Any Hope For Isp

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Just to change the subject away from doom/gloom of late, does anyone have any idea how the upcoming merger of PDT/ALG will affect ISP schedule or service? I would hate to think they would cut even more than it is (at 5 r/t per day it's mostly full, and they are cutting to 4 from Feb on).

The ground staff at ISP work for ALG. I hope there will be no job losses and that these great folks will continue with PDT. They are some of the best the Express system has to offer!

Finally, does anyone know if and when we might see some jets? With jets I believe we would getter even better loads, and shortened flight times (the current routing is so far out of the way it doubles actual flight time).

I wish all my friends at U the best-I will see you in the air as soon as I can get this cast off my arm (icy driveway).

Art,

I don't know what would happen to the service, but PSA is opening a RJ base in PHL, so maybe you will get jet service.

FWIW, the GSP folks who used to be mainline seemed to stick around when GSP went to PDT. Service did not suffer one bit, though I felt for the employees who took the pay cut.

For them to take a pay cut, would require the company to go below minimum wage. Mainline Express is poverty level, Express stoops even lower.
ISP is another prime example of turf lost to SWA. And to think that the company figured that our loyals would drive to LGA....YEA Right!!!!

ISP you will probability work for psa, peidmont or MDA depending on how the iam and cwa renegotiate there contract that is if they still have one.

Art, Unfortunately if the ISP employees lose their Teamster representation as a reult of this merger, anyone with any accrued seniority will lose it and become a day 1 new hire with Piedmont. I went through this years ago when I worked for Jetstream up in CT. This may be a ploy of U's mgmnt to bust the stronghold that the IBT has with UQ. My current position is not covered under their umbrella and there is no subsequent comparable position within their company. So this may be a good thing in the long run as we are the first to endure the beginning of the end. I wouldnt want to be in any PI emplyees shoes as it seems they are on borrowed time as well. Best wishes to all.