Ap Report On Alpa Mec Meeting

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways pilots union meets to discuss pay, benefit cuts

See Story

US Airways has said that without concessions from the (pilot's) union, it will have to liquidate the company by mid-February. The union said it was fully aware what would happen if concessions were not made. The company has said if it can't get concessions, it will seek permanent cuts in bankruptcy court.

"Absent ratification, we will proceed to seek emergency funding," US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said.

Proposed cuts for pilots "will look like nirvana compared with what will come down after that," said Jack Stephan, a union spokesman.

USA320Pilot comments: In the end even the RC4 understood what could happen to the union, or for that matter any union, without a TA before the S.1113(e) hearing.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,
Thanks for keeping us informed on the details...

One question, what are the reasons behind the 21st vs the 15th? What do the pilots gain, besides higher pay for a few more days?

Jack:

Nothing. The RC4 backed them self into a corner with no way out and they know a lawsuit and potential criminal charges are pending. They could not admit to them self that they have been wrong and that they cost the pilot group millions of dollars.

The 21st date is simply more defiance, which I believe is another failed attempt to show how tough they are. I suspect the cuts will take effect on November 1.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Ironically, the RC4 allowed the company deeper cuts and flexibilty, thereby increasing the company's chances for transformation and profitability.

Good luck to all the pilot's!

AAviator said:
USA320, you're hopeless.
[post="188159"][/post]​

Watch out AAviatior you might be reported to the board police because
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ t can't stand it when people correctly point out the reality.

US Airways pilots to vote on $300 million in cost cuts

Yesterday's 11-hour meeting, held at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, was orderly but tense. Many of the 50 to 75 pilots in attendance urged the four Pennsylvania representatives not to block the cost-cutting agreement, as they did to another proposal on Labor Day, days before US Airways filed for bankruptcy again.

Throughout the day, several pilots walked into the hallways, voicing their frustration with the four Pennsylvania representatives, accusing them of dragging out yesterday's meeting, stalling and delaying a vote by the dozen leaders on the proposal and persistently asking questions that others thought had already had been answered.

The carrier also laid out in filings a vision for its future, including a 15 percent expansion in capacity in Philadelphia by 2008 and a 31 percent jump in capacity at its other major hub, Charlotte, during the same period.

It also plans to add more seats serving Washington's Reagan National Airport, New York's LaGuardia Airport and Boston's Logan Airport.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

WOW WEEE! Let's expand in the most expensive cities in the country!! With the huge paycuts, it's too bad our employees can't afford to live there. What a concept, what a company....oy. :huh:

EyeInTheSky said:
Watch out AAviatior you might be reported to the board police because
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ t can't stand it when people correctly point out the reality.

Perhaps it had nothing much to do with what was stated, but rather that someone doesn't know just exactly whom it was that stated it and won't identify themselves (cowardly ;) ) and won't have a face-to-face (hiding behind that pc, for shame! ;) ) in order to be lured into the realm of a new reality. :) Curses!

Winglet said:
Someone pour some water on the reel . . . . it's starting to smoke!!

I have to hand it to U management, the propaganda department is really putting out.
[post="188217"][/post]​

Winglet, if only the propaganda department were into advetising this airline might actually carry more passengers and turn a profit. What a concept, neat idea! Au contraire, they would prefer to steal from the employee coffers to fund the continued mis-management. Sadly, this airline regardless of paycuts is not long for this world simply because it's being run into the ground by upper management that simply don't have a clue how to manage an airline. I've spoke my piece. Nite nite!

With this kind of display...no wonder management goes after ALPA.

I suspect they will go after them again in 1 year. Why not? They feel no pain, guess they haven't hit bottom yet. Have more room to give and give.

I think the problem is that most of the other employee groups have hit rock bottom, while ALPA knows there's lots more downside before the pain level reaches the same as the other employee groups . . . . . hence, why some pilots advocate other employee groups to acquiese immediately.

I'd bet my 23% stake that ALPA will be hit again...hell and again after that too.

With CHUMPS willing to take one beating after another...where is there a motivation for the company to stop pounding them?

Let USA320CKA bankrole the entire thing.....his money is always a good substitute for a well run business plan. Right?

Now it's time for some more amusement....maybe Rocky and Bullwinkle are on cable somewhere? Maybe the ALPA-Esque GO GO GOPHERS is in the offing too? :p