wonder why they make less then their counterparts at other airlines. Even the last vote, barely passed by 1 percentage point. THAT's pathetic. That while the ramp employees that CSRs work closely with, unionized and now make more than the agents. My fear is that CSRs and Res people are getting too hopefull that they'll be making what US agents make. Doug and HP are not doing this merger so that they start dishing out raises to all the HP Employees. I hope it won't work the other way around, and bring the US agents down to the pay level of HP. I hope I'm wrong.

twambassador said:
What's pathetic is CSRs and for the most part Reservations that rejected the Union over and over again. And now they wonder why they make less then their counterparts at other airlines. Even the last vote, barely passed by 1 percentage point. THAT's pathetic. That while the ramp employees that CSRs work closely with, unionized and now make more than the agents. My fear is that CSRs and Res people are getting too hopefull that they'll be making what US agents make. Doug and HP are not doing this merger so that they start dishing out raises to all the HP Employees. I hope it won't work the other way around, and bring the US agents down to the pay level of HP. I hope I'm wrong.
[post="302504"][/post]​

My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

I believe that something Doug Parker said at a Town Hall meeting was misinterpreted by many CSRs and res agents. Notice drifterreno is not helping to serve the kool-aid here, anymore.

Nothing can happen with salaries until the NMB declares there is one airline. Then the unions can start with the intergration. I may sound easy to just give a increase, but while in negoations the RLA prohibits this because it is considered a brib.

There are many many many laws and regualtions that are in the way from the company giving a raise. Don't blame the company. Point your fingers at the RLA, which was created due to unions.

I thought they just couldnt offer a raise while there was a vote (or disputed vote) going on. I'm sure the Teamsters wouldnt have a problem if Doug wanted to give everyone in Rez a raise tomorrow.

There is nothing preventing the company from giving them a raise during negotiations.

Just like US started rampers in PHL at the one year pay rate instead of begining because they could not get help.

Wrong--I'm still here. I still say HP is a much better place to be. Now, as to pay a letter was sent to Doug about such a thing about equal pay for equal work. I'm just waiting to see what he says to another agent.
We hear nothing from the teamsters and the ones in our office who are in the know aren't talking. They're the ones I'm upset with. If they can't help they should go. AWAY.

drifterreno said:
Wrong--I'm still here. I still say HP is a much better place to be. Now, as to pay a letter was sent to Doug about such a thing about equal pay for equal work. I'm just waiting to see what he says to another agent.
We hear nothing from the teamsters and the ones in our office who are in the know aren't talking. They're the ones I'm upset with. If they can't help they should go. AWAY.
[post="302949"][/post]​

Yea..I haven't heard anything definitive from anyone in PHX rez from teamsters either. Guess we have to just wait and see...it's all going to be a learing experience for everyone, that's for sure. I just hope US agents and HP agents don't get resentful towards each other. I'm sensing that on these boards and it concerns me.

There are several around rez that care, but unfortunately (the reason it took so long to vote in a union) many are passive in the whole thing. Guess it's cuz so few are left anymore that have been there more than a few years! Way too much attrition! But that's a whole other topic I guess.

Drifter..would love to tt you. Email me sometime. thx

I am a USAirways employee from Winston who took the early out.

I would find it very disconcerting to have HP and US res agents doing the same job, with such a difference in pay.

You can see one or two things happening here......either Teamsters negotiates a "matched" salary or......the more likely scenario is that Winston will be closed.

Why pay somebody 17+ an hour when you can hire brand new folk at bottom of scale? Simple economics....

Just like the outsourced offices(especially Manila) are just cheap temporary help. There were put into place as a stopgap between getting rid of us in Winston, and the merger falling into place.

livingontheedge said:
.the more likely scenario is that Winston will be closed.

Why pay somebody 17+ an hour when you can hire brand new folk at bottom of scale?  Simple economics....

[post="303759"][/post]​

CWA just got this agreement.
We have now reached an agreement that covers all our claims, except for our objections to the Executive Compensation, which we will continue to oppose in court.
Here are the terms of the settlement:

(most of the terms edited)
The Winston-Salem Res center hiring freeze will end; the company will resume hiring at that center;

So they can hire at new hire rates in INT now. (And not a moment too soon.) You do know there are differerent kinds of vouchers right? :rolleyes:

I understand a ballot is being sent out to all res offices on Friday to vote to merge the unions in res. Okay here's a solution===since most of us at HP are not happy with teamsters and from what I understand U is not happy with CWA. Now, don't get me wrong--I understand all of the arguments for representation, but we all need to make the same money and have a chance to make more.
Some believe that if Doug announced a pay hike for Hp res with a scale such as U has and puts together a grievence procedure such as U has. And somehow makes it legal--such as a signed "contract" with each agent. I believe the unions can both be booted out, all agents will be happy, and we can move forward in a New USAirways. It's never been done before, but we get NOTHING from teamsters--they meet in small groups and wisper among themselves===the representatives===and never give the whole message to the whole group.
If you at U can believe it they're told they can put nothing in our mailboxes nor can they talk openly about progress with the meetings. I find that hard to believe since from day 1 at U the union was able to put many many flyers in our mailboxes and have open meetings in the break room. If the teamsters are suposed to be so great===why can't they get their act together and let us all know what's going on. I had to learn about the merging of the unions from this site. They still had not told HP res as of Wednesday.