APA President blasts management.

WeAAsles said:
Just you TWO Coneheads. But I never said lazy or overpaid. And I'm glad that you recognize you whine a lot too. So does the other Conehead.
im not shutting up and I'm not going to stop until the mechanics get what they deserve . You and 700 went to spin school . If the twu came to you today saying your going to be making 5 bucks a hour . You would some how spin it to make your lover the twu look good. Well I want I do not like the fact the first day I'm sick I get a half a days pay per occurance .we are the only group that has that. I should have 6 weeks vacation this year and another week in 4 years but I want. But stores got a week back. In the bk contract . I blame the twu for that. They hate mechanics like you and 700 do. You did call us overpaid I read between the lines. Well on the boards it may be us two cone heads but in the a/c maint ready room it is just about every body that feels this way. And before you say it was voted in. I voted no I have the right to complain. The 2003 and bk contract should have never been sent to be voted on. The twu should of not accepted either one. The pilots turned there down in bk and the judge told the company and union to work it out. Giving the pilots more leverage. I feel the judge would not of took as much as the twu gave away both times . I do not appreciate non mechanics like you and 700 disgracing my profession that I went and got a license for . And the twu/iam do the same thing to our profession they disrespect it also. I did not go get a license so I could get stores a extra week of vc. And all the other groups all there sick pay intact . See your lover the twu gave away what was hard fought all those years. If you call that a employee contract that you want . I want the union to get me industry leading pay and benefits. And not give anything a way. I have a reason to complain . Because the opposite has happened the twu has given up pay and benefits and lost jobs they said would stay.

Reactions: 1 person
conehead777 said:
im not shutting up and I'm not going to stop until the mechanics get what they deserve . You and 700 went to spin school . If the twu came to you today saying your going to be making 5 bucks a hour . You would some how spin it to make your lover the twu look good. Well I want I do not like the fact the first day I'm sick I get a half a days pay per occurance .we are the only group that has that. I should have 6 weeks vacation this year and another week in 4 years but I want. But stores got a week back. In the bk contract . I blame the twu for that. They hate mechanics like you and 700 do. You did call us overpaid I read between the lines. Well on the boards it may be us two cone heads but in the a/c maint ready room it is just about every body that feels this way. And before you say it was voted in. I voted no I have the right to complain. The 2003 and bk contract should have never been sent to be voted on. The twu should of not accepted either one. The pilots turned there down in bk and the judge told the company and union to work it out. Giving the pilots more leverage. I feel the judge would not of took as much as the twu gave away both times . I do not appreciate non mechanics like you and 700 disgracing my profession that I went and got a license for . And the twu/iam do the same thing to our profession they disrespect it also. I did not go get a license so I could get stores a extra week of vc. And all the other groups all there sick pay intact . See your lover the twu gave away what was hard fought all those years. If you call that a employee contract that you want . I want the union to get me industry leading pay and benefits. And not give anything a way. I have a reason to complain . Because the opposite has happened the twu has given up pay and benefits and lost jobs they said would stay.
I'm beginning to see the world with your eyes. In this world there are 2 groups mechanics and non mechanics. Now I got it. The non mechanics decided not to go to vocational school.I saw those commercials when I was  a kid should I become a airline mechanic or learn refrigeration or maybe learn to drive the big rigs

Got to love how the avionics tech plays the victim.

They only have themselves to blame.

I dont hate mechanics, have many friends that are mechanics, I have represented and negotiated for mechanics.

Come up with a new narrative, sort if Weaasles and myself are more knowledgeable than you.

700UW said:
I dont hate mechanics, have many friends that are mechanics, I have represented and negotiated for mechanics.
Come up with a new narrative, sort if Weaasles and myself are more knowledgeable than you.

Lav service gate C 12......,......

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
you wouldn't blame the union if they had you working for free. I do not care what you are w think. It's your fault if you negotiated for mechanics. i know how it works Bob Crandall even said it Tulsa at the meeting in Tulsa that if the mechanics could get out of the fleet union we would get paid more. The company offers so much cost for the twu work groups maint fleet stores. Because the twu wants to keep the group with the most union dues happy the twu give more to fleet. They do not care about amts. I do not blame me are mechanics who voted no. I want you and w to tell me how to trouble shoot a flight control sys EICAS message on a 777 if you and w are more knowledgeable then the amts. are how to rig a flight control. Are how to get into the CFDS on a 787 .

Reactions: 3 people
Reset or replace the box.

And you don't even need an A&P to perform avionics work per the FAA, all you need is an FCC Radio licence, at US we had a lead avionics on the line that only had his FCC. The company after the PI merger wanted all avionics to have their A&P.

I mentioned that the APA was representing their members as the weasel was attacking the fact they were doing so. Since the weasel is a heavy duty association supporter, I threw the zinger that the association does nothing, which is in fact true. Then the weasel and 700 began with the attack on our craft, that of which is the troubleshooting and repair of complex avionics systems on large airliners, and they are also trying to single us out from the other airline mechanics on the board and they also try to minimize our craft without knowing what things we have done to get the career path we have. .Additionally 700 then goes on to minimize a person holding an FCC Cert which is an extremely difficult cert to get.

It is all part of the constant drivel these 2 post when faced with the facts, they answer to the lack of representation by the association by attacking posters that point it out and they try to minimize the efforts of other unions when it is clear their union is doing nothing all in an effort to spin the topic which is part of their attempt to control the open dialog on this board.

Sad but true.

Complex systems yes, you being more knowledgeable then a mechanic nope.

And an FCC Radio License isnt hard to get, that all you need to legally fix Avionics and sign off the book.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-FCC-Licensed-Avionics-Technician

And there are many line stations that DONT have line avionics and the regular A&P has to fix it, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in.

Yep, resetting and/or replacing boxes is so complex.

Work in the Avionics shop, then you can brag.

700UW said:
Reset or replace the box.

And you don't even need an A&P to perform avionics work per the FAA, all you need is an FCC Radio licence, at US we had a lead avionics on the line that only had his FCC. The company after the PI merger wanted all avionics to have their A&P.

In this post, 700 minimizes the knowledge we have regarding complex avionics systems, you see 700, replacing or resetting the box, control, switch, panel, etc etc may not be difficult, the knowledge comes in when knowing which area within the system to work on, which is acquired through years of experience on a particular airframe of which we have knowledge of at least 6 different aircraft. Additionally, knowing the regulatory oversight of a particular repair of reset or replace. This very knowledge is also readily apparent with regular airframe/engine mechanics. These people also have in depth knowledge of all the different aircraft in the fleet and their systems developed over years of working the aircraft.

These 2 individuals, 700 and weasel, constantly attempt to minimize our craft with out knowing what steps along our career paths we have worked.

Many of us have served in the armed forces and gained experience there. Many in civil aviation starting on smaller aircraft. We have attended colleges tech schools, many schools through the company,  it seems sometimes these 2 are oblivious to these facts.

Very sad.

700UW said:
Complex systems yes, you being more knowledgeable then a mechanic nope.

And an FCC Radio License isnt hard to get, that all you need to legally fix Avionics and sign off the book.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-FCC-Licensed-Avionics-Technician

And there are many line stations that DONT have line avionics and the regular A&P has to fix it, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in.

Yep, resetting and/or replacing boxes is so complex.

Work in the Avionics shop, then you can brag.