Hp Rez Requests Help From Us Rez

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
Any help from US rez agents in encouraging our new management team to at least help HP rez come up to your current payscale. I realize the major cuts you all have taken over the years. I also realize I knew the payscale (which has changed drastically over the past few years) when I was hired. However, we see this merger as a $ maker for the execs but the "little guy" isn't getting any incentives to stick this thing thru.

Of course, writing to both UNIONS on this CWA and Teamsters would also be helpful.

Question: I hear you are having to learn HP QIK-REZ and QIK-Check (at ato) systems. Has this already started? It may seem a little confusing at first, but once you learn QIK, you will NOT want to go back to anything else.

We have agents who have been here since the beginning (when HP did everything in SHARES). They say that this program is still tops on their list. Only difference with QIK is if you're in REZ you can't use any SHARES codes unless you have a SUPervisor sign. I think RA (rez assistance - fornerly QM) can do this though

If the teamsters don't fix your wages vote them out and go with the CWA.

Taking away your ability to do more complicated transaction using SHARES code is an effort to simplify your job so that any $8 an hour moron can half A55 wait on the customer. Then all they have to do is figure out how to get them to show up for work on-time. :lol:

Any help from US rez agents in encouraging our new management team to at least help HP rez come up to your current payscale. I realize the major cuts you all have taken over the years. I also realize I knew the payscale (which has changed drastically over the past few years) when I was hired. However, we see this merger as a $ maker for the execs but the "little guy" isn't getting any incentives to stick this thing thru.

Of course, writing to both UNIONS on this CWA and Teamsters would also be helpful.

Question: I hear you are having to learn HP QIK-REZ and QIK-Check (at ato) systems. Has this already started? It may seem a little confusing at first, but once you learn QIK, you will NOT want to go back to anything else.

We have agents who have been here since the beginning (when HP did everything in SHARES). They say that this program is still tops on their list. Only difference with QIK is if you're in REZ you can't use any SHARES codes unless you have a SUPervisor sign. I think RA (rez assistance - fornerly QM) can do this though

the answer to this question is simple! a nationwide usair and hp strike to show mr parker he can not tame the east coast usair employees to show that mr parker has failed. we need to see him on the same level as a lot of his employees!

First of all by threatening to strike will do nothing for Doug Parker. What he would like to see is all res agents working together. I have been on both sides of the fence and it's much better under Doug. There is 1 office manager in Rno res. She's tops in my book. There are 7 or 8 supervisors for the agents. That includes RA also. Quik is much easier than U's Care. No extra keypad to use. It's all on the same keyboard. Yes, we are all internationally trained but most of us would love to have an international department again. Seems closing int though it would be a hardship on many of those working there makes sense. If there's room in Phx and Rno then we should be able to haldle things with 2 res centers. Let's work together to get rid of the outsoursed offices. That's the main concern. We are giving our sups problems with foreign booked reservations. Believe me they are going to the top. We aren't overstaffed with management and we all work well together. Sure would be nice to have a pig pickin out West. Ya'll would love the snow in Rno. It snows, the sun comes out, it melts on the roads and by 10am smooth sailing to work. No ice storms like I saw in Int. I'm sure some of the old Rno agents would agree.

the answer to this question is simple! a nationwide usair and hp strike to show mr parker he can not tame the east coast usair employees to show that mr parker has failed. we need to see him on the same level as a lot of his employees!

Oh yeah...good answer....it's the stinkin Us against Them mentality. Let's show em and risk everyone's else's job to boot. He has failed already? Wow. That's gotta be the quickest failed merger in US history. Maybe in your mind he failed before the merger even took place? Have some kool-aide...might do ya some good. ;)

i have seen some dumb ass sh*t on these boards and i have even said some of it myself but whoa you take the cake on the dumb ass award, i mean 700u says some stupid stuff and you got him beat by a long shot

and what do you mean to see dp on the same level as his employees, you make it like you are high and mighty and you sh*t doesnt stink so do you can to explane

I have read alot of stupid things on here but you just took it to a new level. With that mentality you might as well just pack up and find a new line of work.

I have read alot of stupid things on here but you just took it to a new level. With that mentality you might as well just pack up and find a new line of work.

hey buddy! yeah you! if i could pay all my bills on 16.00 an hour i would go full time in mr parkers sweat shop, but unfortunately i cant therefore 90% of us in phx rez have other jobs due to a 90% turnover becasue people cant pay their bills on 7.65 an hour. what kind of freaking help or employees do you think the company will lure for 7.65 an hour? gang bangers? the indegent? homeless? drug addicts? you will never ever get a drug test working for doug parker, because none of you make enough money to be on drugs! 8 years with the company, i make 16.00 an hour and counterparts at usair make 18.00 per hour. it seems now that we are one entitiy i should be getting an extra 2.00 per hour!

once the usair employees pull what they pulled last year with the baggage hp will follow suit! :ph34r:

i have seen some dumb ass sh*t on these boards and i have even said some of it myself but whoa you take the cake on the dumb ass award, i mean 700u says some stupid stuff and you got him beat by a long shot

and what do you mean to see dp on the same level as his employees, you make it like you are high and mighty and you sh*t doesnt stink so do you can to explane

hey smartguy? let me give you a quote! " we are forming a merger to sustain jet fuel prices at 50.00 a barrell" i wonder who said this? did he not realize that jet fuel would go to 80.00 a barrell after the hurricanes? hilarious. Airlines will always operate even under bankruptcy, the federal government will not allow us not to have air travel. do you care to explain why mr parker has a 90% turnover in reservations? ill tell you, he does not pay people what they are worth? and they are extremely overworked and understaffed. its too bad your not in human resources, i would enjoy having you for lunch in my next grievence hearing!

