Hp Rez Requests Help From Us Rez

the answer to this question is simple! a nationwide usair and hp strike to show mr parker he can not tame the east coast usair employees to show that mr parker has failed. we need to see him on the same level as a lot of his employees!

Time for someone to find a new job.

You have no problem working next to someone making basically double what you do for the same work? :blink:

Boy, this sounds familiar...1987? Let's bring everyone up to the highest wages, the best of all, $2.5 billion in the bank...give us our part. I don't know what the answer is but this crap got US Air in trouble before and the same school of thought could do the same to the new US Airways. Just something to ponder over.

I don't know what the answer is but
NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH!

Time for someone to find a new job.
Boy, this sounds familiar...1987? Let's bring everyone up to the highest wages, the best of all, $2.5 billion in the bank...give us our part. I don't know what the answer is but this crap got US Air in trouble before and the same school of thought could do the same to the new US Airways. Just something to ponder over.
Poor management got the agents group in trouble not the pay scale

NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH!
Poor management got the agents group in trouble not the pay scale

I do agree negotiate in good faith. Our old management wouldn't let the ink dry before they would break contracts. This happened more and more in time as we sank further and further down. So I'm with you on that one 100%.

Having said that,
I don't know what airline YOU worked for, but over half of what was USAir in 1989 were brought up to US wages PLUS the amt of hiring for the difference in pilot/fa duty rigs, and lets not forget all the mechanics to push back airplanes...and finally utility...ALL at pretty good wages. Yes, we have always had poor management, but can you imagine the outrage if anyone's pay had been frozen or cut?

All of us laughed our way to the bank making what we made and having the cushy contracts we had and yes life was grand, BUT not one employee questioned any of this. Nobody complained that perhaps this labor pigfest would come back to haunt us along with managers that didn't know how to run a major airline. Management is mostly to blame but the workforce..myself included...must take some responsibility for their part.

We are all partly to blame for the mess we were in, but it is now our responsibilty to give this group a chance. No, don't roll over and let this group become what we have known, but they ARE a fresh team for us. Perhaps the West coast way IS the better way. Just give them a chance for God's sake.

I would just once like someone besides myself to admit that we as labor played our part in screwing things up...just ONE person...even if it was that we were .000001 partly to blame. That is the arrogance that people have always despised about US East employees collectively and that's why the arrogance or better yet those that are arrogant and entitled while we're at it, must move on.

I would LOVE the days of old but they are gone forever. Hanging onto that will destroy us. ;)

I do agree negotiate in good faith. Our old management wouldn't let the ink dry before they would break contracts. This happened more and more in time as we sank further and further down. So I'm with you on that one 100%.

Having said that,
I don't know what airline YOU worked for, but over half of what was USAir in 1989 were brought up to US wages PLUS the amt of hiring for the difference in pilot/fa duty rigs, and lets not forget all the mechanics to push back airplanes...and finally utility...ALL at pretty good wages. Yes, we have always had poor management, but can you imagine the outrage if anyone's pay had been frozen or cut?

All of us laughed our way to the bank making what we made and having the cushy contracts we had and yes life was grand, BUT not one employee questioned any of this. Nobody complained that perhaps this labor pigfest would come back to haunt us along with managers that didn't know how to run a major airline. Management is mostly to blame but the workforce..myself included...must take some responsibility for their part.

We are all partly to blame for the mess we were in, but it is now our responsibilty to give this group a chance. No, don't roll over and let this group become what we have known, but they ARE a fresh team for us. Perhaps the West coast way IS the better way. Just give them a chance for God's sake.

I would just once like someone besides myself to admit that we as labor played our part in screwing things up...just ONE person...even if it was that we were .000001 partly to blame. That is the arrogance that people have always despised about US East employees collectively and that's why the arrogance or better yet those that are arrogant and entitled while we're at it, must move on.

I would LOVE the days of old but they are gone forever. Hanging onto that will destroy us. ;)
The agent group at USairways was not under a Collective Bargaining Agreement untill December 13, 1999 no cushy contracts and life was OK.It was our first contract we fought long and hard to get a sub industry standard contract only to be threaded twice with Liquidation and shutdown of the airline my management

The agent group at USairways was not under a Collective Bargaining Agreement untill December 13, 1999 no cushy contracts and life was OK.It was our first contract we fought long and hard to get a sub industry standard contract only to be threaded twice with Liquidation and shutdown of the airline my management

John john

I do believe for the most part, I referred my postings as collective where the attitudes and thinking was concerned, however, it has always been the choice of each group whether they wanted union representation. I will agree that the agents took it on the chin and became managements sacrificial lambs, however, when the merger happened in 1989, union or not, NOBODY was complaining about their pay and benefits. BUT, as we all know, alot happened in the two short years following merger when in 1991 we were all asked to take cuts and the f/a's turned down their negotiated contract nulling all contracts negotiated.

As far as res, I think the public has spoken and do not want to speak to broken English rez agents. I liked some of your ideas on another thread and I hope the new US management sees the light.

But I stand by what I said about post merger..union or not. Still, nobody seems to see our part in the overall mess. No blaming..simple saying we played our part and some of the parts we played were wrong. To look at those days acting as if we as labor hold no responsibility comes across as smug, arrogant, and still a part of the problem. Sorry, no offense to you. I'm sure you are a wonderful worker and great guy. That's just how I feel. But we are all entitled to our opinions and feelings.