hey buddy! yeah you! if i could pay all my bills on 16.00 an hour i would go full time in mr parkers sweat shop, but unfortunately i cant therefore 90% of us in phx rez have other jobs due to a 90% turnover becasue people cant pay their bills on 7.65 an hour. what kind of freaking help or employees do you think the company will lure for 7.65 an hour? gang bangers? the indegent? homeless? drug addicts? you will never ever get a drug test working for doug parker, because none of you make enough money to be on drugs! 8 years with the company, i make 16.00 an hour and counterparts at usair make 18.00 per hour. it seems now that we are one entitiy i should be getting an extra 2.00 per hour!

once the usair employees pull what they pulled last year with the baggage hp will follow suit! :ph34r:

Oh my Gawd! I covet your $16.00/hr! You gotta be joking! That is way more than I'm making in f/s and I've been around for awhile! I have learned to eat dustbunnies and refuse! I could live on $16.00/hr!

Oh my Gawd! I covet your $16.00/hr! You gotta be joking! That is way more than I'm making in f/s and I've been around for awhile! I have learned to eat dustbunnies and refuse! I could live on $16.00/hr!
Yeah...I have been here 7 and do not even make 10!!! I have not learned to live on nothin---had to get a second job because even as a f/t employee--it don't pay the bills!! With the price of gas effecting more than my gas tank--you would have thought something would have happened to pay scales...I know we are "negotiating" but come on....this seamless service they are talking about for the hot cities worries me---if I am expected to work next to and I have no problem doing this-a US employee making double myself to do the same work----theres gonna be issues....I and others can quote management--"but you accepted this job knowing it was low pay"...yes, we all did but did we know that we wouldnot get adequate raises to even cover the cost of day to day living?....some may say-then get out....that's not the answer...I enjoy what I do and I am good at it...but please do not keep adding on job duties--which it seems after 9/11 they have consistently added a dutie on a week lol--and expect me to keep performing. It has gotten old...

Yeah...I have been here 7 and do not even make 10!!!

if I am expected to work next to and I have no problem doing this-a US employee making double myself to do the same work----

You have no problem working next to someone making basically double what you do for the same work? :blink:
You deserve to make under ten with seven years in...Management loves people who will meekly accept the pittance they dole out.

Yay for everyone who voted for dual representation! The company is stonewalling the Teamsters as they 'attempt' to negotiate a new contract and the "We don't make what they make!!!" whining has begun.

Shoulda thought of that before you let that "Alliance of Incompetence" idea get approved.

So nice of you to allow the IBT to maintain their revenue stream from your dues...

You have no problem working next to someone making basically double what you do for the same work? :blink:
You deserve to make under ten with seven years in...Management loves people who will meekly accept the pittance they dole out.
Yay for everyone who voted for dual representation! The company is stonewalling the Teamsters as they 'attempt' to negotiate a new contract and the "We don't make what they make!!!" whining has begun.

Shoulda thought of that before you let that "Alliance of Incompetence" idea get approved.

So nice of you to allow the IBT to maintain their revenue stream from your dues...
I think you misread my post....I do have a problem working next to some one, doing the same work making less pay..it happens amongst my co workers now that refuse to learn the job and the supes do not hold them accountable....I do not have a problem working next to US employee's as long as it is a fair days wages for fair day of work.
As far as what I deserve to make...who are you? I know what I deserve...so back off. You can't and won't lump me into the majority who may have voted yes to this alliance....I voted no but I am just one. You are also not gonna lump me into the group that "finally decided they wanted representation"...I knew we needed it within the first year of working here...hard to encourage people when management does blows sunshine up your a##.......somehow employee's feel it a great honor to be a relief supe with no extra money...do more for no extra money....
The whining has begun....very uncalled for....it is now more about we are getting even more job duties and no comp for it. The topic of this post was HP rez requests help from US-if you don't want to support then start your own post about how you really feel.

At what point and time does a rate of pay become so low that you are willing to sacrifice your job? US/EAST saw this in our negotiations. We had to show management/consultants/lawyers this concept The CWA/IBT alliance will address this. Show solidarity! There will be a lot of fear/uncertainty/doubt by management/consultants/lawyers. US/EAST has seen all this before with the company trying to decertify the union 3 times stonewalling negotiations for years. CWA/IBT have a lot of experience at this and that is why the company pays big bucks for consultants/lawyers. CWA has to hire good/experienced lawyers and staff to come to terms with the company. It is the way it is and some things will never change. PineyBob thanks for being a cheerleader. Agents are here for you. US Agents in a labor dispute is a fairly new concept but we need to get the company to negotiate in “good faithâ€￾. Management and consultants/lawyers test the unions every day

CWA Board Clears the Way for Possible Strike By US Airways Passenger Service Agents
11/30/2004
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Communications Workers of America's national executive board voted unanimously to authorize strike action by 6,000 passenger service agents against US Airways, clearing the way for CWA's president to set a strike date.
The passenger agents earlier this month voted by 86 percent to authorize a strike against the airline in a membership referendum.
Meanwhile, CWA negotiators are continuing to meet this week with US Airways management in an attempt to reach a new labor settlement.
The airline has demanded devastating pay and benefit concessions from the agents and has petitioned the bankruptcy judge to throw out their union contract.
Abrogation of the contract would allow the agents to strike or engage in other job actions.
For More Information contact:
Jeff Miller,
CWA Communications,
(202) 434-1168